Marina PH bathroom size

MomC

I am sure that someone out there can answer this. Is the bathroom in the PH suites larger than in the other cabins? I am not as much concerned with the overall size (although I would like to know that too), but specifically, how about the size of the shower? That was a tiny shower in the concierge cabins. The pictures in the brochure looked the same size, but the pictures I've seen taken by other passengers seemed like the counter space might be larger.

Thanks for your help.

Mom C

Both the counter and the shower in the PH bathroom are larger than those in the concierge cabins.

While the shower is not huge, it's just bigger enough to make it manageable (just).

I think you'll like the PHs overall.

Just thought of something else: You didn't ask about the closet or storage space, but for us, this was the clincher. We're hooked and will definitely stick with the space a PH on Marina offers. The walk-in closet was terrific, and there was way more storage drawers in the stateroom than we could have filled.

There was not a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, but there's a good vanity with lighted make-up mirror in the room. In the bathroom itself, there are two good-sized medicine cabinets (one on either side of the mirror), which had plenty of space for products.

I saw a lot of discussion about the small showers before we went on Marina, but the shower really was plenty big.

I really can't think of anything that was missing in the PH: plenty of room (never felt confined); great closet and storage; nice-sized bathroom and shower. I'd say it was well worth the extra cost to have the extra space.

The shower in the PH suite is bigger then on the R ships but it's not that big! Drawer space is good and the walk in closet is fabulous, a knockoff of Regent. Even the safe is located up high so you don't have to bend down to open it up.

I too just loved the PH. I only had one tiny complaint. I wish they had installed a reading lamp near the sofa. DH wakes early and did not want to wake me opening the shade. I hesitated booking another cruise this year and I just put a hold on Sapphire Seas Dec 10 2011, Mia-Mia and yes I booked a PH3, yes it's a little more forward than I had wanted but at the tremendous price reduction just announced I could not pass it up:D

I saw a lot of discussion about the small showers before we went on Marina, but the shower really was plenty big.

I really can't think of anything that was missing in the PH: plenty of room (never felt confined); great closet and storage; nice-sized bathroom and shower. I'd say it was well worth the extra cost to have the extra space.

Hi Suzan,

It's just as well that you "fell in love" with the PH. There is a BIG difference between it and the standard rooms (both in BR/shower size and storage space).

Enjoyed reading your travel journal - thank you for bringing back those memories; will look at the pictures later.

Hi Debbie - enjoyed cruising and touring with you guys.

wripro - it's been a pleasure - thanks for all the help in trivia.

Hi Suzan,

It's just as well that you "fell in love" with the PH. There is a BIG difference between it and the standard rooms (both in BR/shower size and storage space).

Enjoyed reading your travel journal - thank you for bringing back those memories; will look at the pictures later.

Thanks, Paul. :)

Yes, they won us over with the PH. Don't think we'll try anything else.

I too just loved the PH. I only had one tiny complaint. I wish they had installed a reading lamp near the sofa. DH wakes early and did not want to wake me opening the shade. I hesitated booking another cruise this year and I just put a hold on Sapphire Seas Dec 10 2011, Mia-Mia and yes I booked a PH3, yes it's a little more forward than I had wanted but at the tremendous price reduction just announced I could not pass it up:D

Hi Debbie & Jim!

I'm thinking that an "Early Xmas Present" is in order:

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Book-Light/dp/B000OOSDU6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1305184307&sr=8-9

FYI, the battery life on this is unbelievable! I've had the same 3 AAA batteries in mine for over a year, and I read a great deal.

I hope that you both enjoy your cruise.....and no more bickering about the lights!

JimandStan,

As I recall there was no magnifying mirror in the bathroom, but then I never seek one out so it could have been there and I just didn't notice. I have to second everyone on the closet. It was one of the best closets I've had. I loved entering in the middle instead of at the end. The racks were one height along the entire length with so much hanging space. The shoe racks were a blessing and you could actually move around in there, not just walk in, get what you want and have to come out again. Great design.

Hi Debbie & Jim!

I'm thinking that an "Early Xmas Present" is in order:

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-XtraFlex2-Book-Light/dp/B000OOSDU6/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1305184307&sr=8-9

FYI, the battery life on this is unbelievable! I've had the same 3 AAA batteries in mine for over a year, and I read a great deal.

I hope that you both enjoy your cruise.....and no more bickering about the lights!

Great idea thanks for the suggestion.

Someone mentioned the darkness in the PH suites caused by the pool deck overhang..but I have read all the other messages..why is it that no one else felt they were "in the dark"? We are in 1106, and I am quite excited about having a room to walk around in. Did any of you cruise years ago on the original 120 Passenger Renaissance ships. I wish i knew how lmany square feet those cabins were. We loved cruising the world in them. And, the curtains did close so one could read and one could sleep.

Second, what do we do with the butler? I know we meet with him at the start. We don't drink.. Please let me know what you had him/her do, and what you wished you had asked for but didn't. Or what someone else did that you wished you had thought of. . Our trip is in mid July. Thanks

How dressy to have to get.. we really like relaxed dressy-ish at best.

Do I have to book the specialty restaurants now, or will they still have openings when I board? we are vegans, no meat, no dairy. WHich of the restaurants will be the best suited for a vegan.

No one speaks about the Marina entertainment. Last Febr we took a last minute sailing on the newer Celebrity Solstice... great entertainment. The theatre is exceptional, with dancers on the ceiling.. etc. How are the shows on the Marina? thanks so much! Bobbibobbimar@gmail.com

Someone mentioned the darkness in the PH suites caused by the pool deck overhang..but I have read all the other messages..why is it that no one else felt they were "in the dark"? We are in 1106, and I am quite excited about having a room to walk around in. Did any of you cruise years ago on the original 120 Passenger Renaissance ships. I wish i knew how lmany square feet those cabins were. We loved cruising the world in them. And, the curtains did close so one could read and one could sleep.

We were in 11020, and I didn't think the room was dark at all. We loved that there was the overhang that kept direct sunlight off the balcony. (I just now read the review that was posted, mentioning how dark the 11th floor penthouse was...but I sure couldn't agree with it at all.) We enjoyed our room so much that we've already booked another cruise in the same cabin.

Second, what do we do with the butler? I know we meet with him at the start. We don't drink.. Please let me know what you had him/her do, and what you wished you had asked for but didn't. Or what someone else did that you wished you had thought of. . Our trip is in mid July. Thanks

The only request we made of Anthony was for a pitcher of iced tea each afternoon. We never put in an order for the afternoon canapes, but he always delivered some...and the iced tea was waiting for us when we returned from our port tours. We did eat dinner from Red Ginger in the room one night after a long port tour, and that was relaxing.

Oh, there was one small glitch with the electrical plug in our room (each time I used Oceania's hairdryer, it tripped a fuse, causing the lights to go out in the walk-in closet). Anthony made sure that the electrician took care of this quickly.

How dressy to have to get.. we really like relaxed dressy-ish at best.

I'd say that if you dress for dinner as if you're going to a nice restaurant at home, you can't go wrong. My husband brought a sports jacket with him, but he never did wear it. I just never got the impression that people were looking around noting what others were wearing. It was so relaxing...just what we had hoped for.

Do I have to book the specialty restaurants now, or will they still have openings when I board? we are vegans, no meat, no dairy. WHich of the restaurants will be the best suited for a vegan.

They may have openings when you board, but the times might not be what you'd prefer. All of the restaurants seemed to have a good variety of choices on their menus.

No one speaks about the Marina entertainment. Last Febr we took a last minute sailing on the newer Celebrity Solstice... great entertainment. The theatre is exceptional, with dancers on the ceiling.. etc. How are the shows on the Marina? thanks so much!

I can't believe we didn't go to one single show. But, it's just the way it worked out. Being on a 10-day cruise with stops in 10 ports, our priority was making the most of each port. That's probably why we've booked a TA for our next cruise...so we can have time to enjoy all that Marina has to offer.

Bobbibobbimar@gmail.com

My replies to your questions are above in red. Enjoy your cruise. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Archived