crusing at Christmas and New Year

We have cruised several times and this year we fancy a cruise over Christmas and maybe New Year. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions other than the Caribbean.

Also the prices at the minute are pretty high. Might we get a deal by waiting or is it likely we would lose out altogether?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You won't get a deal for a Holiday cruise as they tend to be in high demand.

Prices will be lower before or after the Holiday cruise.

One to look into might be Hawaii or possibly Australia and/or New Zealand.

Keith

We do a Caribbean Christmas cruise every year. In 2010 we ended up paying $800 less per person from the original booking price for a 10 day Emerald Princess cruise. We booked the same cruise for 2011 and already had $200 price drop so you never know what will happen. It all depends how quickly the bookings fill-up. Prior to 2010 we never had such a steep price drop.

Hi, and welcome!

Cruises book up early for Christmas cruises. One warm one is the Thomson cruise round the Red Sea, which can be combined with a stay at a top hotel in Sharm el Sheikh.....the ship will be old, but the entertainment is wonderful. You can have a full package flying Thomson Air from places like Leeds/Brad, or Doncaster.

MSC and Costa have cruises in the Med, and there's usually an RCI and an NCL ship there, sailing from Barcelona....hint- find your own flights....!

Independence of the Seas sails from Southampton to the Canaries, but has recently altered its Christmas & NY cruise, breaking it down to 3 shorter ones....I don't know how full she is, but she's a massive ship.

If you want to have the traditional Christmas at sea, mince pies, plum pudding and crackers, you should perhaps look at the sailings of Cunard and P&O- but they get booked up very quickly.

Fred Olsen will have sailings from Dover, but I don't know where-probably Canaries, Madeira..Again, very traditional.

I hope you find something for this Christmas. :)

Jo.

Welcome to cruise critic

we used to do christmas cruises -- it's not the prices that keep us from doing them -- and there are no bargains then --but not it is how many children are on these cruises -- not that i don't like children -- but for the holidays i like peace and quiet

Archived