table for two?

richncarol

Definitely request one, if that's what you want. They are in limited supply. If you don't get assigned to one (you won't know your seating assignment until you board) you can join the line to talk to the maitre d' to get it changed. If you explain it is your 25th anniversary maybe it will make a difference.

Carnival doesnt have a place to request one on their booking form. Your booking agent can note it, but no guarantee anyone would read the request.

you might want to choose anytime dining as that way you will be able to always eat just with yourselves every night. A lot of tables for two set aside for anytime dining.

Carnival doesnt have a place to request one on their booking form. Your booking agent can note it, but no guarantee anyone would read the request.

Yes, they do have a place for a TA to note it. But, as stated, it isn't for sure. Go see the MD at the stated time after boarding.

You didn't mention which ship you are on. We just got off of the Dream today and we started off at a table for 10. We DEFINITELY didn't want that. As soon as we boarded the ship we went to our dining room and asked for a change. It was granted no problem. There were plenty of tables for two. yes you will be close by others, but you are definitely eating by yourself. I wouldn't choose anytime dining because they charge you $10.00 per person per day, since you have a different waiter each time. Good luck..

You didn't mention which ship you are on. We just got off of the Dream today and we started off at a table for 10. We DEFINITELY didn't want that. As soon as we boarded the ship we went to our dining room and asked for a change. It was granted no problem. There were plenty of tables for two. yes you will be close by others, but you are definitely eating by yourself. I wouldn't choose anytime dining because they charge you $10.00 per person per day, since you have a different waiter each time. Good luck..

We have Anytime Dining for our cruise on the Fascination in July and I wasn't aware of any extra charge. Is this something new because I have not heard any mention of this before?

I wouldn't choose anytime dining because they charge you $10.00 per person per day, since you have a different waiter each time. Good luck..

$10/day is a standard tip charged to your S&S account no matter which type of dining you have.

We have Anytime Dining for our cruise on the Fascination in July and I wasn't aware of any extra charge. Is this something new because I have not heard any mention of this before?

We were on the Freedom in Feb/Mar and no such charge then either - I think poster either got ripped off or is mistaken. As previous poster said - $10 is charged per person per day no matter where you dine, your cabin is, your age, etc.

There is no extra charge for anytime dining.

Are you saying you shouldn't pay gratuities because you have a different server every night?

Not sure i understand what you are trying to say here.

Bill

its our 25th anniversary cruise (no Kids this year :D). Can we get a table for two? Can I request it prior to the cruise?

Thanks

Yes, you can request a table for two from your travel agent, but it is not guaranteed that you'll get one. My recommendation is to go see the Maitre 'D after you board the ship. He/she will usually be located at one of the dining room entrances around 1:00pm on sailing day. Ask if you can be moved to a table for two. It usually works for us!

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! We'll be celebrating our 37th this year!

:cool:Bill

. I wouldn't choose anytime dining because they charge you $10.00 per person per day, since you have a different waiter each time. Good luck..

you get charged this no matter what dining you do. If you dont want to pay it you can go to the pursers desk and have it removed.

:(Even if you get a table for two you will still be sitting right next to somebody.

Not necessarily true! We just got off the Triumph where we had asked for Anytime Dining and were given Late Dining. We talked to the Maitre d' and while he was unable to put anymore people in Anytime, he did give us a table for 2 and we ended up alone in a booth.

Let me just correct something here before it goes too far... You are NOT charged $10/day for Your Time Dining. Your Sail & Sign account is automatically charged $10/day as a gratuity for not only your wait staff but also your cabin steward and the various folks who serve food on the Lido Deck.

You may as well say that you're being charged an additional 15% for each drink because you don't have the same bartender for every drink. It just doesn't work that way. Everyone is charged the same $10/day. You're free to remove the automatic gratuity if you feel the service didn't warrant it, however...

:)

Archived