Tell Us Your Choice for Our HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Fall 2006

Where & when do you want to go on our group cruise in the Fall 2006?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Where & when do you want to go on our group cruise in the Fall 2006?

• 10/15/06 Eastern Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 10/29/06 Eastern Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 10/22/06 Western Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 11/5/06 Western Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 11/3/06 Southern Caribbean - Volendam - 10 days
    • 11/23/06 Southern Caribbean - Volendam - 10 days

I voted 2 dates, only because we are locked into other commitments on those other dates, 10/15 Eastern Caribbean and 11/3 Volendam. I know you are not going to be able to please everyone, so let the poll run a few days and see what happens :) Great job Heather! :)

I voted for the 10/22 Western on the Westerdam, but only because that's the week of our Anniversary. The 10/29 Eastern would be great too because that week would include DW's Birthday (She planned it that way!).

Actually, we will likely go whichever itinerary / ship the majority pick but we do prefer the 7 day due to time away from work etc..

I voted for the Volendam 11/3 since I don't like 7 day cruises and don't like the new Vista Class (To big) I like the 11/3 since it is before Thanksgiving so you can be home then and the ship wouldn't have a lot of kids at that time. Penny

I am making an "executive" decision to rule out the 11/23 cruise because in discussion with some of you I was reminded of the exhorbitant cost and airport traffic during the Thanksgiving holiday. So that makes no sense at all.

There is a definite trend toward the 7 day itinerary and I hope everyone will also consider 11/12 even though you don't see it on the list.

I'm going to really analyze all your responses by Thursday (I'm out a good part of tomorrow) and try to be in touch with some of you if I have your email. I'm thinking the 10/29 or 11/12 Eastern looks very good and would love some feedback via posts or you can always email me at HeathersIsland@aol.com.

I really hope we can work this out so as many of you "earlybirds" as possible are happy with our choice and can join us. When working with a large group of people we can't all have our first choice of course. I'm sure once we make our decision and get things rolling we'll have even more people and it should make for a really great time.

I hope everyone will also consider 11/12 even though you don't see it on the list.

Sorry I cant make this date but its ok, I will stay home so you all have someone back home to give live reports from the ship too :)

Ziggy, I just said "consider". 10/29 is very much in the running. I'm going to make sure that the absolute most people are being served as best they can be.

There are a few of these itineraries that I can't even do so if it comes to that, someone else will have to step in as Group Leader. But let's not jump the gun.

Give it a couple of days. For the record, at this point 10/29 is my personal favorite;) (well, my very first was the 11/3 Volendam, but I think it's a little too much $$$ for my blood right now):o .

The two of us like ten days as it gives us more time at sea, but 7 days would be okay. Also like waiting until November as by then we'd feel like we were escaping the cold more. I just hope that we get to stay on HMC this time. Our only other visit it was very cold and rainy and we left the island early as the seas were getting rough for the tenders.

I would like to go on any of the cruises after the 15 of the month. At work I can't get away the first two weeks of the month, so any of the later of the month cruises work for me. There will be only me going. Was on the westerdam last year it's a beautiful ship. Maryann

Even though the 11/23 seems to be so popular - I personally would encourage everyone to consider the 7-day Eastern out of FLL on the Westerdam - we have better odds of getting newbies and veterans on this sailing... it is economically priced and it is not over the Holidays...

In all honesty - keeping it simple, makes it easier for more participation - just food for thought. :)

However - if anyone wants to do the 11/12 on the Volendam - please let us know!!! We can't add it to the poll at this stage, but we can keep track. :)

Heather, I vote we choose the one most people can go, after all this is why we even started this whole cruise :) So if that means 7 days, then so be it :) The main thing is we will all have a good time!

I say, start a new poll, ask everyone to check all the crusies they could go on, that will narrow it way down :)

Heather, I vote we choose the one most people can go, after all this is why we even started this whole cruise :)

As of this time the 'most' people have voted for the 11/3 Volendam. Even with many more 7 day Westerdam cruises listed than 10 day Vols, the vote is almost tied, so the 10 day does appear very popular also.

I would narrow it down to the 11/3 Volendam and then the 7 day with the most votes so far, which is the 11/5 Westerdam, and have a run-off between those 2 cruises.

The first week in Nov. certainly is the most popular time- 60% of the voters voted for that week.

As of this time the 'most' people have voted for the 11/3 Volendam. Even with many more 7 day Westerdam cruises listed than 10 day Vols, the vote is almost tied, so the 10 day does appear very popular also.

I would narrow it down to the 11/3 Volendam and then the 7 day with the most votes so far, which is the 11/5 Westerdam, and have a run-off between those 2 cruises.

The first week in Nov. certainly is the most popular time- 60% of the voters voted for that week.

Peaches, you can't go by which got the most votes because you were able to vote for more than one. For instance I voted for the 11/3 and the 10/29. That's why I'm analyzing who voted for what week and the posts they made as to which is their first and second choice.

The percentages alone (at this point) don't tell the whole story.

When the votes stop coming in over the next day or so, I will narrow it to 2 choices. If it ends up being a cruise I can't go on, then someone else can take over as "leader".

Anyone who would be interested in doing that, please post so we'll know. Right now Laura and I are working together on it.

P.S. As of this second there are 20 votes for a 7-day and 18 for a 10-day so it's easy to see that there is no clear cut "winner". I will narrow this down within a couple of days. But I need more votes to see what to narrow it down to. Thanks for all your help and responses! It really does help us.

I voted for any of the seven-day itineraries for Fall 2006. Normally, I would much prefer the ten-day itineraries, but in 2006 I think I will be hard-pressed to get away for anything more than seven-days. With my Hawaii/South Pacific cruise in January 2006, I'm gonna be really tight on vacation time for the remainder of the year. I could only do a ten-dayer if it left on a Tuesday, thus allowing me to get ten days by only using up six days of vacation time.

Blue skies ...

--rita

And don't forget about the alternate date of 11/12, Eastern itinerary on the Westerdam. It's not on the poll so it may get left behind...maybe we can add that one to the new/narrowed-down poll?

I'm in the same boat as Ziggy...only on the opposing schedule. Can't go in October...so if that's the one that's selected, I'll stay at home at read the reports!

We'll take any of the sailings on the Westerdam, east or west.

Last year we sailed on the Oosterdam, leaving 10/31 without fear of hurricanes. Heather, you went the week before, right?

But 11/12 is fine with us too.

Maybe narrow it down to which ship, then go from there?

Are you thinking of going?

Which did you vote for?

Obviously it will be difficult to please everyone though I am certain every vote will be counted! November seems to be the preference, surprisingly. I am really interested in knowing everyone's preferences so keep them coming!

Early November is a good time for us and although I voted for the Eastern Carribbean, the 10 day on 11/3 looks good also. We are not real sure we want to do a Western since we have done that on RCCL out of Galveston and will be doing it again between now and then. I guess the short answer is whenever, whatever, we will probably be there. Sounds like fun.

Even though the 11/12 isn't there, I will not forget it. So not to worry.

I've been out all day and I'm only just back. I'm going to work on this a bit later or tomorrow. I just need a little breather from it today.

I do feel that there seems to be a leaning toward November and in the long run I honestly believe the 7-day will be more popular with more people, but nothing will be ruled out until we have considered everybody's wishes. Also we'll probably give a bit more weight to the people who feel pretty positive they want to go rather than the maybes.

So it will really be helpful if you either email me or post your first and second choices so we can weigh them fairly.

Thanks so much.

Archived