Tell Us Your Choice for Our HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Fall 2006

Where & when do you want to go on our group cruise in the Fall 2006?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Where & when do you want to go on our group cruise in the Fall 2006?

• 10/15/06 Eastern Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 10/29/06 Eastern Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 10/22/06 Western Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 11/5/06 Western Caribbean - Westerdam - 7 days
    • 11/3/06 Southern Caribbean - Volendam - 10 days
    • 11/23/06 Southern Caribbean - Volendam - 10 days

Heather,

Thanks so much for getting this started! I VOTED FOR 10/29/06, EASTERN on WESTERDAM. I also like first day at sea and last day at Half Moon. We will want a suite please, for two. It would be a birthday cruise for me, being an Oct. 30th. birthday girl!:D

You are starting what would be a wonderful cruise!

(Does anyone have the New Noordam schedule?) Just wondered if she will be anywhere in the caribbean during that time frame. We have been on Oosterdam for both eastern and western and loved the ship. We had an SS the first week, and Veranda 2nd week. They both were great, so look forward to trying the Westerdam.

When I had previously asked about Cruise Critic parties and get togethers, I was not encouraged. I got the impression that they had the idea that we were all "over-the-hill", and did not communicate like "other" boards groups.

''THERE IS NOTHING SO POWERFUL AS AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME!"

THERE IS A GREAT GROUP OVER ON THE VEENDAMERS 11/26/05.

IT IS NOT AN "OFFICIAL" GROUP, BUT I IMAGINE MANY OF THOSE WILL BE INTERESTED.:D

As of this time the 'most' people have voted for the 11/3 Volendam. Even with many more 7 day Westerdam cruises listed than 10 day Vols, the vote is almost tied, so the 10 day does appear very popular also.

I would narrow it down to the 11/3 Volendam and then the 7 day with the most votes so far, which is the 11/5 Westerdam, and have a run-off between those 2 cruises.

The first week in Nov. certainly is the most popular time- 60% of the voters voted for that week.

Peaches,

Sorry to miss lead you but what I meant was, if everyone who picked the 10 day, could do the 7 day, then all the ones that could only do a 7 day would be able to go too, that means alot more cc'ers can go. After all this is not for our dream cruise, its so we can get together with as many of us as possible and have a good time.

Am I alone in thinking this way ??? :confused:

Ziggy, Peaches is not even interested in going. She didn't even vote in the poll so it's not really an issue. I think she felt we needed a little help. While I think that was very nice of her and appreciate her efforts, I think EKerr and I are doing okay.

Sinbad, when we reviewed the directions for getting a CC cruise started it was clear that we are to come to them with a "plan". CC does not plan the cruise on their own. This all got started with JHannah saying that HAL "owes" us for all the "free" advertising we provide here on the boards. I said they should give us all a free cruise! Well, clearly that's not going to happen but one thing led to another and here we are:D . So welcome aboard!!!

I'm not going to add any more ships/cruisedates to the mix at this point. We'll stick with what we have and narrow it down and have a final vote on a separate thread in a couple of days. There's also an 11/12 Westerdam Eastern Caribbean being considered that didn't make it to the poll.

I've now down a chart and made notes of people's preferences based on their posts along with their votes. So it's further along than everyone might think.

I even have a volunteer to take over as Group Leader should I not be able to go because of the timing. I'm also getting a lot of help via emails so once we get going there will be no stopping us!

Again, thanks everyone!

Peaches,

Sorry to miss lead you but what I meant was, if everyone who picked the 10 day, could do the 7 day, then all the ones that could only do a 7 day would be able to go too, that means alot more cc'ers can go. After all this is not for our dream cruise, its so we can get together with as many of us as possible and have a good time.

Am I alone in thinking this way ??? :confused:

I'm right there with you Ziggy - for me this is all about meeting the great folks that are here on the boards with us so if we have to do a 7 day instead of a 10 day to get more folks to participate, I'm all for it!

Me, too......

I'm right there with Ziggy and Brian. It almost doesn't matter that much to me where we go.I am hoping that many of us go on this cruise and get to meet 'live and in color'. We spend so many days, weeks, months of our lives together, what a treat it will be to meet face to face.

I'm sure everyone posting here means well but if they aren't even interested in joining the group, I am happy to go along with the direction that Heather and ekerr seem to be 'competently' guiding us.

Thank you to both of them. They are acting; not just yakking.

I think Brian and Sail summed it up. Put us in the "high probable" category. (total of 2)

P.S. ok I voted for the 10 day that is over DW b'day. But previous comments are germane. When and where are almost (thats almost) unimportant.

Cheers

MarkB

Great, Mark! Could you vote please? I don't see your name. You can check off more than one, but if you do just post in what order you like them. (P.S. I hope you saw my explanation to you on the other thread:o ).

Thanks! And thanks everyone for your kind words:D

Hi Heather I definitely want to go and would prefer the Volendam but the dates are just not good for me. The 3rd of the month is too early the the 23rd too late. The only one that works for us with my work is the October 15th Westerdam. It would be a lot of fun to get this put together.

Hi Heather I definitely want to go and would prefer the Volendam but the dates are just not good for me. The 3rd of the month is too early the the 23rd too late. The only one that works for us with my work is the October 15th Westerdam. It would be a lot of fun to get this put together.

Lisa, if you don't get my email how about 11/12 for you? Would that work? The 10/15 is one of the least likely at this point.

Love your diary and pics!!!:D

I have been so busy the past few days have not been able to post. I've not been on the HAL board long but it's the best! We were thinking about a Mexican Riveria for next fall but could change our plans. The 10-15 would be good. We would be two in a veranda and at this point am 75% sure it would be a go. Any of the 7 day cruises would work for us. We have yet to take our first HAL cruise, but are sailing on the Maasdam in November and looking forward to it.

Ziggy, Peaches is not even interested in going. She didn't even vote in the poll so it's not really an issue.

Heather, I had no idea you were deciding on your own who is interested in the CC cruise and who isn't.

I never posted a word that I would not be interested- what's with that? I'm sure not everyone who might want to go has voted yet either. Not every CC member is on the board 24/7 and many who might vote don't even know about the poll yet.

I mistakenly had thought it more fair to wait a couple days until I could discuss it w/ DH, who is out-of-town, so as not to choose a cruise(s) he would not want and thereby give a false vote on your poll. I had no idea you were making assumptions on your own as to who is interested and who isn't (and publically posting them, which I DON'T appreciate).

All I did was look at the poll results and comment on what dates and itineraries seemed most popular at that time. I have no idea what Ziggy posted nor was I trying to help anybody out. And I certainly didn't say we wouldn't be interested in going.

Knowing we absolutely prefer a 10 day and the Vol, I will just vote for both of those then, without knowing for sure which week DH would be able or want to go.

Heather, I had no idea you were deciding on your own who is interested in the CC cruise and who isn't.

I never posted a word that I would not be interested- what's with that? I'm sure not everyone who might want to go has voted yet either. Not every CC member is on the board 24/7 and many who might vote don't even know about the poll yet.

I mistakenly had thought it more fair to wait a couple days until I could discuss it w/ DH, who is out-of-town, so as not to choose a cruise(s) he would not want and thereby give a false vote on your poll. I had no idea you were making assumptions on your own as to who is interested and who isn't (and publically posting them, which I DON'T appreciate).

All I did was look at the poll results and comment on what dates and itineraries seemed most popular at that time. I have no idea what Ziggy posted nor was I trying to help anybody out. And I certainly didn't say we wouldn't be interested in going.

Knowing we absolutely prefer a 10 day and the Vol, I will just vote for both of those then, without knowing for sure which week DH would be able or want to go.

I am most certainly not deciding on my own who's interested. Peaches, YOU DID NOT VOTE!!! Nor (in your post) did you suggest you would be letting us know your interest. So I assumed you had no interest. I think that was a fair assumption.

I was trying to be nice and credit you with your offer of help. I retract that.

P.S. I'm editing my post because I need to add that I have been working considerably hard on this project along with EKerr and some others behind the scenes. Many have emailed me directly since they did the poll to tell me of changes in what they would like, how serious they are, etc.

Part of our consideration in determining which cruises we will put in our final poll will be taking more seriously the people who have told me they plan on DEFINITELY booking the cruise.

I have no interest in getting into a sparring match with anyone who has a personal dislike for me. So far that had not occurred, but I can assure you that I will turn this over to someone else the moment I sense that happening. I will say no more about this.

I've had some time to think this over.

66% of the votes are for a 7 day cruise. So that is probably the best bet. Several of the people showing an interest in the Volendam 10-day have indicated they are equally interested in the 7-day.

We believe the 7-day will be more popular with the majority of our CC friends.

Unfortuntely EKerr has not been feeling well (and she's leaving this weekend on her cruise!):( , but hopefully I'll talk with her today and we will probably be putting up the final poll by tonight to tomorrow morning.

I have been reading the posts and the results of the poll, but wanted to look into other cruises and confer with DH before I stated our choices.

We usually do a 10 in November, so would vote for either of the 10 day Volendam cruises. 7 days is just not enough, when airfares are so expensive from Canada.

It's never easy to take on a leadership role, and you and EKerr have done so graciously.

There will always be the people who feel compelled to inject some negativity into anything. It's easier to stand back and criticize than to pitch in and help, no?

The idea of a cruise for CC members has blossomed ... thanks to the efforts of two very special people and those who support them.

I am looking forward to this adventure, only wishing it were a lot sooner than 2006!

Esme, I'll be putting up another poll within a day so watch for that. I will, of course, include the 10 day Volendam on 11/3 because it's gotten many votes.

I'm hoping once I get that poll up that I can get Walt to remove this poll just to avoid any unnecessary confusion.

Heather,

So glad to read that you will be doing a new poll. I'm totally lost on where we are :eek:

I voted for the Volendam 11/23 sailing as I said before, however, the 11/3 is fine too. Not interested in the western caribbean so if the 11/12 eastern is added I would definitely vote for that over all the other 7 day ones offered so far :)

Looking forward to your next post!

Linda

It was a very bad idea for me to have quite so many choices and to allow more than one vote.

By the poll, it's pretty much split evenly between 7 days and 10 days right now. It's missing the 11/12 Eastern that many of you have said you want. Also, the 11/3 includes some people who have since told me they would prefer a 7-day.

I hope everyone sees this post because I'm going to do the final poll. I'm going to ask you to please only vote if you honestly feel you're going to go. This isn't a popularity contest to see who likes which itinerary the most. I really need to have people vote for the date and itinerary they can see themselves booking.

I am going to lump the 10/29 and 11/12 together and it's very important that if you vote for that itinerary, you then post if there is one you would not or could not go on. If you're open to either, simply check that box.

Archived