Can anyone explain this review comment?

helpthejuggler

A review has been posted by HCCruise title 'Eclipse Missed the Mark'.

"Pool Area - we were very disappointed that they allowed children and infants in the indoor pool which is suppose to be for Concierge Club members and above only."\

We were on the same eclipse cruise and the weather was not good enough for using the outdoor pool much (some did try).

I dont understand the 'suppose to be for Concierge Club member...' comment. I assume this is the Solarium pool.

Any suggestions or did I miss something, another pool perhaps?

The poster is in error -- the indoor pool is NOT for Concierge Class and above. It IS supposed to be for adults only. I would have been upset if they let children in as well.

Do they let the kids use it if the weather is to bad to use the outdoor pool? Are there other indoor pools?

If THAT is the way that the reviewer felt that Eclipse "missed the mark," I'd say that's a weak reason to judge the ship as missing the mark. Our experieince on the Solstice was the single best cruising experience we've had on 20+ cruises.

A review has been posted by HCCruise title 'Eclipse Missed the Mark'.

Hmmm-- no such Cruise Critic member. Maybe OP misspelled the screen name. Or maybe the review wasn't posted on Cruise Critic? I'll dig further.

Edit-- found it! Orator, here's the link--

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82890

I don't know why my member search for HCCruise did not produce a result.

I am sorry but they call it an adult pool for a reason. If it is raining, oh well. I enjoy relaxing in the adult pool not having to worry about someone's child sceaming and jumping in the water. I had an unfortunate run in a few years ago where a 5/6 year old decided to do a cannonball right on top of my head. The parents did not apoligize for the incident. They claimed that their child has the right to jump in the pool and I should not have been where he was jumping. The management noticed how angry I was after they said that so they decided to ban the family from using the pool. I had to see the ship doctor because of the pain I was in. Thankfully I was not charged for the visit to the doctor.

I just read the review. I wonder where he/she got the impression that the Solarium was for Concierge Class and above only? Pretty strange. As has been mentioned, that is definitely not the case. It is adults only, but not restricted to a certain cabin class. While Celebrity may make an exception in bad weather (I haven't seen this and we had cold weather and rain on our cruise), I would not want to see babies in the pool with nothing on if this really occurred.

My experience on the Eclipse was completely different. We loved everything about it, room service was excellent, food was excellent, service everywhere was excellent. We experienced no issues with smoking in any of the clubs, balconies, or anywhere else that it wasn't supposed to be.

Hmmm-- no such Cruise Critic member. Maybe OP misspelled the screen name. Or maybe the review wasn't posted on Cruise Critic? I'll dig further.

Edit-- found it! Orator, here's the link--

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82890

Thanks for the link. I believe that Que was the Cruise Director for that sailing. Found him to be quite good and not as the poster noted. It has already been noted that the reviewer was in error when they said that the pool was only for Concierge or above. I wonder if the reviewer ever found a supervisor, or went to Guest Relations to complain? If what was described is accurate, the situation should have been handled quickly.

You sound like the people to ask about cruising! We are on the Solstice 5/26.....How do we change our dinner reservation time? We are very novice cruisers with many questions....JGD

You can call your agent now and ask him/her to make a change for you. You could also do it on the ship on the first day, but sometimes the time you want may not be available. They usually have someone available to make changes on deck 4 outside the MDR. Do it ASAP. Enjoy your cruise.

I'll disagree with the 'adults-only, even in bad wx' opinion, realizing it can be a problem with sharing what is normally an adult venue. But in my view, its kind of the lost luggage situation and people don't wear the prescribed dress to the MDR....things happen and 'rules' should be modified. If there is only one useable pool for all passengers due to inclement wx, then it should be open to all - all that should be in a pool, obviously not diapered ones.

On our TA Nov-Dec 09, we did have one day of rain and cool wx, but I don't remember seeing kids in the pool, but of course that wasn't a family-oriented type of cruise.

Den

Steve, I have seen this before. It's usually a negative review (or at least one with negative comments) by someone who's never posted anything before (might explain why their expectations or perceptions needed adjustment). Yes, they have to be a registered user to write a review, but for whatever reason their profile doesn't come up in a search.

I was on the Eclipse for 31 days in April and May and my views are quite different from those expressed by the reviewer. However, taking him at his word, he said what he believed to be true and all we can do is continue to present different points of view when we feel it necessary. It is ultimately the responsibility of future cruisers to read as many comments as possible and base their decision on what they find.

In bad weather they let kids use the pool inside.

Children are only allowed to use the indoor Solarium pool with the Captain's approval. This happened once on one of our X cruises when the weather outside was bad. I was told by one of the Officers that I spoke to that the Captain had given permission for the kids to use the pool for the day. It wasn't a very pleasant experience for the adults who were trying to relax, read, or just enjoy some peace and quiet as there was a little girl who took delight in walking around the pool and screaming for no apparent reason and neither of her parents asked her to stop.

Since we think the review is wrong, is it possible to get a moderator to correct or annotate.

I really don't think so, nor do I think it's a good idea. It's a slippery slope from correcting what appear to be simple factual errors to editing out someone's opinion. The review should stand on its own, good or bad. For all we know, the reviewer may have been incorrectly informed by ship's staff that the pool was for the use of Concierge-and-above-only guests, which would make their review factual, at least as far as they knew.

You sound like the people to ask about cruising! We are on the Solstice 5/26.....How do we change our dinner reservation time? We are very novice cruisers with many questions....JGD

Hi - have you taken a look at the rollcall pages for this cruise? You will find lots of experienced cruisers willing to help with questions.

You can also register for the connections party and join us for a sailaway gathering - you will be very welcome.:)

• Administrators
Since we think the review is wrong, is it possible to get a moderator to correct or annotate.

If you send me a note, I'll look into this. Please let me know exactly what you think is incorrect in the review. We don't edit reviews for incorrect informaton, but if the error is serious enough in nature, we will return the review for the member to correct it themselves.

It is possible the person just didn't realize something. We won't correct that type of information in someone's review.

Laura

Hmm? I'm not sure about that?

It's most certainly the truth. On quite a few of my X cruises, I've seen kids and infants in the T-Pool and the hot tubs reserved for adults. All this despite a sign saying no children allowed.

Archived