What to bring on excursions ??

Soon2Barmn

What items do yall recomend taking ashore for excursions??? I was thinking a camera, some small snacks, and a smile... Am I missing anything?

The camera and the smile is good. In terms of the snacks be sure the meet the guidelines of the port. Normally this means wrapped items.

Other items to bring include;

Water.

Band Aids

Tissues

Sun Screen

Sun Glasses

Money

Hat

I'm sure other will add more to the list.

Keith

Your ship card and photo ID are required to get back on the ship.

If its a long excursion I bring a energy bar or some emergency food ...though Iv never needed it. They always stop for food it seems. Even my excursion to Tulum where I ate before I reboarded, they gave us a bottle of water, a little bag of chips and a little bag of peanuts.

I carry a backpack because Im almost sure to buy something .. or if nothing else to carry a book with me and whatever else I might want.

Bring the newsletter for your ship (Carnival Capers, Princess Patters) etc. for that day. It will have the time to be back on the ship (which is NOT the same as sailaway time) as you'll want to be back on board by then. It will also tell you what id to take off (which will include an approved photo ID plus your cabin card).

If you bring food off the ship, it will probably have to be pre-packaged food such as a power bar. Many countries are understandably protective of their agriculture that fruits, vegetables, breads, etc. are not allowed to be brought in.

I think it depends on the excursion...if you are going on a sightseeing tour or something on land, it is easier to bring a backpack with all the things others have mentioned. If you are going to be on a snorkel or other "sea" tour, you may have to get out in the water and walk to the smaller boat you are going on (say a snorkel boat or catamaran), so you would want to have just a smaller bag and possibly your valuables in a waterproof ziplock or something...those bags that have the drawstrings at the top work well for this...then stick your camera, money, etc. into a large freezer bag (bring this with you) and keep it from getting wet...or wrap your towel around it.

Usually DH and I will bring one towel from the ship to share, and then I bring a sarong or something for water excursions...that way it is not too bulky with the towels, but that is just our personal preference. On a lot of water excursions, you will have some time to dry out on your sail/ride back to the pier/dock.

I also put my money is a smaller ziplock (can you tell I'm a fan of ziplocks?!?:p ) They are also handy when you have to pack up to go home:( and need a bag to put your collectibles, like seashells, in.

Bring money but bring some singles, fives, tens etc. It's much easier to bargan with , and pay the exact amount from a vendor purchase as they can't always make change. Or sometimes don't have change in US dollars for you...

What items do yall recomend taking ashore for excursions??? I was thinking a camera, some small snacks, and a smile... Am I missing anything?

1. A watch that is set to the ship's time especially if you are going off on your own.

2. A map of the port city, so you can find your way around.

3. If you are in a foreign port some individuals carry their passport and others just carry a copy of the interior page of the passport (that has your picture and your information).

We only bring what's necessary for what we'll be doing. If we're only shopping, no need to bring sunscreen and towels! If you're going to the beach, you won't need all the money that you might for shopping! If you're doing an excursion, just bring the bare minimum for that activity....

It depends on the excursion. If for a beach, towels, a waterproof disposable camera, some cash, sunscreen, bottled water, sea pass, hat...not much else.

If sightseeing, bottled water, a jacket if necessary, camera, cash, sea pass.

It also depends on the length of the excursion.

I've never had a ship excursion include water, towels, sunscreen a camera or hats.

Take as little as you can get away with, you will have to carry your stuff all day. I only take a small cross body purse unless it's a beach day, then I take a beach tote.

In my purse I bring, besides my wallet-

--a small first aide kit in a quart sized bag. It has saved the day when all you need is headache medicine, antacid or blister.

--some hard candy

--a small nylon fold-into-itself grocery bag. This has come in handy many times.

Can carry a windbreaker or poncho if the weather changes on you, maybe some bottled water, cash or an ATM card if in a foreign country. DO NOT carry your passport unless the cruise line instructs you to do so. Although a copy of it would not hurt. Even China and Russia does not require you to take your passport ashore. Why chance loosing it?

i always carry a day pack that contains:

passport/or copy---depending

key card

cash

cc

wipes/tiny roll of toilet paper---to many places we have been...2 squares aint doing it.

Puffs-tissues

hand sanitizer

baby powder if its a beach day--removes sand (usually in the tote with towels/extra clothes/water shoes/zip for wet things

little first aid-kit

sunscreen

hat if not on my head

camera

port and ship info

pre-pkg snacks

zip locks

ponchos-cheap ones you get at walmart

Ginger caps--specially if tender or boat rides

Water--most all of our ship excursions this has been included but always have extra

fold up packable tote--folds into a pouch on a key ring--so handy for souvenirs etc

i carry a Rick Steve's day pack so that is very light!

you really have to find what works for you less or more, what ever you feel comfortable and good about taking with you..EVERYONE has their own personal way of doing things.

i myself have always been happy that i have had EVERYTHING i NEEDED with me!

on NCL they offer you cool towels to fresh up with as you are getting back onboard...

Archived