Mariner Magazine is Beautiful......

sail7seas

We received the latest issue of Mariners Magazine a few days ago and really enjoyed this issue.

The food photography is gorgeous..... makes me want to cruise just to see the food plated so beautifully let alone eat the delicious food. :)

I think this Magazine keeps evolving and is more and more enjoyable each issue.

Thanks, Gerald Bernhoft and Mariners Society. :)

Got our copy this past weekend. Seemed only fitting that we read it sitting on our patio.....reminded us of our veranda on the Maasdam. Great issue and I agree they're doing a better job with it. Very nice. :)

Well, the magazine is now something to look forward to getting in the mail instead of bills! Like the other Canadians, we have to wait a bit longer - but the wait sure is worth it!!

I also received the magazine over the weekend. The photography is beautiful and the magazine itself is very well done. It looks more like an upscale travel publication than a cruiseline magazine.

We haven't cruised withe HAL yet, but will be sailing on the Noordam June 20. How do we get Mariners magazine?

Once you complete a HAL cruise you become a Mariner. It is then that you will have the magazine sent to you.

You may get either a print or electronic version. You could check the HAL website to see if you can access the electronic version now.

We too got our magazine yesterday and something I noticed when reading what you receive for the different Star Mariner ranks was under the 2 Star it is a complimentary photo of your ship :confused: OK that confused me.... Just where do you get that. I am guessing that is all categories 2 star and above.

We never received a complimentary photo of the Nieuw Amsterdam or are they talking about the post cars that are sometimes found in you cabin?

We too got our magazine yesterday and something I noticed when reading what you receive for the different Star Mariner ranks was under the 2 Star it is a complimentary photo of your ship :confused: OK that confused me.... Just where do you get that. I am guessing that is all categories 2 star and above.

We never received a complimentary photo of the Nieuw Amsterdam or are they talking about the post cars that are sometimes found in you cabin?

Lisa - They are not talking about the post cards in your room. The free photo is for everyone 2* and up. It is not delivered to your room though (I found out the hard way).

Just go to the photo desk and ask them for your free picture of the ship. They can of course tell from your key card and they will gladly give you one:D

Exactly.

The ship photos are usually delivered to our cabin but a few times we have not received them so went by photo shop and asked. They happily provided them in the customary photo folder.

The Post Office is usually pretty good about forwarding.

I had to change a relative's address and all their mail caught up with them.

Thanks Sail. Yes, we've been getting things forwarded since we moved in OCT, but that's about to end. I did get a Mariner's mailing a few weeks ago so perhaps it's just coming a bit late.

Exactly.

The ship photos are usually delivered to our cabin but a few times we have not received them so went by photo shop and asked. They happily provided them in the customary photo folder.

Unfortunately we did not get one on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Oh I so wished I would have known when we were on the NA, I would have loved to have a ship photo of her :o Well I will definitely have to check into this on the Westerdam.

Lisa,

We are booked b-to-b for Nieuw Amsterdam for November and will be happy to forward you one of our photos of the ship.

Please send me a reminder (I'll make a note to myself and put it with our cruise papers), and I'll happily get a photo for you.

Lisa,

We are booked b-to-b for Nieuw Amsterdam for November and will be happy to forward you one of our photos of the ship.

Please send me a reminder (I'll make a note to myself and put it with our cruise papers), and I'll happily get a photo for you.

Oh Thank You Sail, yes I would definitely like that :) I will have to try to remember before we leave for the Oosterdam in October because we will be gone two weeks as well and not back till Nov 5th.

Kazu, I think that us Canucks tend to receive our copies last! :(

got mine yesterday and Windsor is usually last with everything so the rest of you Canadians should be getting yours soon. :)

got mine yesterday and Windsor is usually last with everything so the rest of you Canadians should be getting yours soon. :)

Nope, looks like Atlantic Canada is always last. Got ours at long last. Showed dh a picture that brought back memories - his reply - you like to be served don't you (he means dinner). My reply - well, yes (as I am serving dinner) it's nice for a change.;):D:)

Beautiful magazine - dh did not realize about stateroom direct (even though I have told him). He is very impressed :)

Archived