Corfu Bus/Taxi

taxmantoo

Will be in Corfu for one day and simply wish to stay in Corfu Town and enjoy local visit. Would like to go to Achilleion for a short visit which I understand is only 9 km away.

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be or is the bus just simpler?

I looked into taxis last yr for our trip. Can't remember the site, but if you google Corfu taxis you'll find at least one company that includes a price list on their web site. And one of them had an excursion.

Corfu was the one town I couldn't get a handle on and I feel like I shortchanged our visit by just staying in town and visiting the fortress.

If you don't find the taxi web site, go to the corfu forum on tripadvisor and ask a local.

I, too, visited Corfu 3 years ago and wished I had visited more of the island. Corfu town is beautiful, but if I go back, I'd like to see other parts of the island. I had trouble locating the bus station and encountered a language barrier when asking the locals (even though I read Greek:eek:). Could someone who has been there before give me directions how to reach the station (the one with buses that go around the island)?

THANKS!

I, too, visited Corfu 3 years ago and wished I had visited more of the island. Corfu town is beautiful, but if I go back, I'd like to see other parts of the island. I had trouble locating the bus station and encountered a language barrier when asking the locals (even though I read Greek:eek:). Could someone who has been there before give me directions how to reach the station (the one with buses that go around the island)?

THANKS!

THANKS!

Try the Corfu forum on tripadvisor.com

• 2 weeks later...
Will be in Corfu for one day and simply wish to stay in Corfu Town and enjoy local visit. Would like to go to Achilleion for a short visit which I understand is only 9 km away.

Does anyone know how much a taxi would be or is the bus just simpler?

I can't remember the precise price but it really was not every expensive. I would just take the cab.

Keith

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Thought I would give an update from my past post for those who are making the same journey to Paleokatsrista. Like I previously said, several years ago, I took a map and was utterly lost! Where I erred in the past was taking a bus into town. Walking was the better option for me, and I spoke with other cruisers who took a bus all the way into Corfu Town, only to walk back to the Green Bus Station. They wished they had just walked from the port.

From the cruise port gate, take a left onto the main road. Crossing the street now will probably help, as you'll be making a right turn later. (I think the journey took us about 20 minutes, but I took a right turn earlier than I needed to....the most direct way would have saved time). Stay on the main street until you come to a circular stone structure in the road with directional signs attached. When I was there, I passed a Hotel and a Pizza Hut just shortly before I came to it. (note: before you see this you will come to a fairly busy intersection and you'll wonder if this is where you turn.....some go this way, but you have to criss-cross up and then left to get to the station....so just keep walking along the main street). On this circular structure (looks like a mini-roundabout) was a sign that clearly read, "To the Green Buses" with a right-hand arrow pointing to the street.

Turn on the street and the terminal is just ahead on the left side.

The kiosk has the schedules. There were more departures than I had found online and we made it to Paleo with no problems! Tickets were purchased on board, one way only. The man in charge of the tickets was kind enough to ask the driver to drop us off across from the port, so that was nice.

Hope that helps!

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Thought I would give an update from my past post for those who are making the same journey to Paleokatsrista. Like I previously said, several years ago, I took a map and was utterly lost! Where I erred in the past was taking a bus into town. Walking was the better option for me, and I spoke with other cruisers who took a bus all the way into Corfu Town, only to walk back to the Green Bus Station. They wished they had just walked from the port.

From the cruise port gate, take a left onto the main road. Crossing the street now will probably help, as you'll be making a right turn later. (I think the journey took us about 20 minutes, but I took a right turn earlier than I needed to....the most direct way would have saved time). Stay on the main street until you come to a circular stone structure in the road with directional signs attached. When I was there, I passed a Hotel and a Pizza Hut just shortly before I came to it. (note: before you see this you will come to a fairly busy intersection and you'll wonder if this is where you turn.....some go this way, but you have to criss-cross up and then left to get to the station....so just keep walking along the main street). On this circular structure (looks like a mini-roundabout) was a sign that clearly read, "To the Green Buses" with a right-hand arrow pointing to the street.

Turn on the street and the terminal is just ahead on the left side.

The kiosk has the schedules. There were more departures than I had found online and we made it to Paleo with no problems! Tickets were purchased on board, one way only. The man in charge of the tickets was kind enough to ask the driver to drop us off across from the port, so that was nice.

Hope that helps!

Did you take the bus for the return trip? I am looking online and it does not seem that the times for the returns will allow me enough time over there to be worthwhile. Also, did you see taxis at Paleo that could be used for a return trip? I just don't want to get stuck over there.

Archived