Help for water retention

carolinacutie

Can anyone give advice on how to deal with swollen feet on a cruise? I tend to hold fluid in my feet anytime I travel or stay on my feet a certain length of time. I do take a blood pressure pill with a diuretic in it and also take a prescription fluid pill. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I leave on my first cruise Friday :D

Can anyone give advice on how to deal with swollen feet on a cruise? I tend to hold fluid in my feet anytime I travel or stay on my feet a certain length of time. I do take a blood pressure pill with a diuretic in it and also take a prescription fluid pill. Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I leave on my first cruise Friday :D

BrIng your own sodium free bottled water. I bring a case every time. Keep your feet elevated whenever you can and sleep with your feet elevated.

Helps me! Have a great time~

Never had a problem with swelling....perhaps you're doing more (or less) than you do at home in your normal, everyday life.

Of course, being at sea is quite humid...and your body can retain more fluids when there's little evaporation.

It's not the water....the water is a pure as pure can be.

Treatment is going to be pretty much the same as what you are probably doing already. As mentioned, elevating your feet above heart level is the best prevention. Avoid salt, standing or sitting for long periods, stay hydrated, and exercise or walk intermittently. While you are on the ship, there are always opportunities to rest your legs. The bikes and treadmills in the fitness center are helpful for exercise. Choose shore excursions which don't require long periods of sitting or standing.

Above all, relax and have fun!:)

BrIng your own sodium free bottled water. I bring a case every time. Keep your feet elevated whenever you can and sleep with your feet elevated.

Helps me! Have a great time~

Where can I get the sodium free water?

You could also advise the cruise line that you would like to have low sodium meals. They will do that for you.

I would also speak with your physicians office to see what other recommendations they have for you.

Keith

Where can I get the sodium free water?

I really don't think sodium free water has anything to do with it so save your money. There is info on the fashion & beauty thread about swollen feet. Do a search there.

Don't know if you will get to read this in time. If driving, get out of the car every hour and half, and walk, WALK around. Drink plenty of water. And get plenty of rest. It seems so simple, I know that we can't eat salt, that booze is also a nono, and that we need to stay clear of fats, (high blood pressure too) but the 3 simplest of things, exercize, drink water, and get plenty of rest seem so hard to do. Cruise happy. My hands swell before my feet, and I can notice that happening before it's too late, and then I open that bottle of water in the cabin and drink away! have fun!

Archived