How much water?

How much water can you bring aboard and can I bring it in a cooler. I havent been on RCCL in awhile and am heading on MOS friday for a weekend and and wanted to bring aboard like 12 bottles of water in a cooler.

Thansk

RCL has nothing in their FAQs that permit you to carry on ANY drinks .. but if you bring a small amount they wouldnt say anything.

Its not like Carnival who says you can carry on 12 nonalchoholic drinks ..

I certainly wouldnt carry it on in a cooler. Myself .. id put it in a suitcase where it wasnt so obvious.

How much water can you bring aboard and can I bring it in a cooler. I havent been on RCCL in awhile and am heading on MOS friday for a weekend and and wanted to bring aboard like 12 bottles of water in a cooler.

Thansk

The water on the ship is fine to drink.

Absolutely no need to lug your own water.

We have brought aboard a 24 pack of water on most of our cruises. We just place a luggage tag across the top of the case and reinforce it with clear packing tape. Most times we've given it right to the porter and then it is delivered to our stateroom with our luggage. When we left out of Tampa on the Radiance in March, the porter wouldn't accept it and said we had to hand carry it aboard....no problem.

I would not pack it in your luggage because our luggage was confiscated and taken to security where we had to pick it up there. They had concerns about some liquids that they saw inside through xray....turns out it was our sunscreen and shampoo!

Take 1-2 bottles per person and fill them up on the ship. The water is very good and no need to bring a ton of water. We filled our bottles in our stateroom every night before bed and stuck them in the fridge. All nice and cold for the next day.

I don't understand why everytime someone asks this question they are always told not to bring it on and to drink the water on board. Obviously it is their preference to drink the bottled water much the same as others have a preference to a type of soda, beer, or any other food or drink or they would not have asked the question. I recently sailed the Enchantment and as a previous poster recommended placed a luggage tag on a case of 24 bottles and reinforced it with packing tape. The water showed up with the luggage in the stateroom. I also saw many other cases in the hallway with luggage. Our room did not have a refridgerator so we took along a soft sided cooler bag and simply asked the cabin steward to keep it filled with ice. We just kept bottles in there and were always cold and available.

I'm pretty sure that in the majority of the cases where advice is given to not bother to haul water onboard it is offered in a sense of trying to be helpful. While many people will not drink tap water while traveling or places like on airplanes that may use water loaded from who knows where but the cruise ships are very different. The advice given for using ship water is for those who might not otherwise know it is an exception to the normal situitions. Between the flash evaporation distillers and the reverse osmosis desalination and then the trace minerals added back in for taste the ship water is produced exactly the same way as most bottled water. Exception being water labeled as "spring water" and denoting a source and even this is often secondarily processed (ozone or ultraviolet sterilization). Bottled water from the tap - one more cruise amenity!

Many people don't know this big difference with cruise ship water from other water so the advice is provided to give the OP the choice of whether to lug a case of water around. To some it is still worth it so they are free (subject to cruiseline policy & enforcement or not) to do so. But without the info about the quality of ship water they would not have the facts to make an informed choice for theirself.

I don't understand why everytime someone asks this question they are always told not to bring it on and to drink the water on board. Obviously it is their preference to drink the bottled water much the same as others have a preference to a type of soda, beer, or any other food or drink or they would not have asked the question.

Maybe they do not know that the water on the ship is fine to drink and just as good as any bottled water that they wish to lug aboard.

If someone wants to lug a box of rocks on board, go for it. I just find it incredibly ridiculous.

But, the Water People will be Water People.

Maybe they do not know that the water on the ship is fine to drink and just as good as any bottled water that they wish to lug aboard.

If someone wants to lug a box of rocks on board, go for it. I just find it incredibly ridiculous.

But, the Water People will be Water People.

:rolleyes:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Shak

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

Shak

Policy that is not enforced when it comes to H2O ohh sorry < ( I was refering to water )

We have used a softsided roll on cooler many times. Only once did we not roll it on. A Mariner cruise was handing out flyers at the gate to the port advising not to do it. The rest of the times there have been no problems.

Between the flash evaporation distillers and the reverse osmosis desalination and then the trace minerals added back in for taste the ship water is produced exactly the same way as most bottled water. Exception being water labeled as "spring water" and denoting a source and even this is often secondarily processed (ozone or ultraviolet sterilization). Bottled water from the tap - one more cruise amenity!

This reply is rather interesting. I, too, would like to bring aboard water for consumption for the following reason: I rarely use salt at home but when when I go on cruises I get a lot of swelling. I believe this because of the increased sodium consumption from the food but have also been suspicious of how well the desalination process works. (At home I drink tap water but it originates in a local spring.) I brought a case of water on board my last cruise (Princess - it was allowed) and maybe it was a coincidence but I didn't not get as much swelling as I normally do on cruises. Is there a way to find out how effective the water processing is?

Sue

First and only time I "lugged" a case of water on board, I wound up "lugging" 20 of them back off after the cruise.

NEVER AGAIN!

I didnt believe it at first and I know its said here many many times but the ships water truly is just fine to drink and probably a whole lot better quality than 99% of the "purified" bottled water out there.

Im not in the cabin much at all and I found it to be much easier to get water from one of the many sources on board than rolling back to the cabin to get a bottle every time I wanted a drink. YMMV.

If you feel its worth all the trouble then have at it. Chances are it will make it on board. If not, you are out 4.00 at the most :)

This reply is rather interesting. I, too, would like to bring aboard water for consumption for the following reason: I rarely use salt at home but when when I go on cruises I get a lot of swelling. I believe this because of the increased sodium consumption from the food but have also been suspicious of how well the desalination process works. (At home I drink tap water but it originates in a local spring.) I brought a case of water on board my last cruise (Princess - it was allowed) and maybe it was a coincidence but I didn't not get as much swelling as I normally do on cruises. Is there a way to find out how effective the water processing is?

Sue

I have also heard that the ship's water may have a higher amount of sodium. Being very prone to swollen ankles when I have too much salt combined with warm weather, I too am interested in this question. Thanks!

My thought is what happens to all those empty plastic bottles----with every square mile of ocean containing 46,000 pieces of plastic trash :eek:I will bring my own bottle to refill and bring water pills if I retain tooo much of H20 from extra sodium. Just saying!!!:rolleyes:

First and only time I "lugged" a case of water on board, I wound up "lugging" 20 of them back off after the cruise.

NEVER AGAIN!

I didnt believe it at first and I know its said here many many times but the ships water truly is just fine to drink and probably a whole lot better quality than 99% of the "purified" bottled water out there.

Im not in the cabin much at all and I found it to be much easier to get water from one of the many sources on board than rolling back to the cabin to get a bottle every time I wanted a drink. YMMV.

If you feel its worth all the trouble then have at it. Chances are it will make it on board. If not, you are out 4.00 at the most :)

At $4.00 bucks a case I would not be worried if it made it on, in the first place, or about leaving any leftovers behind.:p:p

Not necessarily, depends on some health issues with stomach. I fit that statement and found out on a long 28 day B to B. After about 10 days I developed a nasty stomach, I blamed it on too much wine, etc. At the end of the cruise we were in Rio for 5 days, no one in Rio drinks tap water, only bottled water. I drank only the bottles stuff and despite wine and wild eats, my stomach cleared up. I can only attribute it to then ships water because our tour guide explained the water situation in Rio and what happens if you drink it and it fit my symptoms.

PLEASE, in no way do i want to say the ships water is unsafe to drink. On short cruises I would probably drink then ships water.

At $4.00 bucks a case I would not be worried if it made it on, in the first place, or about leaving any leftovers behind.:p:p

I dont believe in waste no matter the cost and the room attendant didnt want them :) He thought the ships water was just fine as well and had limited storage to put stuff.

I actually didnt have to carry them off the ship. I put them in my suitcase the night before.

I guess what I was trying to get at was, for me personally, bringing bottled water on board isnt worth the hassle. :)

On other RCCL cruises we have taken a gallon of drinking water -- my wife prefers it. On my last Voyager OTS (March 27, 2011), it was confiscated right after we went through security. It was returned the last night on the ship. So for some reason, at least on that sailing, RCCL was cracking down -- no external drinks at all. I saw lots of bottled water and soft drinks on the "naught table". I wonder if I will be able to take a gallon with me this Sunday on the Carnival Conquest? I think so -- Carnival even allows a bottle of wine, I think.

Archived