Venice Cruise Port

AF-1

If you're trying to get from St. Marco to Pz Roma to depart on a cruise, a water taxi is the most direct and fastest way. But they are expensive. Take the #2 vaporetto and it's about 5 euro and 20 minutes, or so. Then walk to the people mover. Cheapest, but a bit more hassle.

mrtrumpet, so if I stay in a hotel by St. Marks, I should hope on a Vaperreto taxi, to piazza roma, and the hop on the people mover? Are there signs for the people mover? Last time I stayed at Rialto Hotel in Venice, I took a water taxi. I booked thru my travel agent back home; so it was already paid for. Airport-hotel-cruise port. The water taxi dropped us off right by Splendour of the Seas. There was a royal caribbean rep that met us at pier, took our bags, and we went thru check in.

mrtrumpet, so if I stay in a hotel by St. Marks, I should hope on a Vaperreto taxi, to piazza roma, and the hop on the people mover? Are there signs for the people mover? Last time I stayed at Rialto Hotel in Venice, I took a water taxi. I booked thru my travel agent back home; so it was already paid for. Airport-hotel-cruise port. The water taxi dropped us off right by Splendour of the Seas. There was a royal caribbean rep that met us at pier, took our bags, and we went thru check in.

If you stay in St Marks the Alilaguna would be the easiest option. The blue line goes from St Marks to the Pier. 7E

It's similar to a shared water taxi. For more info and photos look in the europeforvisitors site which was provided for you in an earlier message.

http://www.alilaguna.it/lineablu-eng.html

You can certainly take a private water taxi from your hotel (or closeby)to the pier. Most people are looking for a less expensive option.

Does the pass have to be stamped each time you use it? Or once at inception?

You have to swipe the pass over a machine that reads it before you get on each vaporetto. The machines are at the vaporetto stops.

You have to swipe the pass over a machine that reads it before you get on each vaporetto. The machines are at the vaporetto stops.

Unless you like to live dangerously, as DW and I did very late one night when we barely made it on to a vaporetto without buying the tickets. We sweated for a bit but made it to Pzzle Roma without being chalenged

Archived