Venice Cruise Port

AF-1

Hi, does anyone here have a website for the venice ports? This shows where the ships dock, and there is also info on ground transportation and hotels near the port. thank you.

Thanks so much for the links. I am going to try and walk from the cruise port this time and see how it is. I hear the new "people mover" is nice.

I am curious to see that in action as it was not there on our last visit to Venice.

Kirk

Does it replace the shuttle buses?

Kirk

Some cruise lines are still running their bus between the Piazzale Roma and the pier. You would need to call and find out.

There have only been a couple of comments about the People Mover and they were positive. But I think people who are nervous about using it are taking a taxi to the pier.

so there is a people mover at the dock?

As euro cruiser said, it's "near".

You have to walk across the Piazzale Roma towards the parking garages to get to the entrance of the People mover ( it's like a monorail but only a 2 minute ride). There is an elevator to take you to the pier level.

Eurocruiser also posted a map of the terminal for you. Enlarge it to 150% and you'll be able to read it! :) http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

The People Mover is the green line that goes from the Piazzale Roma to Tronchetto. The pier stop is almost in the middle.

And this link provides more info about it, plus instructions and a video.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-people-mover.htm

The nice thing is there is a great pedestrian bridge that doesn't show up on the map yet. We were there on a land trip and decided to walk over to the Piazzale Roma. But... I wish we would have walked further so I could have seen where we go from there. Oh well... I am hoping there are enough of us walking where we can just follow the herd :)

Which bridge are you referring to? Perhaps it's on this map.

We took the shuttle last June and saw MANY people walking with the luggage down to the pier.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Venice,+Italy&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=40.677559,78.662109&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Venice,+Veneto,+Italy&ll=45.439306,12.311441&spn=0.003801,0.004801&t=h&z=18

Can I get Vaporetto's ticket at the port when I book it online? Do you know where? I can't find it on WWW

When you book on line you can exchange your voucher for a ticket at the airport, the vaporetto stop at Piazzale Roma or the train station.

I do not think it is the information I asked for. And it is not even funny......

Must be past his bedtime......

Venice is a great place and it's easy to get around. Study the maps. The Vaporetti stops are clearly marked. I just ask for directions as most speak some English. If you buy the tickets on line, you save 5€ and you can turn the voucher in right at the airport.

Have a great trip!!!

Just came from there and the people mover is called exactly that. It is like a metro but above ground. It costs 1Euro but doesn't take you very far, only Piazzale Roma to cruise port.

Vapporetto tickets were easy. We could buy at one way, a 12-hour or a 24-hour pass right at most stations on the route.

Save your walking for the great little streets around and behind St. Mark's.

Can I get Vaporetto's ticket at the port when I book it online? Do you know where? I can't find it on WWW

You can exchange the voucher for a pass at the first vaporetto stop that you use. No need to try and exchange at the airport or anywhere except a vaporetto stop. I don't think the man from Swindon was funny either but the Brits are well known for their offbeat sense of humour.

Archived