Copenhagen Marriott Priceline / Need hotel advice

Infi

After reading many positive reviews on here and TripAdvisor, I was thinking that the Marriott Copenhagen would be the best place to stay prior to our cruise in July. I have been trying in vain to bid for the Marriott Copenhagen on Priceline for about two weeks now. I increase my bid every day, and am at about $170/night now. At this point it seems kind of silly to be bidding so close to the rack room rate, so I need advice. I've done quite a few searches on here and have seen many people have gotten this hotel for as little as $90 or $100. I called the hotel and there is availability, so it's not that. I also frequently check betterbidding and biddingfortravel, but there's very little recent information on these sites about successful Copenhagen bids.

Has anyone here had success with getting this hotel on Priceline lately, or have any suggestion of what to do?

Or, does anyone have any recommendations for a good hotel in the downtown area? We'd like to be as close as possible to Tivoli and the Stroget, would prefer if the hotel had a buffet breakfast, and would like a room with two beds for two people. Trying to watch the budget, as we'll be staying for 7 nights prior to the cruise and that many nights adds up quickly.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

After reading many positive reviews on here and TripAdvisor, I was thinking that the Marriott Copenhagen would be the best place to stay prior to our cruise in July. I have been trying in vain to bid for the Marriott Copenhagen on Priceline for about two weeks now. I increase my bid every day, and am at about $170/night now. At this point it seems kind of silly to be bidding so close to the rack room rate, so I need advice. I've done quite a few searches on here and have seen many people have gotten this hotel for as little as $90 or $100. I called the hotel and there is availability, so it's not that. I also frequently check betterbidding and biddingfortravel, but there's very little recent information on these sites about successful Copenhagen bids.

Has anyone here had success with getting this hotel on Priceline lately, or have any suggestion of what to do?

Or, does anyone have any recommendations for a good hotel in the downtown area? We'd like to be as close as possible to Tivoli and the Stroget, would prefer if the hotel had a buffet breakfast, and would like a room with two beds for two people. Trying to watch the budget, as we'll be staying for 7 nights prior to the cruise and that many nights adds up quickly.

Infi,

Just because the hotel has availability doesn't mean that it has given its inventory to Priceline. I would book a cancelable reservation at the Marriott and then continue to try to secure a room with Priceline. You might also try splitting up your dates, i.e. try for three or four nights.

I see some got the hotel for $90 -$95 go back to bidding lower than $100 as already stated try breaking it down to 3 nights & 4 nights sometime you can add night after your bid is accepted

try the Clarion Mayfair. They include breakfast & dinner and snack during the day as well as 24 hr coffee/tea. Also free internet. Marriott does not have these perks...everything is at an additional cost. Mayfair is walking distance to Tivoli, etc.

I was just there and it is a great hotel...friendly staff, clean, good location, etc.

• 1 month later...
try the Clarion Mayfair. They include breakfast & dinner and snack during the day as well as 24 hr coffee/tea. Also free internet. Marriott does not have these perks...everything is at an additional cost. Mayfair is walking distance to Tivoli, etc.

I was just there and it is a great hotel...friendly staff, clean, good location, etc.

Suzie, I understand there is a lot of construction in city center, is the Mayfair near any of the construction? How much did it cost to get a cab from the Mayfair to the Port or did you take the Metro/Bus?. We are on a transatlantic trip starting from Copenhagen and I am not 100% sure which pier it will leave from, I think it will be Freeport but I am not 100% sure. The Mayfair seems like a great hotel.

Mike

Suzie, I understand there is a lot of construction in city center, is the Mayfair near any of the construction? How much did it cost to get a cab from the Mayfair to the Port or did you take the Metro/Bus?. We are on a transatlantic trip starting from Copenhagen and I am not 100% sure which pier it will leave from, I think it will be Freeport but I am not 100% sure. The Mayfair seems like a great hotel.

Mike

We just got back and stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal. The Mayfair is a little further out, and it cost us $26.00 one way to the port. The construction is not really a problem for the Mayfair, it is mainly next to Tivoli going toward the stroget.

and NOT available,,last mo,,,so got the Square,,which I DO NOT recommend due to above posters ref.to construction,,,it was loud and caused traffic delays,,really all of hotels near city hall should be avoided till its over...sadly, would have been great location...got the Stay hotel on day we got back,,very large and right on canal,,not in city center but short taxi ride away..found it for $280 on an internet booking site..breakfast buffet $10...;)

We also didn't have any luck with Priceline for our stay in Copenhagen last May. There was a large convention in town and most of the hotels were fully booked.

We stayed at the Mayfair and were happy with our selection. Standard room (faced the courtyard) was small, but quiet. The Mayfair hotel is located on a sidestreet, but close to the main streets and only a 2 block walk to the Central train station. Having breakfast and a light dinner included in the price was a bonus in this very expensive city.

I notice since our stay last May, the room rates at the Mayfair have considerably increased for the peak summer season.

I second the recommendation. We stayed there in June. Wonderful,centrally located. Only about two blocks from Trivoli. Friendly staff. Great meals (the best pastry I've had). Can't go wrong.

This response may be a little late, but I just booked the Copenhagen Marriott in May on Priceline for $100/night. I don't know how far in advance you were trying to book or what month, but I think the summer is the biggest tourist time, so maybe that's why you couldn't get anything.

Patti

• 7 months later...

Archived