How do you handle your nice clothes? Such suits,etc

vizzle

Ok getting ready to pack. How do you handle your nice suits.

Can you just put a luggage tag on your suit bag?

How do I ensure they remain in decent shape?

Carry them on?

We always carry on my Husbands Suits. As for his dress shirts I try to pack them nicely but if they get wrinkled I just give them a quick iron on board. If you need to iron something do it before formal night. Otherwise you'll find a line out the door waiting to iron. My dresses typically hold up pretty well, but if not a quick iron as well. Plus I unpack as soon as we are allowed access to our cabin. Enjoy :)

Depends, if it is the folderover kind with clamps, you will prolly be better off checking it. But if it's one of those one suiter thin plastic thingys, then carry it on board. Just remember, you have to keep track of any and all carry ons.

I take |DH's suit to cleaners cpl weeks before we leave and jsut leave it in the cleaners bag. pop it on top on other clothes in suitcase, and it looks great! Some thing about those thin plastic bags that resists wrinnkles!

hope this helps,

baf

We use the plastic bags that come with your dry cleaning, its easy to put into the plastic in the suit case with little to no wrinkles at all, just hang them up when you get to your cabin. It has worked each time we have sailed. even for out cruise last week, came home with no wrinkles after the 2 elegant nights, we like to get dressed up

Carry them on?

used to carry a garment bag after getting the suit pressed or dry cleaned.

then, i got smart, and just have it pressed on board. i just pack it in my regular suitcase now.

Carry them on?

I usually take a suit carrier, one that attaches onto my luggage. If you are just bringing a blazer, fold and pack or consider wearing on the plane.

I have a great suitcase that is basically half garment bag, half regular suitcase. I rarely ever have the items in the garment side get wrinkled because it only folds in half, not 3 times like some of the smaller ones. I bought it specifically for trips where we need to carry dress clothes and casual clothes.

We have a very nice garment bag and place our dress clothes in there. DH can also use it for his shoes and other items. He is very particular about his dress clothes, so putting them in a suitcase is not an option.

We check the bag at the port as we do NOT like to carry 100 things around with us until we get into our cabin.:)

We use the plastic bags that come with your dry cleaning, its easy to put into the plastic in the suit case with little to no wrinkles at all, just hang them up when you get to your cabin. It has worked each time we have sailed. even for out cruise last week, came home with no wrinkles after the 2 elegant nights, we like to get dressed up

This is what we do. Have never had a wrinkle in our clothes, even when folded in the suitcase, as long as they are in the bags!

We used to try to pack them "gently", carry them on in a garment bag, iron them onboard etc.

All are a pain in the butt in my opinion. If your not on a tight budget just pack them like any other clothes and once you unpack on the FIRST night send them to be pressed. Its like 20 bucks but soooo nice not to have to bother with them. Its money well spent.

Our suitcase has a top portion that doubles as a garment bag...easy to pack 2 suits and 2 dresses (yes, even gowns!) in there. Pack in dry-cleaning bags, hang as soon as you can, and no wrinkles. It's not hard to keep your clothes in decent shape at all!

Carry them on?

Fold them up, put them in the suitcase and have them pressed when I get on board.

We too use plastic bags from the cleaners, and we pack our better clothes in a wheeled fold-over garment bag. We pack carefully making certain that everything is flat and hanging well. We unpack when our luggage arrives, and the clothes are wrinkle free and look just as good as when we left.

Carry them on?

I have taken a suit bag but airlines charge now for a 2nd bag. So I now roll my jacket and put it in a bag at the top of my luggage. When I got on board I took it out and it was wrinkle free. Funny enough when I put it in the suit bag it was wrinkled and I had to get my room steward to get it pressed.

We pack my husband's suit in a larger suitcase or a suit bag if we're travelling light and hang it as soon as we get onboard and in the stateroom. We've never had a problem. I buy dresses for the cruise that are dressy and relatively wrinkle free. We've never had a problem. After you take a shower hang your clothes in the bathroom for a few minutes, wrinkles usually drop away.

Depends, if it is the folderover kind with clamps, you will prolly be better off checking it. But if it's one of those one suiter thin plastic thingys, then carry it on board. Just remember, you have to keep track of any and all carry ons.

I take |DH's suit to cleaners cpl weeks before we leave and jsut leave it in the cleaners bag. pop it on top on other clothes in suitcase, and it looks great! Some thing about those thin plastic bags that resists wrinnkles!

hope this helps,

baf

This is exactly what I do and it has never failed...

The key to packing and avoiding wrinkles is all about the amount of air you pack...;)

I fold everything carefully and as flat as possible...

Takes up less space and everything arrives wrinkle free...

Those large ziploc bags or space saver bags accomplish the same thing... Put your clothes is those bags, remove all the air...

Never a wrinkle have I had:)

Archived