Disembarkation time at end of cruise

chelseababy

We are arriving at Civitavecchia (Rome) at the end of our cruise at 7am and our flight home from Rome is not until 5.15 pm. What time do we have to leave the ship? What time is breakfast served on the final morning? We are booking a taxi from Rome to the hotel the night before we sail out but were wondering whether to use public transport when we go from the ship to the airport as we will have plenty of time to do it. How easy is it to get from port to airport and what is the approximate cost (for 4 people) compared with a pre booked taxi? Thanks.

Usually everyone is off by 10am at the latest. Breakfast will be served up to about 10am.

Taxi is the most expensive transit option. There are so many others. Yes, a train would work for you, as you have the time, and it is the cheapest option. You need to be able to lug baggage, tho.

Here is the Italy board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

There are so many options that you could check on in Rome. Personally, I would get a tour, like Rome-in-Limo that would drop me at the airport at the end of the tour.

The cost for the train is 9.5 euros /pp. To get to the station, you need to take the port shuttle to the port gate and than walk about 15 minutes to the station.

Kirk

The only reservations I have about the train is hauling my own luggage around. I can't speak directly to Italian trains or the train from the port to Rome but I lived and traveled extensively in Europe for four years. Even traveling in supposedly first class cabins I never checked bags and had to carry my own stuff on and off. I can't imagine humping our four bags and carry-ons on and off a train, especially since I'm twenty years older than when I did live in Germany. :)

Archived