Are non-alcoholic beverages available during the day for free?

We are looking at purchasing the soda package for our kids, but truthfully they choose things like lemonade over soda most of the time. I don't hink they have ever had 3 sodas in one day ever. So I have 2 questions, and I apologize for this if it has been asked an answered a million times, I couldn't find it.

What drinks are available with dinner/lunch that are included?

Are there any drinks available at other times during the day and evening and where would they be? I 'm thinking about when we are hanging by the pool or in the teen center, can they get a beverage or is it just pay as you go between meals?

We just ended a 7 day Baltic cruise on Vision. There was lemonade and iced tea available all day long. Juice in the mornings and fruit punch in the Sloarium area in the afternoons. I did very well with no soda!

At meals you can get lemonade, iced tea, sometimes punch or flavored water and milk (including chocolate milk). These are all available in the Windjammer whenever it is open (and it is near the pool). Don't know about the teen center as I've never been there but maybe someone else could answer.

I'm a big advocate of bringing empty sports bottles that you can fill up whenever the Windjammer is open with water or any of the other cold beverages (including juice at breakfast) and keeping them in your cabin fridge or on ice until you want them. You'll need to fill your bottles from glasses as it is unsanitary to fill them right from the spout. Anything you get from a bar is going to cost.

I don't know how many kids you have but maybe get one soda card and have them share it..

Oh, sure - teach them theft at a young age. Tacky, tacky, tacky. Soda cards are meant for one person - definitely NOT to be shared.

Bring those crystal light drink packets. Then you can make your own flavored drinks...

We bring our own case of water because we go through it like crazy and we want to have it on ice in our room when we want it. Never found a little fridge on a cruise ship that ever got cold enough for me.

Also bring your own soda on board... We bring a case of soda also. Just tape a luggage tag to it and check it in with your luggage at the curb..

Have a good time!

Oh, sure - teach them theft at a young age. Tacky, tacky, tacky. Soda cards are meant for one person - definitely NOT to be shared.

Get a grip and lighten up. I'm sure its not a jail term. A few glasses of soda is hardly going to dent rci's profit. Some people just can't stand someone getting something for nothing.

Sorry for the rant

Alex

Get a grip and lighten up. I'm sure its not a jail term. A few glasses of soda is hardly going to dent rci's profit. Some people just can't stand someone getting something for nothing.

Sorry for the rant

Alex

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA So true... LOL

Tea, water, lemonade are readily avail....I'd be surprised if they drink as much on a cruise as they might at home, anyway...just too much to do!

3 sodas a day is alot for one person.

Bring some aboard, or just buy a can when they want one and have them split it...one can is 2 glasses of soda.

Hopefully, the op will teach her children a lesson in honesty and not have her children share a card. We have never had a problem with getting something to drink on the ship and I like the idea of those crystal light packages and adding them to water.

I haven't sailed recently but from what I understand there are now flavored suger-free waters available. Not sure where they are but I know they have them in the Windjammer. My family members tell me that they tasted great and reminded them of the crystal light versions.

Your post makes me think what happens to your luggage after you check it in at the curb? I guess they don't scan it or anything to see what is in it. Do you put the drinks in your luggage, duffel bag or something else?

I know Carnival lets you bring soda on but I didn't know that RCL did. Are you sure you can bring it and check it? If so, that would be nice.

Technically, it's against Royal's rules to bring any beverages on board. However, they rarely choose to deny bringing soft drinks on board. Many people put a luggage tag on a case of soda and it gets delivered to the stateroom. Royal is much more active in stopping alcohol from being brought on board.

From what I've read here, Royal is more likely to deny soft drinks on cruises during the US spring break period.

Sorry for the rant

Alex

So it's OK to steal from a company just because it's profitable, hypothetically?

The rules are posted that it's one card per person. You can personally do whatever you wish, but attitudes like this are likely part of the reason why X has alcoholic beverage packages and RCCL doesn't.

As you can see it was not a problem bringing on water and soda. Just put a luggage tag on your items and check them in with your luggage.

406331881703_0_ALB.jpg?t=1306460022

Ours are all stacked up ready to go. We tip the baggage handlers nicely. If they don't make it.. (which ours always have..) what are you out? $7 bucks???

846998781703_0_ALB.jpg?t=1306460198

So it's OK to steal from a company just because it's profitable, hypothetically?

The rules are posted that it's one card per person. You can personally do whatever you wish, but attitudes like this are likely part of the reason why X has alcoholic beverage packages and RCCL doesn't.

Bringing your own soda & water is also considered stealing. You need to lecture them to.

I have to say I find it quite humorous that asking just about any question on this board ends up with people fighting over ethics. Really, I just wanted to know what options there were for drinks. so thank you for letting me know that there is tea and lemonade...I assume that means iced tea??

And, yes I would buy BOTH of my kids their own drink cards if they want them (but I wouldn't think twice about taking a sip...not using their card to go get a separate drink...if they were by me at the pool and I was thristy).

I'm intrigued by the idea of bringing on board a case of water just to have it handy, but where do you buy it? We have a driver picking us up at the airport, are there stores close by there?

And no I do not consider that "stealing" and I readily admit I have been known to take a water bottle into the movie theaters at home...gasp :)

Bringing your own soda & water is also considered stealing. You need to lecture them to.

Poor analogy at best. You have paid for your own soda and water. While it might be against the cruiseline's rules to bring it onboard and I am not advocating it, you are not taking anything that you have not paid for. Going into the gift shop and pocketing some pieces of costume jewelry because, hey, it's overpriced and nobody's looking - now that's stealing. Would you not consider it stealing (and tacky) to go into a buffet restaurant, pay for one meal, and have your partner bring you plates of food?

If you have a driver picking you up at the airport.. (not sure where you are flying into, sorry if I missed that).. then yes.. have your driver stop at a grocery store on the way to the port. Have a cruise luggage tag handy.. We used our sticky luggage tags for our cases and then just got more tags from the baggage handler for our regular suitcases.. we came up a bit short on the luggage tag supply.. so wanted to use the sticky ones for the cases of water and soda.

Not sure if RCCL still uses the sticky kind of luggage tags... so I also keep a small roll of tape in my purse in the event the tag needed to be taped to the case...

And yes.. it is quite humerous... The dead horse just keeps getting beat over and over... Have a great cruise!!!

Your post makes me think what happens to your luggage after you check it in at the curb? I guess they don't scan it or anything to see what is in it. Do you put the drinks in your luggage, duffel bag or something else?

Nah, checked through luggage never gets scanned, so pack your half gallons of whiskey and vodka in your checked luggage.

Also, if you carry a gun, want to have your iron, some fireworks, grenades, drugs, whatever, just pack them away in your checked luggage.:rolleyes:

Everything will get right through, no problem.

How is bringing your own supplies stealing? :confused::confused: Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

I can see his point...It may not be outright stealing, but they are losing revenue...it's like going to your auto mechanic with your own parts or going to a restaurant and bringing your own beverages.

Archived