Are Luggage Locks Allowed?

andersonrm

It states on the Carnival website to leave your luggage unlocked when you leave it with the curbside porters. We have used TSA approved locks when flying and on other cruise lines with no problem. Is this a hard and fast rule? I would assume that if there is any question about what's in my luggage, they would contact me. Not that I have anything of any real value in my bag, but I would prefer to lock it if I can. Thanks!

FYI only airlines can unlock TSA locks, so it wouldnt matter which kind you had. I had a cruise roomie who accidently locked the key inside her luggage of her TSA locks and she had to get someone to cut off the locks is how I found out.

You can have them, I doubt they would refuse them. Unless you are smuggling, then you stand a chance of being called to the naughty room to unlock your luggage and the embarrassment.

We always lock our luggage with TSA locks. Once we bought them, why not use them. They are just as good for the cruise as for the air travel. We have never had a lock cut off. Ours have the 4 digit combination.

I use plastic wire ties to seal the baggage. Then if they have been cut I know if someone has been in the luggage. I also mark the tie with ink color so I know they did not replace the tie.

paranoid i know but then again have never had a case opened.

I use plastic wire ties to seal the baggage. Then if they have been cut I know if someone has been in the luggage. I also mark the tie with ink color so I know they did not replace the tie.

paranoid i know but then again have never had a case opened.

I use the plastic zip ties also ... Always have.

It's bad enough that the TSA can paw through it all whenever they want, I can't stop them. But if Carnival wants to see what's in my luggage, I want to be standing there when they do.

Peg

It's bad enough that the TSA can paw through it all whenever they want, I can't stop them. But if Carnival wants to see what's in my luggage, I want to be standing there when they do.

Peg

Carnival screens luggage just as the TSA does. If you read your contract, they can inspect your luggage if they chose without you being present. It doesn't really matter whether you have locks on your luggage or not. I don't bother with locks, just zip ties so the zippers on the luggage don't open up from all the bouncing around.

Took the Dream earlier this month and for the 1st time I locked my big suitcase and just as I suspected, we were called to the naughty room. All we had to do was unlock the suitcase and they looked thru it and we were done.

I have had the locks on my luggage cut off twice, once on the Dream and once on the Fantasy. Both times it happened was on debarkation. Locks were on when i put the luggage outside our cabin door and gone when we retrieved the luggage in the terminal. Nothing was ever missing. I'm guessing i was just a victom of random screening by the police looking for something illegal being brought back from abroad. Now i just use the plastic zip ties.

Archived