Airline Blankets?

thepoint

You will probably want to have some sort of jacket for your trip. I take a fleece jacket that makes a good pillow or blanket.

I was told this years ago on CC and it was one of those great hints. One less thing to have to stuff in the suitcase. Purchase a jacket of a weight that works for this trip.

• 2 years later...
We are flying from NY to Luxembourg and wondered if airlines still give out blankets and pillows on overnight flights to Europe? We will be on American or a partner of American. We will not be in first class (unfortunately). Thank you for your help.

We flew American to London in March; blankets and pillows wrapped in plastic were provided. I invested in an inflatable seat cushion and travel footstool from Magellan that made the flight more comfortable. We also paid for the upgrade to the larger coach seats - THAT was money well spent!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is no way I would touch an airline blanket.

Buy a throw in Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, WalMart or wherever and bring your own. You can tuck it into outside pocket of a roll aboard.

So now I am grossed out. I thought if it was sealed in the plastic bag it was clean. I'm assuming that was a false assumption on my part?

I am sure I've been told they fold the blankets and put them in a plastic bag. There are hand held gadgets they use to seal the bag. Dirty blanket now looks like it has been cleaned. :eek:

So now I am grossed out. I thought if it was sealed in the plastic bag it was clean. I'm assuming that was a false assumption on my part?

Seriously

wonder why they would go through all the trouble to fold & seal dirty blankets in plastic bags :rolleyes:

Seriously

wonder why they would go through all the trouble to fold & seal dirty blankets in plastic bags :rolleyes:

Because it costs them less than laundering them :rolleyes:

The airlines get them back sealed in the plastic and presume they have been laundered.:eek: