Monarch post dry dock photos!

Wow, that looks like the same old outdoor carpeting that they had before :o on the pool deck! not what I was expecting at all!

thanks for the pics though!

It is actually brand new ugly green carpeting! Almost all the carpets have been replaced.

Wow, that looks like the same old outdoor carpeting that they had before :o on the pool deck! not what I was expecting at all!

thanks for the pics though!

Well something obviously changed....because I was told direct from corporate back last Aug that Monarch would be getting a new pool deck just like the one on Majesty when she went into dry-dock.

Well something obviously changed....because I was told direct from corporate back last Aug that Monarch would be getting a new pool deck just like the one on Majesty when she went into dry-dock.

Majesty has a lovely "teak" pool deck.

Monarch, according to cello's photos, just replaced old astroturf with new astroturf. :(

03501631.jpg

Sound of Music theater got new carpeting and lighting, but the show did not change according to a dancer I spoke with.

cf6c1cc1.jpg

ca155ecf.jpg

d8a1cf9d.jpg

There have been no changes to the dining venues. They still have Jade and Sorrento's.

There have been no changes to the dining venues. They still have Jade and Sorrento's.

Dammit. They need a Compass Deli.

Unfortunately, I fear that this lack of eatery changes and the cheapie carpeting are due to the plan to sell her sooner rather than later. :(

Majesty has a lovely "teak" pool deck.

Monarch, according to cello's photos, just replaced old astroturf with new astroturf. :(

Exactly:)...that what I meant...something changed in their plans obviously....they were supposed to get that same teak looking deck when they went to dry-dock....I remember specifically being told that and had a discussion about it.

Exactly:)...that what I meant...something changed in their plans obviously....they were supposed to get that same teak looking deck when they went to dry-dock....I remember specifically being told that and had a discussion about it.

Yeah, something changed alright... like getting a better offer from the South Koreans! :D:D:D:D

03501631.jpg

One thing that appears to be improved on the pool deck is the removal of the drainage ports that ran fore and aft from one end of the deck to the other. Also, the teak decking around the pools appears new or refurbished. Perhaps that's the teak that was going to be improved. Still looking pretty good for an "old" lady :D:D !!!!!

One thing that appears to be improved on the pool deck is the removal of the drainage ports that ran fore and aft from one end of the deck to the other. Also, the teak decking around the pools appears new or refurbished. Perhaps that's the teak that was going to be improved. Still looking pretty good for an "old" lady :D:D !!!!!

Yeah, but compare it to this:

_MG_4750.jpg

_MG_4732.jpg

Thats really disappointing about the pool deck. I absolutely HATE the astroturf, really enjoyed the new teak decking on the Majesty when we sailed on her. Any more news on whether or not shes being sold?

god I hope not, I just booked her for Jan 2013! :rolleyes: What will happen if she is sold?

T

god I hope not, I just booked her for Jan 2013! :rolleyes: What will happen if she is sold?

T

If she is sold, Royal Caribbean will almost positively replace her with a larger ship. If not, I would suspect they would let you transfer to another 3-4 night cruise with an OBC.

If she is sold, Royal Caribbean will almost positively replace her with a larger ship. If not, I would suspect they would let you transfer to another 3-4 night cruise with an OBC.

LOL I am thinking it will not be a huge onboard credit seeing as we have a inside cat Q!!! :rolleyes: LOL :D

T

Because of the rumors, RCCL published this on Facebook:

Royal Caribbean International

There have been inquiries, around rumors, asking if we are selling Majesty of the Seas and/or Monarch of Seas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is not selling these nor any of its brands' ships.

May 10 at 3:59pm ·

Please note that RCCL is the parent corporation of RCL, Celebrity, Azamur and Pullmantur.

Because of the rumors, RCCL published this on Facebook:

Royal Caribbean International

There have been inquiries, around rumors, asking if we are selling Majesty of the Seas and/or Monarch of Seas. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is not selling these nor any of its brands' ships.

May 10 at 3:59pm ·

Please note that RCCL is the parent corporation of RCL, Celebrity, Azamur and Pullmantur.

Notice they never said they werent "transferring" though.......I mean, seems like its only a matter of time before both of these ships go the way of their older sister one would think? :confused:

Plus I would think they would deny a sale right up until the ink is dried on paper and the check is written.

Archived