Can you enjoy another ship after going on Allure?

So I'm trying to get over my PCD, and looking to book another cruise. Our question is: after experiencing the biggest, newest ship on RC, what do we do now? Will we enjoy sailing on any other ships? Or will we be disappointed/bored?

What are the benefits of sailing on other classes of ships in RC?

After my last Oasis cruise, I sailed on Radiance and Celebrity Century. I still loved both of those cruises. I just had to remind myself to enjoy the moment and not keep thinking about Oasis. Plus, it did help that I had Allure booked already. ;)

So I'm trying to get over my PCD, and looking to book another cruise. Our question is: after experiencing the biggest, newest ship on RC, what do we do now? Will we enjoy sailing on any other ships? Or will we be disappointed/bored?

I love cruising and for me an Oasis class is a once a year experience. Cost is the reason as I sail quite a few times a year and could not afford the same time onboard if I stuck to the Oasis class. I just got off a Panama Canal trip to Lima, PE on a 1900 pax HAL ship you cannot do a trip like that the Oasis class.

i enjoy cruising, yes i like some ships more than others but i can enjoy any ship.

I have to totally agree with you. All ships are great, some are just greater than others. Our last 2 cruises were on the Allure but I am looking forward to a B2B on the Serenade with great excitement.

We have sailed on several other RCI ships in three different classes after we sailed on an Oasis class and thoroughly enjoyed each one for a variety of reasons. We try not to spend time comparing cruise experiences and try instead to enjoy each one as a unique experience. Our favorite class is the considerably smaller Radiance class and our favorite ship in that class is Jewel of the Seas. We enjoy those cruises because of the physical beauty of the ship, its wonderful staff, interesting itineraries, and the many long time friends we meet onboard. We have sailed on Freedom and Voyager class ships with our children and grandchildren and enjoy all of the features that those ships offer them and us. IMO there is no reason to be either bored or disappointed on any cruise ship, especially those in the RCI fleet.:)

Our first cruise after sailing on the Allure is this weekend. We have been on all of RCL's classes of ships many times, however nothing beats the Oasis and Allure in our opinion! Each ship has it's own character, however we love the WOW Factor on O&A!

Every class of ship has something to offer.

From the weekend get away of the smaller older Sovereign Class ships, to the luxurious feel of the Radiance Class, to style and activities of the Voyager and Freedom Class, to the variety and excitement of the Oasis Class.

We enjoy cruising and enjoy all the classes for what they each have to offer.

M

My first cruise was on the Liberty. She was a year old exactly (we celebrated her birthday aboard) and she was technically the newest ship in the fleet (Independence was launched a week after, I believe). When considering my next cruise, I was also concerned that a smaller ship would be an issue, but regardless I still booked the Enchantment about a year later. I honestly did not notice myself disappointed in any way (and I am in my twenties). A smaller ship is different but not a let down. I preferred less traffic around dining times (in the windjammer and MDR) and landing in port with the Enchantment, but I did miss some of the casual alternate eateries (Sorrentos, Johnny Rockets). I thought the shopping was better on the Liberty because of traffic flow (in the promenade). Ultimately, what I love most about being on a cruise is sitting on the deck and overlooking the ocean. I can do that on a small or a big ship!

It really depends on what you enjoy when you cruise.

I would make a list of pros/cons and requirements. Are there certain things you cannot live without and certain things you can. For example, if you MUST have Flowrider, then you know you only have a few ships to choose from. We went on Freedom and are planning to go on Navigator so it's considered "stepping down" by some but for us...it's still a cruise. Make your choice based on requirements, cost, areas to visit, needs and what you like.

That's what I would do :)

Enjoy the sun and relaxation....PCD is VERY VERY hard. It took me about 2 months to get over it. Now I'm obsessing about the new one. It's crazy how addicting it is. Good thing we have CC huh?!? LOL

This is a question I am asking myself, and to some extent answering myself ;). But after throwing in my opinion, I will enjoy reading that of others. Part of my enjoyment of Allure was the preparation and knowing what to expect and then making it happen. Once I choose my next cruise, which I hope to do by the end of the year, that research will help.

First of all, my wife and I both have stressful jobs and we make an effort to have a good time. That helps. I look for something new, even on old ships. I really looked forward to my first stop at Key West, even though it was on an old small ship (Majesty) after coming off Freedom and Navigator. My research helped me plan a great day in Keywest. You must try the Blackfin Bistro Burger :) But anyway, I'll research and find something to look forward to. I have yet to take a cruise that I've already done everything before. Perhaps that time will come.

IWe went on Freedom and are planning to go on Navigator so it's considered "stepping down" by some but for us...i

We did those two ships in that order about 11 months apart. We had a great time because, we went with my sister and her husband, the first time we had ever cruised with anyone we knew. (That worked out really well) My sister and her husband had sailed HAL on a cruise for their honeymoon 25 years ago, and I was anxious to show them RC. Plus there was a new port for me, Belieze. I also planned on buying them dinner at Chops, which made it seem more extravagant gesture than it really was. ;) I think my sister was to go on Oasis, we may join her, or we may pick another cruise, not sure yet, but I do love the question asked here.

Most definitely. We cruised on Oasis last November and are going on Sapphire Princess this year. While we loved Oasis, we like the slightly smaller ships just as much and you feel more like you are at sea.

Can't go wrong either way!

After being on the Oasis any other ship will seem different but not necessarily in a bad way. I just got off the Enchantment and did not miss the differences the Oasis had to offer. It is just a different experience. A smaller ship is more intimate in some ways. You tend to get to know the staff better and some of the other passengers. There is also more of a connection with the water. With that said i am looking forward to going on the Allure. The entertainment was great on the Enchantment but the larger ships have more options.

When the Oasis debuted we were not interested in being on such a huge ship. Eventually we decided to "do" the Allure just to be done with it. So, last December we sailed on the Monarch and followed it up with a week on the Allure. Although the Allure was fantastic we immediately booked another sailing (actually 2 weeks) on the Monarch because we like the smaller ships. BUT, our cruising future seemed like it was missing something so we booked a B2B on the Oasis (which made us feel better). While on the Oasis we booked several other ships including a B2B on the Allure. Although we are now hooked on the Allure (more so than the Oasis) we still look forward to sailing on the other class ships.

Yes, OP, one can go back to the smaller ships and enjoy them, but for us we need to know that we always have a future cruise booked on the Allure.

We did those two ships in that order about 11 months apart. We had a great time because, we went with my sister and her husband, the first time we had ever cruised with anyone we knew. (That worked out really well) My sister and her husband had sailed HAL on a cruise for their honeymoon 25 years ago, and I was anxious to show them RC. Plus there was a new port for me, Belieze. I also planned on buying them dinner at Chops, which made it seem more extravagant gesture than it really was. ;) I think my sister was to go on Oasis, we may join her, or we may pick another cruise, not sure yet, but I do love the question asked here.

It's funny you wrote that because I was going to ask you about your experience on both. My kids are worried that there won't be as much to do. We absolutely loved Freedom even though we didn't even take advantage of all she had to offer (Flowrider, rock wall etc). I personally just love the water and our balcony was the best treat ever. I could lay by the pool all day and be happy. The sunrise and sunsets are the best. Everything else comes second. So we'll see I suppose. I want to leave now...**insert tantrum here** :)

After my last Oasis cruise, I sailed on Radiance and Celebrity Century. I still loved both of those cruises. I just had to remind myself to enjoy the moment and not keep thinking about Oasis. Plus, it did help that I had Allure booked already. ;)

Paul, I see that you're on the Sky in a few days. I will be interested in your opinion of NCL after being away from them a few years. Enjoy the cruise.

It's funny you wrote that because I was going to ask you about your experience on both. My kids are worried that there won't be as much to do. We absolutely loved Freedom even though we didn't even take advantage of all she had to offer (Flowrider, rock wall etc). I personally just love the water and our balcony was the best treat ever. I could lay by the pool all day and be happy. The sunrise and sunsets are the best. Everything else comes second. So we'll see I suppose. I want to leave now...**insert tantrum here** :)

It might be easier for us since we are empty nesters. I do the flowrider, but I usually wait till the last sea day in case I hurt myself. We spend a lot of time in the solarium and I prefer the Freedom class to the Voyager class for the larger solarium.

I went on the Epic after the Oasis. Then I went on Allure. Yes each ship has it's good pts and bad. I cannot affort Suites on Allure but could on Epic.

I have also been on Freedom of the Seas Radiance, Voyager ec t. each has its own style.

We have been on smaller ships (different cruiselines too) and have enjoyed the smaller cruiseships for a more intimate cruise experience. We are doing a B2B on Oasis/Allure in October. We also have a cruise booked for Jan/12 on Serenade. As others have said, all cruises are great, just some are greater than others. You can make your cruise what you want it to be, whether on a small ship, or a large ship. They all float in the ocean, and take you to many different ports of call! :D :D

You can but you have to keep your expectations in check. We cruised on the Freedom last August after two cruises on the Oasis. While we had cruised on the Freedom a few years ago, it just wasn't the same and we missed the Oasis. The Oasis/Allure really spoil you with all of the entertainment and dining options on board. That is what we missed the most.

We loved Allure but are looking forward to 8 days on the Navigator. Our Allure cruise was probably our least relaxing one. Always felt like we needed to be doing something. Had all the shows pre booked and didn't want to miss anything. Also really missed the feeling of being more connected to the ocean on the Allure class. We spent so much time exploring inside we didn't see the ocean as much. Next cruise will be all about taking time to relax so we won't miss all the activites but it is fun to have them and all the extra food places were great!

Not sure about just sticking with RCI. But if you do, the other ships obviously can do much better itineraries because they are smaller. There is nothing like a Med cruise. We have a 7-day Eastern Caribbean booked on the Allure. I doubt it will touch our favorite cruise vacation of all time - 12-day Grand Med on the Ruby Princess. For what it's worth, we loved the Enchantment of the Seas too. But that is now limited to shorter itineraries.

Not sure about just sticking with RCI. But if you do, the other ships obviously can do much better itineraries because they are smaller. There is nothing like a Med cruise. We have a 7-day Eastern Caribbean booked on the Allure. I doubt it will touch our favorite cruise vacation of all time - 12-day Grand Med on the Ruby Princess. For what it's worth, we loved the Enchantment of the Seas too. But that is now limited to shorter itineraries.

The Enchantment is doing cruises between 5 and 9 nights out of Baltimore. The five nighters go to Bermuda.

Archived