All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Anyone ever encounter bed bugs on the ship? My cousin is sailing on the Explorer and is worrying about bed bugs. I personally never had issues with this.

Not on EOS, but I did have them on the Summit a few years ago . . . yuck!

Who here sailed on the Explorer during Hurricane Sandy? Read some articles and watched a couple youtube videos, like to hear your story. Did it affect your thoughts in any future sailings? Did you have a vehicle in the port's parking lot?

Edited by Seaworthy01

Am I thinking to far out of the circle Explorer to Asia via Cape Horn after Port Canaveral in January 2015?

That would be a fantastic trip! However, the Voyager and Mariner got to Asia via the Suez Canal, so I expect it would probably be the same for EX.

Haha! Thanks! Will be in this cabin in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Well, fancy meeting you here!

Did you see 1274 on cruise line rooms dot com? Looks pretty swank - jealous as I will be in a lowly D1 lol. I am, however expecting to come up for a cocktail :)

Well, fancy meeting you here!

Did you see 1274 on cruise line rooms dot com? Looks pretty swank - jealous as I will be in a lowly D1 lol. I am, however expecting to come up for a cocktail :)

Oh hello there! Aren't you the lucky recipient/participant of an over the water cabana on the suite beach??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

We just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite!!!! :p:p

Anyone have pics????

I couldn't find any from Explorer, but here is a website with cabin pictures from Navigator, which is the same class. It should be similar.

cruise line rooms (no spaces prefaced with www and ending in com, of course)

You will need to select Royal Caribbean, then Navigator, then look at cabin 9394.

Edited by Sassy19305

For recent cruisers - do they still offer "advanced" skate for those that bring their own skates? If so, are these typically on sea days only?

I just sailed on the 8/22 9-day. In my cruise compasses, I see one 'Advanced Skating' session - 9 am on day 4, which was a Sunday and a sea day. Plenty of other regular sessions at other times, of course, and don't miss the Ice Show!

Hi everyone! We are considering the 9 night on the Explorer out of Bayonne. I am wondering about the pool decks and the VIP seating with concierge. We would be going during August which I know is a busy time. Any experience with the pool decks or using the VIP seating area?

Hi everyone! We are considering the 9 night on the Explorer out of Bayonne. I am wondering about the pool decks and the VIP seating with concierge. We would be going during August which I know is a busy time. Any experience with the pool decks or using the VIP seating area?

We have done the 9 night a couple of times, both with and without VIP seating. Sometimes it can be a little difficult getting chairs near the pool and the gold card seating is a definite plus in that regard. But I would definitely not do concierge just for that perk because we always did manage to get chairs on port days. We just got off Explorer last week (8 night New England) and stayed in a GS but I still love the Junior for the layout and closet space. I am guessing we also both have a real fondness for Disney! Leaving in a few weeks for WDW. -- Joan

Have had the RFS several times and love it BUT the second bathroom is so dinky and the view is , well, weird. Now have connecting.GS..does anyone know how the connecting rooms work? Where are the doors and can we leave them open when we want? How about the balcony?..can we see the connecting suite?

Thanks!,

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi -

Wondering who is the cruise director on the Explorer? Sailing in her next year and although it can change, I was just wondering?

Also, what did you think of the condition of the ship?

Thanks

Marita

We sailed the 9 day on 8/22/13 - the cruise director was John Blair (as the list notes) and the Activities Director was his wife Katrina. I thought they were excellent - I don't know how people maintain that level of enthusiasm for that long a time!

They even both hosted a Sunday morning interfaith service that I really appreciated and thought was very well done.

Oh, and I thought the ship was in very good condition - no problems with our rooms or any of the public spaces I saw.

Edited by highway6161