All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

For My Time Dining on day one, anyone have thoughts on best time to book dinner reservation? I believe there's a celebration on the Promenade at 5:45. I am not sure how long that will be and don't want to miss it. I'm thinking later than 7 is better?

The parade will last no more that 15 minutes. Use that time frame in your planning. There is usually one welcome aboard show on the first night for both dinner seatings and it occurs after second seating so plan on that happening around 9:30 or 10 PM.

Edited by Ocean Boy

We've got two rooms on 8/22 - travelling with our teens - and we'll be going back and forth quite a bit. Can/will they program they a sea pass card to open both?

They will give you an extra key for the teen's stateroom.

We've got two rooms on 8/22 - travelling with our teens - and we'll be going back and forth quite a bit. Can/will they program they a sea pass card to open both?

We are also on that cruise. We will be celebrating my oldest's Sweet 16. Same set up- two rooms. One for us and the other for the three girls! Can't wait!!!

In a different thread, someone posted in July that the order of MDR menus for the 9-nighter is as follows:

Day 1 Mojo

Day 2 Saffron

Day 3 Pimiento

Day 4 Portabello

Day 5 Tarragon

Day 6 Shiitake

Day 7 Basil

Day 8 Jasmine

Day 9 Pomodoro

I know that things can change for no rhyme or reason, but has this generally been the order of menus?

For My Time Dining on day one, anyone have thoughts on best time to book dinner reservation? I believe there's a celebration on the Promenade at 5:45. I am not sure how long that will be and don't want to miss it. I'm thinking later than 7 is better?

The parade will last no more that 15 minutes. Use that time frame in your planning. There is usually one welcome aboard show on the first night for both dinner seatings and it occurs after second seating so plan on that happening around 9:30 or 10 PM.

On our July 20 cruise, we sailed at 4:00, the parade was at 5:45 and the welcome aboard show was 7:45-8:25. (We ended up missing the show because we had made our reservations for 7:30.) There was only the one show on sail-away night. (It wasn't a big deal - we caught it on TV the next day anyway.) There were two shows on the other nights.

Also make sure you don't miss sailing under the bridge! It was something like a half hour after we left port.

Sue

ATTENTION MEG R!!!!

if I'm not mistaken you're in the luggage biz. Any thoughts on the IT super light line (with the locking handles)? I'm talking about the ones in the REALLY bright colors....

You can email me if you prefer: smcadam66@yahoo.com

(We were on Explorer together in April, but you didn't come to our Sailaway party).

ATTENTION MEG R!!!!

if I'm not mistaken you're in the luggage biz. Any thoughts on the IT super light line (with the locking handles)? I'm talking about the ones in the REALLY bright colors....

You can email me if you prefer: smcadam66@yahoo.com

(We were on Explorer together in April, but you didn't come to our Sailaway party).

oh hi....i will shoot you an email later.....i will poke around and see.....we don't have that in our store, but there might be a piece laying around.....

Has anyone participated in the Murder Mystery Dinner recently? If so, do you remember the story line? :rolleyes: I am thinking of booking for November, but I don't want to see the same thing again......

Thanks for your help!

Sailing on the Explorer on 8/22 and it will be our first cruise with RCI. I've searched and read various postings on which toiletries are included in the staterooms. Although reports seem to vary, I gather that the answer is "not much." Is it safe to assume that there is hand soap on the vanity? It also appears that there is some type of shampoo dispenser on the wall of the shower. Can anyone confirm exactly what toiletries are supplied by RCI? If it matters, we are in a D1 balcony. Thanks!

Edited by pnutzlaw

Sailing on the Explorer on 8/22 and it will be our first cruise with RCI. I've searched and read various postings on which toiletries are included in the staterooms. Although reports seem to vary, I gather that the answer is "not much." Is it safe to assume that there is hand soap on the vanity? It also appears that there is some type of shampoo dispenser on the wall of the shower. Can anyone confirm exactly what toiletries are supplied by RCI? If it matters, we are in a D1 balcony. Thanks!

You will get a "standard" quality hand soap and the dispenser in the shower with be a generic hair/body wash. For most men its fine but for you ladies - you may want to pack your own. Only in the suites will you get better quality stuff. Of course - you can always ask your cabin steward and many times you will get what you need - especially if you show a little generosity...