- Oasis of the Seas is no longer the Most Popular Cruise Ships-

The bottom line is why does any of this matter? I don't pick a cruise line because it is the most popular. I pick it because I enjoy it. The same goes for the ship that I choose to sail on. I couldn't care less if everyone else hated the ships that I choose.

I never was much into popularity contests even back in my high school days. But I guess that some people never leave those days behind them.

OB........what also makes it interestiong, is that I got to find out that I'm not part of the "norm"!! :D

Rick

OB........what also makes it interestiong, is that I got to find out that I'm not part of the "norm"!! :D

Rick

Are you saying that the following factors are not the ones foremost among your criteria in choosing your next cruise: an inside cabin on the Caribbean Princess as long as it goes to Nassau? Looks like "popularity" might be over-rated. Surveys like these, have no real value except for the humor they usually provide. Besides, when has anyone ever said you were part of the "norm".:D

Bill

Ok as far as popularity goes I personally do sail in an inside cabin (allows me to take two cruises most years), Nassau no way, same goes for the Bahamas. However I have to admit my cruise on the Oasis (which was my 11th on RC) was my least favorite. Still had a great time but for me I think I prefer the Voyager or Freedom classes better. As others have stated who really cares, always been one not to follow the crowd.

Are you saying that the following factors are not the ones foremost among your criteria in choosing your next cruise: an inside cabin on the Caribbean Princess as long as it goes to Nassau? Looks like "popularity" might be over-rated. Surveys like these, have no real value except for the humor they usually provide. Besides, when has anyone ever said you were part of the "norm".:D

Bill

Norm!

norm.jpg

funny thing about his signature is that every time i see this statement:

"royal caribbean ceo richard fain stating that he’d rather rci sail with empty cabins than discount the prices."

i am glad i sail royal caribbean. I would rather my favorite cruise line maintain a steady price point with a standard passenger group in mind than drop prices down to fill the ship and bring in a different class of people (by class i'm not trying to insult, i simply mean college students and other people looking for a cheap party vacation).

amen!

Popularity by number of requests for quotes? Since Royal Caribbean and Celebrity prices are available online - I can see why there are more requests for quotes for other cruise lines.

But does that larger number of quote requests, even translate into a larger number of bookings? The report is apparently silent on this aspect. However, as is the case with most unscientific surveys of this type, the value of such information is minimal at best. How many anonymous people requested information on a particular line or ship wouldn't be among my top criteria when deciding what to book. More valuable might be how often each ship sails at capacity and how many passengers have chosen to sail on that ship.

Paul, tell me you are kidding.:D Do you really expect a post from the OP to have a point?:D

You know Bill, I guess I just hoped this would be the one time the sun shined on this dog's butt. ;)

Hey Rick...You're an entrepreneur. I would be one of your first investors if you wanted to create a Troll to Relevance dictionary. ;)

The following comprises a sampling of trends for May 2011

Reports are compiled based on actual consumer quote requests on ********, the highly acclaimed website where travel agents compete to offer the best deal for consumer cruise business.

Most Popular Cruise Ships

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each ship)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean Princess (replacing Oasis of the Seas)

2. Luxury: Queen Mary 2

3. River: SS Antoinette (overtaking Viking Helvetia from last month)

Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain stating that he’d rather RCI sail with empty cabins than discount the prices.:confused:

aninew1.GIFRoyal Caribbean to Raise Recommended Gratuities by About 19 Percent

Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumphand Carnival Inspiration are charging $18 for Steaks in the Main Dining Room

65n7dc_th.jpgbheryx_th.jpg2q8dawp_th.jpg

You got your RCI slam in. Now head on back to the Circus/Carnival boards and take your meds.

Now I will get fried for saying this too.................

We should not be so quick to silence the nay sayer.............

I am sure some folk were angery at Paul Revere for waking them in the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember 2 years ago when we all were up in arms with RCI over their C and A changes.... we all complained so much that RCI heard our cries and did make improvements......remember some folk back then said to "shut up" and stop complaining?? Glad we did not listen!!!! This workld still needs people like this guy...whether we agree with his views or not!!!!!!!!!

The following comprises a sampling of trends for May 2011

Reports are compiled based on actual consumer quote requests on ********, the highly acclaimed website where travel agents compete to offer the best deal for consumer cruise business.

Most Popular Cruise Ships

(Ranked by the total number of quote requests for each ship)

1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean Princess (replacing Oasis of the Seas)

2. Luxury: Queen Mary 2

3. River: SS Antoinette (overtaking Viking Helvetia from last month)

Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain stating that he’d rather RCI sail with empty cabins than discount the prices.:confused:

aninew1.GIFRoyal Caribbean to Raise Recommended Gratuities by About 19 Percent

Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumphand Carnival Inspiration are charging $18 for Steaks in the Main Dining Room

65n7dc_th.jpgbheryx_th.jpg2q8dawp_th.jpg

Now I will get fried for saying this too.................

We should not be so quick to silence the nay sayer.............

I am sure some folk were angery at Paul Revere for waking them in the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember 2 years ago when we all were up in arms with RCI over their C and A changes.... we all complained so much that RCI heard our cries and did make improvements......remember some folk back then said to "shut up" and stop complaining?? Glad we did not listen!!!! This workld still needs people like this guy...whether we agree with his views or not!!!!!!!!!

Reasoned and constructive criticism is one thing and few, if any, have a problem with the OPs negative opinions about Royal Caribbean, only the tiresome inanities contained in his posts and the distracting flashing icons that he populates those posts with. But as someone has described him, he is our resident troll, and that should be understood whenever a post appears attached to his screen name.

What a joke. How to lie with statistics, Nassau is the most popular destination? What a joke. Princess is a fine line, just don't like the ships or food for me. Carnival has a LOT more ships and so will carry a lot more people. O.K. who cares what this post says.

Welcome to YahootelemundoLand. Check your sanity at the door.

Certainly you,,,,Merion Mom know, how it feels to be attacked......Yet its somehow ok to call this guy a "troll" and unilaterally discount his opinion just because he is the "resident troll."

I think there is place for every opinion on this board..........not just those of the "Know it all, I have cruised a million times" group. That gets so old sometimes.........:eek:

I am not saying he is right, I just dont think he should be silenced or belittled by the others on this board who think their opinion is the only one.

I for one enjoy reading all of the opinons, and also at times enjoy poking fun at posters who take themselves too serious. But I also recognize there is some value in everybodys opinion albeit we think it minor or foolish.

Archived