Tea on Princess

KaththeTaff

... specifically the Crown, we will be sailing on her three weeks tomorrow.

Do they use Liptons Teabags in the buffet, and do they have English Breakfast? I quite liked that on a certain other cruise line!

Where is afternoon tea served and what is it like? Again, on another line I found it very good in the buffet!

Also, is it Pepsi or Coke products on board?

Served I believe in the DaVinci Main Dine Room-3:30-4:30pm daily.

You can request Earl Gray, regular tea or herbal teas. They serve scones -clotted cream and jelly, finger sandwiches[Ham/Tuna/egg/cucumber/chicken/etc-along with assorted pastries and cookies.

They usually have a Piano player-sometimes a harpist.

You can request a table for 2 or be seated at a larger table with others.

We enjoy it very much-a time to sit and relax and enjoy one another:p.

The last couple of cruises on the larger ships, the only tea bags available at the buffet was Lipton. On the smaller ships, they offered a wide variety of different teas.

On our recent Star and Grand cruises, flavored caffeine free bags were always available in Horizon Ct. I like the orange spice and my husband prefers the lemony stuff; both were available.

I read somewhere that afternoon tea is served in full suites. Do you have to order it or is it brought to your suite automatically? My mom is going to stay in her suite for a couple of afternoons when we go on active excursions, and I would like to make sure that she gets her tea and refreshment while we are away. She doesn't speak English and can't make an order on her own.

I read somewhere that afternoon tea is served in full suites. Do you have to order it or is it brought to your suite automatically? My mom is going to stay in her suite for a couple of afternoons when we go on active excursions, and I would like to make sure that she gets her tea and refreshment while we are away. She doesn't speak English and can't make an order on her own.

You need to order it - I'm sure you can order it in advance before you leave for the day. They bring enough food to feed an army (have her save the leftovers for you!). We really enjoyed it.

Do they use Liptons Teabags in the buffet, and do they have English Breakfast? I quite liked that on a certain other cruise line!

Where is afternoon tea served and what is it like? Again, on another line I found it very good in the buffet!

Am recently back from the Crown Princess British Isles itinerary.

1. For first two days, you could select your own tea at the buffet drinks stations. Mostly it was Liptons but some stations also had Twinings English Breakfast. Day 3 onwards , norovirus restrictions were in force so you had to ask a waiter/waitress for drinks - so needed to remember to specify what tea you wanted if you wanted to avoid the deaded Liptons. On one occasion I was served Tetley in response to asking for English tea so remembered to specify that thereafter. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not.

2. Formal afternoon tea was in the Da Vinci dining room. Only went once and found it a bit rushed (in fairness it was a sea-day). But you could always get an afternoon snack at the buffet.

3. Coke.

Hi epicTLR. My husband and I had afternoon tea in our suite a few times during our Caribbean Princess voyage last month. It was lovely! The waiter/waitress will bring a food trolley, put a tablecloth on your table and set up tea service, various finger sandwiches, pastry, cookies, clotted cream and strawberry jam. A box of various tea bags will be offered and you can select what type of tea you would like. (You might want to specify the kind of tea your mom prefers when you place her order. Just a suggestion, but you might also want to have a few dollars ready for a tip since the servers do such a nice job.) BTW, when you're ordering your mom's afternoon tea, you might want to mention the language that she speaks - maybe there's a person on staff that speaks the same language. :)

We really enjoyed afternoon tea in our suite, and I'm sure you mom will too! Happy Sailing, -S.

Hi Kath. Yes, they do have Lipton's tea in the buffet and also many others, and yes, you can make up an English (or Welsh) breakfast. They don't always have English bacon on show, so just ask for it, also you can ask for freshly poached eggs. I'm not sure about afternoon tea as we don't have it butI think it's in one of the restaurants. And it's Coke they serve. Have a great cruise. Where are you in Wales?

Hi Kath. Yes, they do have Lipton's tea in the buffet and also many others, and yes, you can make up an English (or Welsh) breakfast. They don't always have English bacon on show, so just ask for it, also you can ask for freshly poached eggs. I'm not sure about afternoon tea as we don't have it butI think it's in one of the restaurants. And it's Coke they serve. Have a great cruise. Where are you in Wales?

Hi Hansi. We are in Swansea, whereabouts are you?

Thank you everyone who has replied! We like the sound of afterbnoon tea in the restaurant! And I love Coke, but DH prefers Pepsi, so that's good news for me. I don't think he will care, on holiday he prefers beer in the evening anyway, whereas I like a few soft drinks!

Hi,

The afternoon tea in the dining room was far nicer than than the tea bags in the buffet, and the sandwiches and pastries that they also offer are also very yummy. Well, you have to have something to go with your tea!

You can also get tea from room service to your cabin, but remember to also ask for milk (and sugar if needed). Don't forget to order the choc chip cookies to go with the room service tea!!

Happy cruising.

Hi Hansi. We are in Swansea, whereabouts are you?

Thank you everyone who has replied! We like the sound of afterbnoon tea in the restaurant! And I love Coke, but DH prefers Pepsi, so that's good news for me. I don't think he will care, on holiday he prefers beer in the evening anyway, whereas I like a few soft drinks!

I'm in Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardiff!

Good Heavens,

Is there nobody from North Wales on here apart from you Hwntws. :D:D

I'm in Llandudno.

There is nothing wrong with Lipton's tea as long as you put 2 teabags in the mug to get the strength up

Berwyn

Good Heavens,

Is there nobody from North Wales on here apart from you Hwntws. :D:D

I'm in Llandudno.

There is nothing wrong with Lipton's tea as long as you put 2 teabags in the mug to get the strength up

Berwyn

Hey up....more North Walians here!!!

The afternoon tea in the dining room is lovely...and tea served from a silver(ish) teapot.......lovely. Much better than the Lipton 'dunk it in your mug style' at the buffet. Not sure how we had room for afternoon tea on the Grand last year....but we managed....daily!!! Life's a bitch!!:p

Hey up....more North Walians here!!!

The afternoon tea in the dining room is lovely...and tea served from a silver(ish) teapot.......lovely. Much better than the Lipton 'dunk it in your mug style' at the buffet. Not sure how we had room for afternoon tea on the Grand last year....but we managed....daily!!! Life's a bitch!!:p

Hello Nerys,

Syd ydachi heno?

That sounds great. Proper afternoon tea. Like we used to get years ago.

You make room for afternoon tea no matter what.

(I'd type this in Welsh but it would confuse the the others :D ).

Berwyn

Hello Nerys,

Syd ydachi heno?

That sounds great. Proper afternoon tea. Like we used to get years ago.

You make room for afternoon tea no matter what.

(I'd type this in Welsh but it would confuse the the others :D ).

Berwyn

Hello Berwyn

Dwi yn iawn diolch! (Welsh for ...'I'm OK thanks')!!!

English Breakfast is my favourite and on our last cruise it was very much in demand. High tea is a 3.30pm event in one of the Main Dining Rooms.

Hi Anna,

You can't go far wrong with proper English Breakfast Tea. Makes a great cuppa'

Berwyn

We were on the Golden to Hawaii for 14 days.....and found the (iced) tea we were served for lunch and dinner in the MDR VERY GOOD.

We commented on it each day, and finally towards the end of the cruise we asked what brand it was.....

It was something I'd never heard of, but wrote down the name.

and NOW I cannot find that note from the trip- anyone?? anyone?? :D

Hello Berwyn

Dwi yn iawn diolch! (Welsh for ...'I'm OK thanks')!!!

'roedd I'm meddwl bod yn ohonch wchi yn siarad Cymraeg.

( I thought one of you were able to speak Welsh)

Sorry but we are in a minority on a heavily North American Board here :D

Is anyone here with Welsh ancestry?

Berwyn

'roedd I'm meddwl bod yn ohonch wchi yn siarad Cymraeg.

( I thought one of you were able to speak Welsh)

Sorry but we are in a minority on a heavily North American Board here :D

Is anyone here with Welsh ancestry?

Berwyn

Great great grandfather was a farmer in Denbighshire, Wales. Rest of the family in Staffordshire and Cheshire. Think of myself as having welsh roots--love going to North Wales when I visit the UK. I am a tea "snob" --PG Tips every morning--thank goodness for Amazon!

Great great grandfather was a farmer in Denbighshire, Wales. Rest of the family in Staffordshire and Cheshire. Think of myself as having welsh roots--love going to North Wales when I visit the UK. I am a tea "snob" --PG Tips every morning--thank goodness for Amazon!

Not far from me then.

You can't beat P.G. Tips for quality tea.

I was not expecting a response so quickly.

On our last U.S. cruise line cruise on Royal Caribbean hardly anyone had heard of Wales.

On his recent visit I found even President Obama had Welsh ancestry on his mother's side.

Berwyn

Missed that you are in Llandudno --my brother and I always go to Llandudno when I'm home (grew up in Stoke-on-Trent) and we walk around the Orme and have fish and chips near the pier--a family tradition!

I hope that we have afternoon tea on the Island Princess to Alsaka next year....

Archived