Tipping Concierge

SuiteLady

Can someone please tell me what is appropriate to tip the concierge? As far as I can tell, it is NOT included in suite gratuities, is it? Thanks for the help....:) We will be sailing for 11 days...and will probably use the concierge lounge most of the nights for about an hour or so....

Can someone please tell me what is appropriate to tip the concierge? As far as I can tell, it is NOT included in suite gratuities, is it? Thanks for the help....:) We will be sailing for 11 days...and will probably use the concierge lounge most of the nights for about an hour or so....

I don't know what line you're on, so I don't know what you mean by "suite gratuities." But it seems that most folks figure $70.00~$140.00 for a 7 day cruise. +/- for level of service. You're on an 11 day so figure $10.00~$20.00 per day.

If someone disagrees with me, just tell the OP what you think, 'cause I don't want to hear it.......

Explorer of the Sea, didn't see your signature.......

I don't know what line you're on, so I don't know what you mean by "suite gratuities." But it seems that most folks figure $70.00~$140.00 for a 7 day cruise. +/- for level of service. You're on an 11 day so figure $10.00~$20.00 per day.

If someone disagrees with me, just tell the OP what you think, 'cause I don't want to hear it.......

That sounds about right - all depends on how much you ask of the concierge. Don't forget the bar server who prepares your drinks each evening.

In my experience, the concierge on Royal Caribbean (and I've been in a suite on the Explorer of the Seas) does very little for you, particularly in comparison to a concierge on NCL. We only tipped the concierge on the EOS $20, and I'm not sure why we even gave him that, since the only thing he did for us was hand us ice show tickets. Admittedly that was acouple of years ago and maybe the concierge does more for you these days, although on the EOS in particular it's hard to imagine what he could do for you.

Sorry, what I had meant was if it was included in PRE-PAID suite gratuities....and I did find out that concierge gratuities are NOT included in those and I apprecitate ur help:)

We do the same as KK except that on some cruises, we find the few things we wanted, we dealt with the same concierge. Other than a hello when we entered the lounge and the other concierge was present, we had no interaction with second concierge, so we did not tip him/her.

If they've done no special service for you, there's no reason to tip.

If they have really helped you with several issues, of course, most of us tip.

Archived