Captain's club elite

WALKER1313

My wife, daughter and myself are the other 100+ cruisers who were on the the Equinox transatlantic with RMSeadog in May.

We never received ANYTHING for reaching 100 cruises. No free cruise (like RCL offers), no special party, no plaque, no "100" ice sculpture, not even our picture on Facebook. I wrote to Hanrahan complaining and could not get past the customer service firewall. Even being in the top 20 Celebrity cruisers their comment was "he cannot read everyone's letter". Celebrity really does not care about loyalty.

Tom

Congratulations on reaching 100! I was on the Eclipse when two guests (husband & wife) reached 150 points. There was an ice sculpture "150" placed on the table. RMSeadog is correct.

Definately NOT TRUE.

Celebrity does very little extra for those with over 100 cruises compared to the Elite with 10+ or the RCL Diamond transfers on their first Celebrity cruise. A few extra perks if you are among the top cruisers honored at the Captains Club Celebration, but thats it.

Diamond Royals on their first Celebrity cruise get as much as the "100 Tier Club" in hopes they will book some Celebrity cruises. X cruisers with 50, 60 or more are over looked because they are hooked and will return anyway, no need to suck up to them.

My feelings are to decline an invite to anything that would slight a loyal Royal cruiser. They made their bones with Royal the should get first dibs on any extra perks passed out. I am the interloper, eh? ~ Ric

They should do something,

Celedrity cruise more than 25 credits only get diamond statue on royal Caribbean.

Give me a break!

And Diamontd member get Elite on Celebrity?

That's not right at all.

Come on guys uss your Brain.They should have the same tier as DIAMOND +

Some one from the management side on Celebrity should wake up before things get worse and get the thing done right like RCL/.

They deserved better as loyalty is concern.

Was not me. Here is some real scuttlebutt, I heard from a friend (not with X) in the UK the when SI begins operating the new level will be 40 and above. No clue where they heard that, however. Looking forward to Nov as well, we are doing four RCCL between now and then, as it stands now we have to cruise our way to D+. The perks in Oasis Class for D+ are fantastic. ~ Ric

What is SI?

I know quite a few. Some are not CC members. It would be up to those who are to identify themselves if they wish. Believe there is a privacy (if there is any privacy left) issue here.

I generally follow Celebrity's posts on facebook:

4 different pictures of 100 cruise awards are posted on Celebrity's facebook site.

January 23rd Constellation a couple from Germany,

January 2011 Infinity a couple from Illinois,

February 2011 Constellation, a lady from B.C. Canada,

October 24th, 2010 Millennium a couple from B.C.

They should do something,

Celedrity cruise more than 25 credits only get diamond statue on royal Caribbean.

Give me a break!

And Diamontd member get Elite on Celebrity?

That's not right at all.

Come on guys uss your Brain.They should have the same tier as DIAMOND +

Some one from the management side on Celebrity should wake up before things get worse and get the thing done right like RCL/.

They deserved better as loyalty is concern.

But you see, Celebrity has no tier above Elite, which is equal to their Diamond. Why should RCCL give X more than we can give them. RCCL Pinnacle members only get Elite status, not fair to give me Pinnacle status if X can't reciprocate. Celebrity needs another tier level or two, which Miami is reluctant to do. Takav je život. ~ Ric

Was not me. Here is some real scuttlebutt, I heard from a friend (not with X) in the UK the when SI begins operating the new level will be 40 and above. No clue where they heard that, however. ~ Ric

RMSeadog,

When you quote 40 and above, do you mean points or cruises. thanks...

I am a new Cruiser,just started having Cruise Fever.

May be is not too late for me to Jump Ship.

Cancel all My Future Reservation and hoop on another Ship liner.

Anyway I only have 40 nights with Celebrity.

RMSeadog,

When you quote 40 and above, do you mean points or cruises. thanks...

Captain's Club status is based on tier credits. Actual cruises may or may not equal the credits, one may earn extra credit by doing 12+ nights or cruising in a more expensive cabin. ~ Ric

I am a new Cruiser,just started having Cruise Fever.

May be is not too late for me to Jump Ship.

Cancel all My Future Reservation and hoop on another Ship liner.

Anyway I only have 40 nights with Celebrity.

I'm sorry, I barely made it thru high school, I don't get your post. We all had 40 nights at one time. I don't understand what you are trying to say. ~ Ric

I'm sorry, I barely made it thru high school, I don't get your post. We all had 40 nights at one time. I don't understand what you are trying to say. ~ Ric

What I mean is not too late to quit Celebrity since I just started cruising with them.

I may as well look for other cruise liner that offer better pecks to loyal customer.

What I mean is not too late to quit Celebrity since I just started cruising with them.

I may as well look for other cruise liner that offer better pecks to loyal customer.

Are you saying that you select a cruiseline based on "perks" rather than the quality of the product?

Are you saying that you select a cruiseline based on "perks" rather than the quality of the product?

I believe most cruise liners provide pretty much the same standard of quality services.

Though I will miss Celebrity crews after sailing with them for 2 1/2 years

I would like to understand Celebrity's business plan with respect to this loyalty program as it lacks any incentive to cruise past Elite. Crystal's program makes far more sense to me. Among other things it rewards cruisers at certain milestones with on board credits and confirmed upgrades - and when you get to the highest milestones free cruises. In between the milestones are enhanced perks.

I believe most cruise liners provide pretty much the same standard of quality services.

Your last line says it all. The best perk in the cruise industry is the Celebrity staff. That's what makes so many so loyal. I can't say it better than RMSeadog in an earlier post. When I return to a Celebrity I really feel that I'm returning to family. I must add that renewing friendships with past guests, Ric and Flo as well as our mutual friends, only enhances my cruising experience. If you want to give all this up for a few extra internet minutes or a small bag of laundry that's your call. And, your mistake.

If Celebrity does this I hope they "grandfather-in" those who have all ready reached Elite status. If they don't there will be another uproar like that experienced when RCCL changed their Crown & Anchor status requirements last year. When that occurred many "Loyal Royals" abandoned RCCL for other cruise lines.

Cruisers are fickle. They'll be back. They are wooed by a cheap fare.

Your last line says it all. The best perk in the cruise industry is the Celebrity staff. When I return to a Celebrity I really feel that I'm returning to family. I must add that renewing friendships with past guests, ....., only enhances my cruising experience. If you want to give all this up for a few extra internet minutes or a small bag of laundry that's your call. And, your mistake.

I agree with WinstonSue that other cruise lines can also offer interaction with wonderful staff and cruising friends. Orator: Why would you think that friendships are not made on ships other than Celebrity's. I am sure that Rollcalls on RCL and Princess and HAL and all the others would not exclude the "enhancement of a cruising experience."

Celebrity has among the best perks out there. You would leave a cruise line you enjoy and cancel upcoming cruises because a rumor about possible changes down the road to the loyalty program? Very odd logic. Very odd. :confused:

I agree with WinstonSue that other cruise lines can also offer interaction with wonderful staff and cruising friends. Orator: Why would you think that friendships are not made on ships other than Celebrity's. I am sure that Rollcalls on RCL and Princess and HAL and all the others would not exclude the "enhancement of a cruising experience."

I've been on Princess, HAL, Costa, NCL, RCL, and others many times. Always met wonderful people on all lines, but I've always found more in common with Celebrity guests than the others. Just my experience and preference.

Let us know which cruise lines offer better perks and the details. I am curious. I think the Celebrity program is pretty good. Much better than previously. I do know that Princess's highest level offers free internet, laundry (I think) and a mini bar set up, so it is good, but much harder to reach.

Good luck with whatever cruise line that you pick. It will probably take you some time to get to the same level.

By all means test the waters. Ten years ago a big time HAL cruiser told to us "find cruise line you like and stick with them, they will take care of you". Of course we did not "cruise around" we stuck with the big X and have not regretted it. We now believe we would not be happy starting over with another line. ~ Ric

To be sure that other lines have great people, no augment from me there, we have met excellent people on our RCCL cruises. For us it's too late to forge the relationships we have with Celebrity. It took us ten years to get to this point, we won't throw that away to start over from scratch. ~ Ric

Archived