Captain's club elite

WALKER1313

I must admit, we were RCL folks at first. We did enough to make Diamond. Then, we decide to step it up a notch and go to X. Guess what, after we returned from living in Europe, we haven't been back. (Ignore the Carnival cruise, it fit our schedule, we wanted to try them, and probably won't go back!)

However, this brings an interesting point when (yes, they will) they make the change. We were automatic elite based on RCL status. Sooooo, how will they convert our points that were earned on RCL? :rolleyes:

We have certainly enjoyed our elite status, and as you can see below, have 2 more X cruises booked.

Grandfather to what? Elite to Elite? That's fine, but how will they determine Elite+? Now that's the $64K question.

Absolutely agree that most folks in Michaels Club were RCL cruisers, not X. They are playing by the rules, so I can't complain.

This is a great thread, and am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts.

If they make a change, then those who have earned Elite as Celebrity passengers should be "grandfathered" to maintain the same perks and the reciprocal arrangements changed so that RCL passengers get perks comparable to what they get on RCL.

On the cruises with 500+ Elite members, Celebrity is offering Michael's Club to those with 25+ cruises. This helps with the over-crowding. Hum...

While on the Equinox I mentioned this rumor to the CC Hostess. She called X and was told that this is not true. Anyone actually experience this?

There are a number of special events that require a letter. These may include Bridge or Control Room Tours. Anita, the Hostess at the time told me very directly that she was told that groups have NEVER been separated, nor were there any plans to separate them. She then called several very frequent cruisers who she knew used the Boards and told them that the rumor was not factual. Think of the problems in separating into two groups. They would need to staff and maintain two different venues. One might want to call the Captain's Club to verify.

...how will they convert our points that were earned on RCL? :rolleyes:
No RCI points were transferred to Celebrity; only your status moved, so they will NOT convert any cruise credits / points earned on RCI. If I read your cruise list correctly you had 10 RCI cruise credits [= Diamond; status transfers in as Elite] before cruising Celebrity. After your 2006 Brilliance cruise you had 12 RCI cruise credits, which should now be 97 RCI cruise points [still Diamond]. You currently have 7 Celebrity cruise credits, so you have not earned Elite status on Celebrity, but you still are treated as Celebrity Elite based on your RCI Diamond status. Does that make sense?

Thom

I have decided not to worry...Whatever they do, they do...

When they started the "reciprocity" thing, we were already BOTH Diamond Crown and Anchor AND Captains Club Elite...

Over the years, we've cruised a lot on BOTH lines...and we have paid for second cabins for our daughters and we have even bought Celebrity cruises for my parents!

But, with all of that, we were at 14 "credits" on RCCL...which were then converted to 111 "nights" and still a long way from Diamond Plus...

Does it matter to us that short cruises no longer get "full credit"? Heck, NOT NOW that RCCL does not do short cruises on the West Coast...Heck, they don't even do LONG cruises on the West Coast anymore...So, if we wanted to take a Royal Caribbean cruise, we now have tofly somewhere...So, I am giving up hope of ever reaching "Diamond Plus"...

Meanwhile, over on the Celebrity side, we currently have 16 "credits"...By next summer, it will be 20...Would they REALLY NOT "grandfather" in our status and change it to 25? I would hope not...

We have (or will have) what, basically, was 34 points combined on the two lines...If you counted what we spent buying cruises for our kids and my parents on top of that, we're probably responsible for the equivalent of around 50 "credits" on the two lines...

If RCI/Celebrity wants to promote "loyalty", I'd assert that WE are the customers they should want to keep happy...

Even so...Would it cause us to abandon Celebrity and start cruising other lines instead? Probably not...

Because, even now, I do not book cruises based on anyone's "loyalty" program...I DO like the Elite free drink hour...my favorite perk ever...not because the drinks are free...I can afford to buy drinks...I jus like the overall experience...using it as a "social hour"...It makes me feel like I am being treated special...

But, I DO book my cruises based on who puts forth a good product...by who offers itineraries that are to my liking and fit my schedule...by who gives me quality...and value...

I would be cruising Celebrity and Royal Caribbean MORE if they'd just bring ships back to the West Coast...That's a little of the "loyalty" I'd like to see in return...

On the cruises with 500+ Elite mebers, Celebrity is offering Michael's Club to those with 25+ cruises. This helps with the over-crowding. Hum...

We did a TA in EQ in May with over 800 Elite, everyone was served in sky for breakfast and happy hour. No one was invited to Michael's for special service and there were 5 people in the 100+ tier point category, Flora and I included.

My feelings are Miami does not care if I show up or not. There will be someone in the cabin I would have occupied, so no loss of revenue, in fact they may save money if I don't show up. We have 129 tier credits or 914 night aboard in 10.5 years and Miami has never called and said Ric, you have not cruised in three months! What's up? You guys feeling okay? Revenue is down a wee bit. My point, if one feel slighted because they get shut out with the restructuring of Captain's Club and feel they can do better elsewhere, Miami will not shed a tear for them.

The ship will never go empty. They may have to lower the price to entice. There will always be newbies to fill the compartments.

Ric

We did a TA in EQ in May with over 800 Elite, everyone was served in sky for breakfast and happy hour. No one was invited to Michael's for special service and there were 5 people in the 100+ tier point category, Flora and I included.

My feelings are Miami does not care if I show up or not. There will be someone in the cabin I would have occupied, so no loss of revenue, in fact they may save money if I don't show up. We have 129 tier credits or 914 night aboard in 10.5 years and Miami has never called and said Ric, you have not cruised in three months! What's up? You guys feeling okay? Revenue is down a wee bit. My point, if one feel slighted because they get shut out with the restructuring of Captain's Club and feel they can do better elsewhere, Miami will not shed a tear for them.

The ship will never go empty. They may have to lower the price to entice. There will always be newbies to fill the compartments.

Ric

Don't know if you were one who received a call from Anita, but she told me she spoke to our mutual friend about the rumor. Looking forward to sailing with you and Flora in November.

Don't know if you were one who received a call from Anita, but she told me she spoke to our mutual friend about the rumor. Looking forward to sailing with you and Flora in November.

Was not me. Here is some real scuttlebutt, I heard from a friend (not with X) in the UK the when SI begins operating the new level will be 40 and above. No clue where they heard that, however. Looking forward to Nov as well, we are doing four RCCL between now and then, as it stands now we have to cruise our way to D+. The perks in Oasis Class for D+ are fantastic. ~ Ric

We have gone thru being demoted from the Concierge Lounge on Royal Caribbean. Shortly after the Elite Happy Hour was introduced. I wondered if Royal was trying to get some of the 'older' passengers to change to Celebrity (slightly higher prices and longer cruises). Now are there so many Diamonds on Celebrity that the free drinks are costing too much? We did a cruise on the Solstice this year - our first on an X ship in a few years. I loved AQ for the fabulous food. The free drinks were nice but the Martini bar is so much fun for pre dinner drinks.

I did suspect that 'something' was going on in Michael's during happy hour. Every night there was a private party sign outside the door. Maybe they had special invites for the suite guests?

We will make D+ on Royal this year - I hope before they change the program again. The Concierge Lounge on the Oasis class ships are fabulous. I got a glimpse as we passed thru on the way to the Chef's Table dinner.

Do you know how many people have more than 100 cruise credits with Celebrity?

Ric

What are the cruise critic names?

I know quite a few. Some are not CC members. It would be up to those who are to identify themselves if they wish. Believe there is a privacy (if there is any privacy left) issue here.

In a recent facebook Livestream Webinar session, so wonderfully reported by HostAndy,

As Mr Hanrahan mentioned another tier is not in the works at this time, I think we can put this issue to bed, and not expect any major changes.... at least for now.

When the new Captain's Club program was introduced nearly two years ago, Celebrity stated that more announcements were on the way. I was very impressed with the Elite offerings when the evening lounge was held in the intimacy of Michael's Club. Now the choice of drinks is more limited, one is required to line up at the door together with 100's of others all eager to partake of the social gathering. I don't like the noise, I don't like the smoking now allowed in the lounge even though the views at sailaway are wonderful. To me, the difference from the original event to the present one is like comparing eating in Blu to eating in the main dining room. It is no longer exclusive and certainly does not feel like a reward for loyalty to the cruiseline.

As a frequent cruiser on Holland America, Princess, RCL and Celebrity, we appreciate being appreciated. If one cruises for the enjoyment of being on board and being treated as Royalty as the advertisements once proclaimed, the present elite program has deteriorated as much as the priority tender ticket that, at one time, actually meant special treatment.

Mr RMSeadog, as one of Celebrity's most dedicated cruisers according to his impressive sailing record, is being enticed to stray by RCL's improved perks for sailing frequently. Unless Celebrity again offers a meaningful experience for those fortunate enough to cruise frequently throughout the year, many other ships are now equally appealing. I for one hope some rumours will actually come to pass.

speculate, it's more fun.

Originally Posted by Host Andy

As Mr Hanrahan mentioned another tier is not in the works at this time, I think we can put this issue to bed, and not expect any major changes.... at least for now.

I too, listened to the live webinar given by Dan Hanrahan on Facebook, and he did say what Host Andy reported. Quite a lot of speculation regarding a "rumor"...

JMO, but it seems the OP is enjoying winding people up? ;)

In a recent facebook Livestream Webinar session, so wonderfully reported by HostAndy,

When the new Captain's Club program was introduced nearly two years ago, Celebrity stated that more announcements were on the way. I was very impressed with the Elite offerings when the evening lounge was held in the intimacy of Michael's Club. Now the choice of drinks is more limited, one is required to line up at the door together with 100's of others all eager to partake of the social gathering. I don't like the noise, I don't like the smoking now allowed in the lounge even though the views at sailaway are wonderful. To me, the difference from the original event to the present one is like comparing eating in Blu to eating in the main dining room. It is no longer exclusive and certainly does not feel like a reward for loyalty to the cruiseline.

As a frequent cruiser on Holland America, Princess, RCL and Celebrity, we appreciate being appreciated. If one cruises for the enjoyment of being on board and being treated as Royalty as the advertisements once proclaimed, the present elite program has deteriorated as much as the priority tender ticket that, at one time, actually meant special treatment.

Mr RMSeadog, as one of Celebrity's most dedicated cruisers according to his impressive sailing record, is being enticed to stray by RCL's improved perks for sailing frequently. Unless Celebrity again offers a meaningful experience for those fortunate enough to cruise frequently throughout the year, many other ships are now equally appealing. I for one hope some rumours will actually come to pass.

I was not saying I'm going over to Royal, we would never switch lines, However, Oasis and Allure are great products and worth, for us, cruising another 22 days to get to D+. Also, they are here year round while Celebrity goes away for the summer. We, under most conditions refuse to fly both ways for a med cruise.

I was trying to make a point that the company (Miami) does not need us, we have been told that they have no need give us discounts if we guarantee, say 20 cruises a year because they can sell it to somebody else for full price. Leaving X because they changed the rules mid stream to get even is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

However, we love the people in the ships and have long term relationships with so many, watched them go from waiter to Restauranr Manager another to Hotel Director, Chefs to F&B Mananger, Activity Staff to Training Officer, ect. Although RCCL's people are, I'm sure, just as nice and friendly as X, there is no feeling of family there, I'm sure the relationships would grow given time, however, we would not like to restrict ourselvs to OA, AL, and the Caribbean. We will use them to fill in when we can't get X. ~ Ric

I know quite a few. Some are not CC members. It would be up to those who are to identify themselves if they wish. Believe there is a privacy (if there is any privacy left) issue here.

Hi Orator !

I totally agree with this. I know several as well, and would never disclose their identities. I feel it's up to each individual to identify themselves, should they choose to.

Do you know how many people have more than 100 cruise credits with Celebrity?

Well, we just tried to count them and came up with about 16 or 17 individuals. I'm almost sure the we are a wee bit low and there are many that are close and can move up anytime, lots that we have never met too.

Consider us, we have the same perks as a couple with 10 tier credits, granted we do receive the flowers at the party, get invited to VIP parties, but most of those come from the ship and are not mandated by Miami, we continue to return to Celebrity because of the great people and we like being in a ship. ~ Ric

On the cruises with 500+ Elite members, Celebrity is offering Michael's Club to those with 25+ cruises. This helps with the over-crowding. Hum...

Definately NOT TRUE.

Celebrity does very little extra for those with over 100 cruises compared to the Elite with 10+ or the RCL Diamond transfers on their first Celebrity cruise. A few extra perks if you are among the top cruisers honored at the Captains Club Celebration, but thats it.

I can name seven. And some of them were not among the ones who were on the cruise with RMSeadog. So that's at least ten.

My wife, daughter and myself are the other 100+ cruisers who were on the the Equinox transatlantic with RMSeadog in May.

We never received ANYTHING for reaching 100 cruises. No free cruise (like RCL offers), no special party, no plaque, no "100" ice sculpture, not even our picture on Facebook. I wrote to Hanrahan complaining and could not get past the customer service firewall. Even being in the top 20 Celebrity cruisers their comment was "he cannot read everyone's letter". Celebrity really does not care about loyalty.

Tom

Archived