Candlelight Picnic on the Lawn

elena7seas

In the past couple of days I have read a few posts from S-class ships mentioning that candlelight picnics were set up on the lawn. This sounds so lovely. How long has this been happening?

Can anyone share some more details?

How do you know which night this is happening...is the information included in the Celebrity today?

We will be on the Solstice in the Eastern Med on July 13th and I would love to share in this event, so any information that anyone can share would be most welcomed. :)

Hi,:) doing a search on the Celebrity Website I see something for

Silhouette that says "Patio on The Lawn" as well as "The Lawn Club

Grille". Not sure about the picnic thing on any of the other S class

ships though.

Maybe someone who has sailed an S class lately has some first hand

information.

We attened on the Eclipse in the Caribbean this past spring. It was awesome. It was a wine and cheese thing with jazz. Had to buy the wine, but they handed out cheese plates. Hard to know about, and in fact, it was pretty empty. You have to read the newsletters from cover to cover.

Also, in the Caribbean it was at 7PM on the night we were in San Juan late, so they didn't have the wind issue while sailing. I would bet that if you are in port late one night that it when it would be.

Have fun.

We attened on the Eclipse in the Caribbean this past spring. It was awesome. It was a wine and cheese thing with jazz. Had to buy the wine, but they handed out cheese plates. Hard to know about, and in fact, it was pretty empty. You have to read the newsletters from cover to cover.

Also, in the Caribbean it was at 7PM on the night we were in San Juan late, so they didn't have the wind issue while sailing. I would bet that if you are in port late one night that it when it would be.

Have fun.

Candlelight, wine and jazz, that would be wonderful!

TxnAquarian, in his thread Live from Equinox mentioned that:

"the night we sailed from Santorini and they set up picnic blankets and candles on the lawn was the minute I realized I was sold on this product".

It just sounds lovely.

I wonder why Celebrity doesn't highlight some of these special events in Celebrity Today. You always have to hunt for things like the Champagne Tea and the Gala Brunch, instead of finding them featured predominantly.

I know so many people that have missed these special opportunities because they didn't know about them. I know your waiter is supposed to tell you the night before, but sometimes everyone is so busy this just doesn't happen.

It is no secret. It is published in the daily paper, and announced by the CD at the end of the evening shows. The problem is many passengers are in a rush to leave the shows and don't have the courtesy to listen to the CD or take time to read the daily paper.

It is would have been very nice to relax lounging on the lawn, feeling the cool breeze, gazing at the stars, no mosquitoes, breathing fresh air without smoke from cigarettes, and enjoying the music. On the Solstice it wasn't jazz. It was a female playing a guitar singing easy contemporary standards/folk music.

It was also to be in conjunction with the late night glass blowing show. To our misfortune it was rained out 2 nights in a row so the glass show never happened and the lawn show was just on the upper deck because the lawn was too wet. It was still very nice and easy to fall asleep. The candles are flameless but still add to the effect. She was basically one of the regular lounge acts playing on the upper deck for a different atmosphere. A nice touch.

DH and I were on the Equinox recently, when we stumbled upon the picnickers. There were maybe 4 couples the night we left Santorini. We didn't see any form of entertaining, but it may have been too early, as it was still light out. DH observed that the men looked very uncomfortable on the grass. :D One man kept changing positions like his hip was hurting. I have a photo someplace.

We did this on the Soltice and it was very nice. They had blankets on the lawn with the light candles. They had plates of cheese and of course you could buy wine or a drink. They had a jazz band. It was very windy the night they had it but sitting under the stars was very nice. It will be listed in the Celebrity today. Do not miss it.

Kathy

Miched, thanks for stating that those candles are flameless. As I began to read this thread, I was nervous - nothing lovely about open flames on a ship.:eek:

The sad thing is they are those small tea candles and there were a few passengers that would collect and pocket them as souvenirs during the event.

I am glad I saw this thread. The candlelight picnic thing sounds like something my DH and I would like try. Is this something that most people dress up for? In other words, I can't imagine seeing any men sitting on the lawn wearing tuxedos.

It is no secret. It is published in the daily paper, and announced by the CD at the end of the evening shows..

If they had one of these on the Eclipse, it was pretty much a secret as was the brunch. I don't usually go to shows, so have no idea what the CD is nattering on about. The waiter did not tell us about the brunch. The cabin attendant didn't know about it. Apparently it was slipped in on the last page in small print with the hours of the dining room. Who knew you had to look there? I assumed that page was the same every day. Communication was not the Eclipse's strong suit. Every other Celebrity ship I've sailed on communicated much better about special events such as the brunch.

If they had one of these on the Eclipse, it was pretty much a secret as was the brunch. I don't usually go to shows, so have no idea what the CD is nattering on about. The waiter did not tell us about the brunch. The cabin attendant didn't know about it. Apparently it was slipped in on the last page in small print with the hours of the dining room. Who knew you had to look there? I assumed that page was the same every day. Communication was not the Eclipse's strong suit. Every other Celebrity ship I've sailed on communicated much better about special events such as the brunch.

I have found that on other cruise lines you have to dig pretty hard in the daily schedule to find the good things. Its actually something I look forward to at the end of the day. Everyone is asleep and I have my bedside light on with highlighter in hand, already planning the next fabulous day.

Archived