Oasis of The Seas

kg171864

i have a few questions is it true that if you complete the online check in then you can arrive an hour before sailing? and what is the absolute last time to board the ship in port everglades?

You should be aboard an hour before the ship leaves port, no later.

Not sure about online check in, never heard of any cruise line doing that. Try the RCCL boards.

Jonathan

Most people do on-line check-in so you could possibly have 6000 people showing up an hour before the ship leaves --- not good!

My husband works at the port and my suggestion, after hearing his stories every week about people getting denied boarding for showing up late, is to be there early! Absolutely no later than 4PM (ship sails at 5). Why wouldn't you want to do? Get on that gorgeous ship - walk around and get familiar with it and start enjoying your vacation!

I think what you are referring to, is I know Carnival says 90 minutes ahead if you dont have your online boarding pass, absolute last time is 60 minutes before if you have all the papers.

the last manifest Im told goes in 60 minutes before the ship can leave, so if you arent onboard by then, its too bad, so sad. If there are a lot of people late from a airline Iv heard of them allowig it and leaving late, but if you arent onboard then, the ship cant leave. You have to be checked in by then.

You should be aboard an hour before the ship leaves port, no later.

This is not correct. We just got our docs and they clearly state the manifest goes in 60 minutes prior so check-in must be completed 90 minutes prior or you will be denied boarding. You do not want to cut it any closer than that.

OP, try and get there as soon as possible. The first day onboard is a day you've paid for and I'm sure you want to start your vacation as soon as possible. :)

I saw a documentary about Oasis, and on one cruise, they denied boarding to three groups. One was a family where both were divorced, and neither parent had the permission letter to take the kids out of the country. The second was a family with non-US passports who didn't have the correct visas. The third was a couple who arrived 50 minutes before sailing, and they were not allowed to board. They were told that they had to be checked in no later than 90 minutes before departure.

I know from experience the 90 minutes isnt true. I booked the day of a cruise, and for sure did not check in 90 minutes ahead of time and was allowed to board... so its not some policy written in stone.

the 60 minutes last manifest is the only thing written in stone.

.. as noted the couple denied boarding was there less than a hour before the cruise.. so if someone said 90 or 60 minutes .. I would not take it as gospel.

My next two cruises are Oasis .. cant wait.

I think what you are referring to, is I know Carnival says 90 minutes ahead if you dont have your online boarding pass, absolute last time is 60 minutes before if you have all the papers.

the last manifest Im told goes in 60 minutes before the ship can leave, so if you arent onboard by then, its too bad, so sad. If there are a lot of people late from a airline Iv heard of them allowig it and leaving late, but if you arent onboard then, the ship cant leave. You have to be checked in by then.

This is exacatly what I was refferring too Thank you

I saw a documentary about Oasis... They were told that they had to be checked in no later than 90 minutes before departure.

... as noted the couple denied boarding was there less than a hour before the cruise.. so if someone said 90 or 60 minutes .. I would not take it as gospel.

OP is asking about Oasis of the Seas, and we gave answers specifically for this. It is fairly common knowledge about the 90 minutes rule, and was confirmed by this documentary. We all saw it. For Oasis, it's 90 minutes, although I would hate to think of anyone cutting it that close. :p

This is not correct. We just got our docs and they clearly state the manifest goes in 60 minutes prior so check-in must be completed 90 minutes prior or you will be denied boarding. You do not want to cut it any closer than that.

Actually, you are both correct. Yes, you do have to be checked in 90 minutes in advance, but you have to be physically aboard no less than 60 minutes ahead.

• 4 weeks later...
I know from experience the 90 minutes isnt true. I booked the day of a cruise, and for sure did not check in 90 minutes ahead of time and was allowed to board... so its not some policy written in stone.

the 60 minutes last manifest is the only thing written in stone.

.. as noted the couple denied boarding was there less than a hour before the cruise.. so if someone said 90 or 60 minutes .. I would not take it as gospel.

My next two cruises are Oasis .. cant wait.

what time did you arrive when you did book?

Archived