Vines & Alfredo's on the Grand

Woobstr112G

I was looking at deck plans on the Grand and can't locate Vines & Alfredos. I know I'm probably looking right at them, but I just don't see them. Can someone please advise me as to their locations.....

Thanks

Bob

I was looking at deck plans on the Grand and can't locate Vines & Alfredos. I know I'm probably looking right at them, but I just don't see them. Can someone please advise me as to their locations.....

Thanks

Bob

Vines and Alfredos have apperared on Grand since refit in April and the website has not updated deck plans as far as I know. Not 100% sure where they are as a first time cruiser but think Vines in the new area

Thanks

Bob

Check here, Bob. This deck plan shows them.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/deck_plans/index.html

OK. I have a question about the cabins on that side of the ship and how that starboard passageway exits into the Atrium. Does it cut through or past Alfredo's? Looks like it exits right into the venue.
My guess is that would be an emergency exit only, and passengers in those cabins would exit through the Art Gallery and into the center of the Piazza. If you look at the Port side, it shows the same thing. That door would go right into the crew work area for the International Cafe.

My guess is that would be an emergency exit only, and passengers in those cabins would exit through the Art Gallery and into the center of the Piazza. If you look at the Port side, it shows the same thing. That door would go right into the crew work area for the International Cafe.

That was my guess too but I wasn't 100%. I didn't know if there was anyone who had been on her since the refit and would know for sure. I'm booked in a cabin just down from that 'emergency exit' (?) and hope the passageway doesn't smell like pizza all the time. ;)

That was my guess too but I wasn't 100%. I didn't know if there was anyone who had been on her since the refit and would know for sure. I'm booked in a cabin just down from that 'emergency exit' (?) and hope the passageway doesn't smell like pizza all the time. ;)
I found a photo of Alfredo's on the Princess Flickr site. There's a pole in the way, but it looks like that "emergency door" would go into the crew area in the back corner of Alfredo's.

5693780420_ed33fe58eb_z.jpg

I was on the Grand TA and I can assure you that passage is still the same; through the art gallery.

I was on the Grand TA and I can assure you that passage is still the same; through the art gallery.

Sorry for being thick-headed. Are you saying that if I was in starboard side P329 on Plaza Deck I cannot use that corridor, that to access the atrium you have to go forward and then back through the art gallery?

Sorry for being thick-headed. Are you saying that if I was in starboard side P329 on Plaza Deck I cannot use that corridor, that to access the atrium you have to go forward and then back through the art gallery?
That appears to be the case. It is the same with a room on the port side such as P328 where they can't exit through the IC but must go forward and ext through the Art Gallery except in an emergency.

That appears to be the case. It is the same with a room on the port side such as P328 where they can't exit through the IC but must go forward and ext through the Art Gallery except in an emergency.

Thanks. I remember cruising once before where there was a similar situation. There was a large heavy fire door at the end of the hall that would have normally lead to the atrium and was for emergency use only.

Yep. There is no more corridor; corridor has been replaced by pizza ovens. :D

When they were doing the Grand dry dock they had a short video on Alfredo's. It appeared that it was going to be kind of frou-frou pizza. Are they still going to have the regular pizza on the pool deck?

I don't think it makes much sense to have two pizza places, but sometimes I enjoy just being able to grab a slice when I'm sitting on deck.:o

When they were doing the Grand dry dock they had a short video on Alfredo's. It appeared that it was going to be kind of frou-frou pizza. Are they still going to have the regular pizza on the pool deck?

I don't think it makes much sense to have two pizza places, but sometimes I enjoy just being able to grab a slice when I'm sitting on deck.:o

When I cruised Sun Princess back in the late 90's she had a nice pizza restaurant in the atrium on Dolphin Deck. The more authentic style pizza was better than what they served on the Lido Deck and the view overlooking the atrium was great for people watching.

Yes, Prego pizza is still available by the pool. The new Alfredo's is not designed as a 'fast food' pizza place, it's a sit down restaurant serving full size pizza.

On the Grand the last couple of weeks it was used a lot during the lunchtime period, but looked fairly quiet during the evenings.

The ventilation round Alfredo's is very good, there was virtually no pizza smell through the Piazza that I could notice.

• 1 month later...
Is it only Pizza? Do they have calzones or pasta as well? I've been searching the Princess website but no information on Alfredo's menu, thanks

Pizza only; no other food. And not slices; whole 12" pies only. The choices are:

Capricciosa

Romana

Tarantina

Vegetariana

Grand Princess

Is it only Pizza? Do they have calzones or pasta as well? I've been searching the Princess website but no information on Alfredo's menu, thanks

Pizza only...baked to order. You can get from the International cafe, a Greek salad or shrimp salad and bring it with you to Alfredos as a side dish. One tip...the Pizzas are huge...one is enough between two...unless you're a BIG eater!!

We loved the International cafe on the Grand in June.

Hello - I'm new to Princess.

Any extra charges for Alfredos Pizza or the salads at International cafe? I do know fancy coffees are extra fee items.

Thanks.

Linda

No charge for pizza or IC salads, but if you want something to drink with your pizza (soda, beer, wine, etc.), that's extra.

Archived