San francisco hotels

Milwaukeeee

For hotels I would go to http://www.tripadviser.com

Some places to visit include Alcatraz (purchase tickets ahead of time as the tours well out), Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 (it touristy but fun), Ghirardelli Square, Ferry Building,

Chinatown and the Gateway Arch, Washington Square, andJapanese Tea Garden.

There is a countless of other attractions.

This is one place where I would pick up a book or do research on line such as at http://www.frommers.com

You can carve this out in a logical manner to maximize what you see. For example, if you did go to visit Alcatraz Island afterwards you could easily visit Fisherman's Wharf, the Ferry Building and Ghirardelli Square.

Also, be sure to ride the cable car.

Keith

There's a Sheraton, Hilton, Hyatt, and Holiday Inn @ Fisherman's Wharf close by the cruise terminal (such as it is). 2 of the 3 cable car lines turn around there, which will take you thru Chinatown, Nob Hill, and eventually to Union Square (shopping district).

Last time we went to San Francisco we stayed in the Executive hotel Vintage Court . It's a boutique hotel that includes a continental breakfast & an evening wine tasting . The location is great . You can walk to Chinatown & the trolley stops at the corner plus it's an easy walk to Union Square .

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on North Point @ Fisherman's Wharf area

there is a Sheraton & BW on the same street

We walked to Pier 35 with our rolling luggage

Lots of eating places close by

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. Cruise Critic always has the best readers and you are all so quick to help. We won't be in San Francisco after all. I made a mistake, it's San Diego where our ship docks. Thanks anyway, maybe someone else can take advantage of your advice.

Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. Cruise Critic always has the best readers and you are all so quick to help. We won't be in San Francisco after all. I made a mistake, it's San Diego where our ship docks. Thanks anyway, maybe someone else can take advantage of your advice.

Last year in San Diego I stayed at the Marriott on the marina. It was a great location walking distance to shops and restaurants.

Last year in San Diego I stayed at the Marriott on the marina. It was a great location walking distance to shops and restaurants.

Thanks Marie. Did you do anything special while there? We've never been there and other than the famous zoo I don't know what to "not miss". :)

Thanks Marie. Did you do anything special while there? We've never been there and other than the famous zoo I don't know what to "not miss". :)

I wasn't there very long and mostly hung out at the shopping center right there at the marina. I did take a dinner cruise around the bay. It included dinner and an evening cruise but for $90/pp it was lame. Nothing compares to being on a cruise ship.

Bubba Gumps at Fisherman's Wharf!

It has the best food ever. You can view their menu online if you're interested. :)

LOVE! Buba Gumps, in spite of it being a "chain restaurant".

Archived