Something new??

LHT28

I was reading a recent review on the Nautica & the person noted that the menus for the GDR are now included in the Currents newsletter

Is this something new or just specific to the Nautica?

Lyn

I was reading a recent review on the Nautica & the person noted that the menus for the GDR are now included in the Currents newsletter

Is this something new or just specific to the Nautica?

On Regatta in May both the dinner and lunch menus were delivered with the Currents at turn-down.

On Regatta in May both the dinner and lunch menus were delivered with the Currents at turn-down.

What category cabin did you have?

They often deliver them in PH and up, seldom in lower category cabins.

What category cabin did you have?

They often deliver them in PH and up, seldom in lower category cabins.

Paul the reviewer was in a B1 cabin so that is why I wondered

i had a special meal request & got the menu early in the morning to choose my dinner I would have preferred getting it the night before

It is hard to decide when you just wake up & rushing to breakfast before they close what you want for dinner:D

Lyn

On the Natica this past march, The preview menu was waiting for us at turn down when we got back to our cabin. We found this most helpful,if we didnt care what was for diner the next night i would make reservations in either the Polo Grill or Toscana.

We're traveling on Regata the end of November and will look forward to seeing the menus to plan the next day. Did not experience it on Marina either. Good going O! Kay

why not, like other lines, just put the menus on tv?

:rolleyes:

I think that is a great idea!

Just think of how much paper (and ink) they will save by not printing these every day for every cabin on the Marina alone (probably a whole forest in a year).

If nothing else, they could include it on the daily morning TV show with a close up shot of the menu untill they develop a way to put it on regularly.

I think that is a great idea!

Just think of how much paper (and ink) they will save by not printing these every day for every cabin on the Marina alone (probably a whole forest in a year).

If nothing else, they could include it on the daily morning TV show with a close up shot of the menu untill they develop a way to put it on regularly.

I agree Paul, TV is a much greener way to go about it.

When we were on Azamara Journey, they had menus for the MDR and both specialty restaurants for the entire cruise available on the in-room TV. It was very easy to scroll thru the various dates, read the menu and then plan where to dine each nite. One of the (very few) ways that Azamara was better than Oceania. ;);)

I really ,like this as a first time cruiser on Oceania....makes planning the next days meals so much simpler.

Makes you wonder why people are so anxious to make specialty restaurant reservations so far in advance.......

Makes you wonder why people are so anxious to make specialty restaurant reservations so far in advance.......

In all fairness, it also relates to your scheduled tours (private and otherwise), sea days vs port days, times of ship's departure, etc, etc, etc - not just the menus.

Just returned from Frontiers and Glaciers cruise on the Regatta. We had an "F" category cabin (inside) and received the lunch and dinner menus each evening.

It was a good improvement from our Nautica cruise in 2009.

Go Oceania!

Well, we have made our specialty reservations in advance based on days we selected as best for us...those can be changed if necessary...it's getting the times in those restaurants that work best for you. We have a PH category cabin, we made reservations on the first day availabel to book, we asked for sharing on our dates and we pretty much had to take 6:30 or 8PM...not a lot to choose from in my opinion. We were totally open to either restaurant on the dates we selected. It all works out in the end and we can always eat in our cabin from those menus as well.

Archived