Wearing your Pin.

hb1491

My wife and I went to a formal event with some co-workers and I forgot my pin was still on my jacket until she asked my why I was wearing that ridicules pen? :eek:

Have a question for you:

How did you get the "Captain Circle Platinum" logo in your signature?

I've never worn a pin. I don't believe I ever got an elite pin. Half the time I don't get a destination sticker which I actually used to collect until they mostly stopped giving them to me. I recall a thread once where someone said people who wore their cruise cards on a lanyard were flaunting their status. I'd never once thought of that. LOL. I'm just forgetful and like having my card around my neck. Nerdy, but it works. I do appreciate my Princess perks, though, and keep coming back.

Holland America used to give little tiles. I have a few of those

WCC

Yeah, those were cool...and useful. When I carry my coffee to the bedside table, I put it down on the Westerdam.

There is a bit of a status thing associated with it but it's more a proud to be a part of the Princess family.

The difference between "customer" and "family member" is that family members don't get thrown out of their bedrooms as soon as they stop paying the rent. :rolleyes:

Now that I've turned platinum, I plan on getting a T-shirt made up that says, "I've spent a bunch of money on Princess cruises, so I'm special." ;)

Hiya

OK confession time........ On past cruises i have always attached my key card to one of the Princess neck lanyards, as I am usually wearing shorts whilst on board. I personally do not like to have anything in my pockets. I have found that the lanyard with key card can blow around quite a bit whilst you are on deck.

Sooooooooo for next year, I have made a neck lanyard from paracord and mounted my Gold and Platinum pins on it. The naval knot work I have also tied onto the lanyard gives it a little weight, the pins decoration. My intention was to make this as a heavier alternative to the Princess produced lanyard. Anyway, I know it's sad.

Ah........... something else I don't have. Destination stamps. I have never kept even one of them. I know where I'm going, I know where I've been, and my husband has videoed and/or photographed everything. Endlessly. :D

Great memories, though, right Pia? The hard part is picking the "favorites" for a DVD of your trip. I've learned to edit quite severly before sharing with friends/family, lest we provoke a yawn fest!:D

Great memories, though, right Pia? The hard part is picking the "favorites" for a DVD of your trip. I've learned to edit quite severly before sharing with friends/family, lest we provoke a yawn fest!:D

He does edit all of the video and now the new thing is to transfer it all on to DVD's. Nobody want to see it; nobody ever asks. Not friends, not family.......... nobody. Even I don't look at it. :)

He does edit all of the video and now the new thing is to transfer it all on to DVD's. Nobody want to see it; nobody ever asks. Not friends, not family.......... nobody. Even I don't look at it. :)

:D I'm the camera/video bug in my family and my DH doesn't care to watch our memories, either! His comment is "I was there, remember?" :D

I enjoy running through the memories on a rainy day every once in a while. I have found them to jog my memory to say..."Oh, yea, I forgot we did that on that island on that cruise."

Our oldest granddaughter is the only one that expressed an interest about our cruises. Now she wants us to take her with us. Maybe in another year or two. :)

Cute story about the pins and cards.

We were boarding the Sea Princess in Fort Lauderdale after a power outage and we were sent to a different check in area and had to wait a very long time. A huge line formed outside as it was a very disorganized and late emabarkation and there was no interior area at the check in. Elites and Platinum members went to the front area of the line.

We arrived ealy so we were towards the front of the large line. All of a sudden, a little old couple arriving late, but before they began check in, wearing their Elite pins and waving their Elite black cards, made their way through all of the passengers in line until they were first in line. Now keep in mind, with this crazy embarkation, passengers had been standing in line for several hours. So, as they waved their black card to get to the head of the line, never paying attention to anyone elses dirty looks when someone yelled out loudly "do they think they are the only Platinum/Elite passengers onboard this sailing". The entire group began to laugh and the older couple just stuck their noses up in the air and stood at the front of the line never saying a word to anyone.

Only time I have run into this, but we all just let them go ahead, as they seemed like the arrogant type that might start problems if confronted. Funniest thing I have ever seen at embarkation, and it still gives me a chuckle when I think about it. :D

Not sure but I think our pins both gold and platinum are somewhere in the bottem of a dresser drawer, I should really look sometime I guess. Don't ware them on cruise , don't take them along. But hubby did actually use his platinum one once , tie tack broke and he used that as a quick fix, worked. But do like the other perks, the internet especially. :)

Cori

We once had a lady at our table who wore here pin quite proudly. However, I don't have a clue where mine are and I think DW had me cut the pin off the backs of hers so she could put them in in a scrapbook.

Cute story about the pins and cards.

We were boarding the Sea Princess in Fort Lauderdale after a power outage and we were sent to a different check in area and had to wait a very long time. A huge line formed outside as it was a very disorganized and late emabarkation and there was no interior area at the check in. Elites and Platinum members went to the front area of the line.

We arrived ealy so we were towards the front of the large line. All of a sudden, a little old couple arriving late, but before they began check in, wearing their Elite pins and waving their Elite black cards, made their way through all of the passengers in line until they were first in line. Now keep in mind, with this crazy embarkation, passengers had been standing in line for several hours. So, as they waved their black card to get to the head of the line, never paying attention to anyone elses dirty looks when someone yelled out loudly "do they think they are the only Platinum/Elite passengers onboard this sailing". The entire group began to laugh and the older couple just stuck their noses up in the air and stood at the front of the line never saying a word to anyone.

Only time I have run into this, but we all just let them go ahead, as they seemed like the arrogant type that might start problems if confronted. Funniest thing I have ever seen at embarkation, and it still gives me a chuckle when I think about it. :D

Hmmmmmmmmm........ I could name a name of who would do that. And you can too. ;)

never have or intend wearing our elite pins and cant understand why folks wear their cards round their neck ,does it really matter all said and done were all enjoying the sea witch:D

Because if I didn't I'd be at the PSD twice a day getting a new key card. Some people carry purses, or wear fanny packs or neck pouches. I just wear a lanyard unto I change for dinner. I did it when had a blue card- it has nothing to do with Captains Circle level.

never have or intend wearing our elite pins and cant understand why folks wear their cards round their neck ,does it really matter all said and done were all enjoying the sea witch:D

Some will say it's convenient to wear your card hanging from your neck and that mey well be but I suspect it is more of a prestige thing for many. I have a small leather card case that I got on Celebrity a few years back and my cruise card stays in there until needed.

Captain Ron, I have, in fact, had my pins snapped off and the button bits put into the kind of settings they use for making coins into pendants. I wear one of them as a necklace all day and every day ...... EXCEPT when I'm on a cruise!

It's started up some great conversations with strangers who recognise the sea witch and share a few reminiscences.

ibraSU

Some will say it's convenient to wear your card hanging from your neck and that mey well be but I suspect it is more of a prestige thing for many. I have a small leather card case that I got on Celebrity a few years back and my cruise card stays in there until needed.

Definitely not prestige for us. Just convenience.

Well, if you knew anything about women's clothing, you'd know why: no pockets to accommodate a card in most skirts/bathing suit coverups/dresses, or a pocket not deep enough to insure said card will not fall out.

I just located my pins along with the welcome letters from the Captain's Circle, not only that, I located my "silver" medal with the Princess logo.

i think i'll wear my pins and my medal when boarding the ship next week.

LOL:D

Archived