Best way to get from SeaTac Airport to pier 91

oldmamma52

Does anyone have experience with the best transportation from SeaTac Airport to Pier 91 where the MS Westerdam will be for my cruise in September? Now that I have changed my airline flight to arrive at approx 7 am and the ship leaves port at 4:00 pm, I am wondering about the area of the pier, if there are places to eat and something to look at, or should we hang out at the airport until half an hour before boarding time?? By the way, how soon can we board the ship? OOOOOOHHHH so many questions. I have not received my packet in the mail yet which will most likely answer all these things. thank you all again. :confused:

I would not recommend hanging out at the airport; there's not much to do once you exit the secure area. It's boring!

It's so early, that not much will be open yet downtown. You could consider getting a day room at a hotel and take a cab there. I don't know what time boarding will be. Usually around 11:00? You might want to ask this on the HAL board.

Does anyone have experience with the best transportation from SeaTac Airport to Pier 91 where the MS Westerdam will be for my cruise in September? Now that I have changed my airline flight to arrive at approx 7 am and the ship leaves port at 4:00 pm, I am wondering about the area of the pier, if there are places to eat and something to look at, or should we hang out at the airport until half an hour before boarding time?? By the way, how soon can we board the ship? OOOOOOHHHH so many questions. I have not received my packet in the mail yet which will most likely answer all these things. thank you all again. :confused:

If you read the first and last part of my review under PRINCESS, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1435396 you will see pictures of PIER 91There are no restaurants anywhere near the port and really nothing to see. We left our hotel at 10:30am for Pier 91. We used SHUTTLE EXPRESS to get us to the Pier.

Get off the plane and then grab a cup of coffee or bagle BEFORE you go through security, get your luggage. Your luggage will be waiting for you at baggage claim. Go to your mode of transporation you select. We had to get a luggage cart and go over to the parking garage to get our ride on SHUTTLE EXPRESS. Try to get to the pier no earlier than 10:30. By 9:30 which is when we left the pier after our cruise, there were still lots of people at the pier leaving. The ride from the airport to the pier can vary.. about 20-30 minutes.

If you like to people watch, you can be at the pier early and have a good time watching everyone....

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The Westerdam is a great ship.

Pier 91 -- we use a limo service.

There is nothing at Pier 91.

Boarding for the Westerdam begins around 11:30 -- with HAL's new policy -- once you are on the ship you can go directly to your cabin and drop off your carry-ons and then go to lunch.

• 3 years later...
If you read the first and last part of my review under PRINCESS, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1435396 you will see pictures of PIER 91There are no restaurants anywhere near the port and really nothing to see. We left our hotel at 10:30am for Pier 91. We used SHUTTLE EXPRESS to get us to the Pier.

Get off the plane and then grab a cup of coffee or bagle BEFORE you go through security, get your luggage. Your luggage will be waiting for you at baggage claim. Go to your mode of transporation you select. We had to get a luggage cart and go over to the parking garage to get our ride on SHUTTLE EXPRESS. Try to get to the pier no earlier than 10:30. By 9:30 which is when we left the pier after our cruise, there were still lots of people at the pier leaving. The ride from the airport to the pier can vary.. about 20-30 minutes.

If you like to people watch, you can be at the pier early and have a good time watching everyone....

There is a restaurant a short cab ride over. We dropped our luggage off at the ship, then met my family who lives in WA for a very nice long lunch then back to the ship. I found it on Google map,

Palisade ,Elliott Bay Marina, 2601 West Marina Place, Seattle, WA 98199

It's actually a long walk. I'm doing it again this year. We didn't go into the top level expensive restaurant, the lower level faces the water. Burgers etc. Hate to pay for lunch when you are getting on a ship, but it was sort of a family reunion with lots of siblings.

We would recommend Seattle Express from the airport although our experience with shuttle express was okay. You just had to wait longer and it was more expensive. Problem with Pier 99 is that it is the pier farthest away from downtown so you can't easily walk there. I would just get to the port and wait around until you can board and then go enjoy the ship.