5-day cruises

Jaylie

Is it possible to take a 5-day cruise to the Eastern Or Western Caribbean? My husband and I did the 4-day Disney Bahama cruise last year, and we are looking for different destinations. We live on the northeast, but are fine departing from Florida. Thanks for any help.

We are taking a 5 day Western Carribean cruise in December out of Tampa. Carnival, they also have 5 day Western Trips out of New Orleans and Galveston I believe.

Carnival also does 5 day eastern's from Miami for sure.

RCCL does a 5 day cruise out of Tampa to the w CAR as well.

5 Days tend to be 2 ports and 2 seadays and then the "travel day".

We are considering the 5-day out of Miami on the Carnival Destiny - goes to Half Moon Cay (Carnival/HAL private island - supposed to be a REALLY nice beach), Nassau and Grand Turk. This is a great beach itinerary for a 5-day. The Carnival Miracle does the same three stops out of NY. You can use the custom search feature on *************.com and find every possible cruise you can think of. I use it all the time. Good Luck!

My sister and I took a great 5 night cruise out of either Fort Lauderdale in 2009 on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas - we stopped at Key West, Cozumel, Belize and their private island. I like port intensive cruises so this was perfect. I'm guessing they still have the same itinerary available but I haven't checked recently.

My apologies! Had no idea this forum was so sensitive! ************* is the referenced site. last time, hope this one comes through!

It's against the community rules to mention any travel agent, website or PVPs full name and contact information. The system automatically scans for those names and inserts the ***

You can sometimes get away with it by saying I checked on T dot com's website or E dot com, but that could always get blocked too.

Unless you are driving (obviously not), I would not do Galveston. It is pretty pricey to get from the Houston airport (Bush or Hobby) to Galveston and back. You might try New Orleans, especially since you could combine it with a few days in NOLA. There are also 4 day cruises. It is usually two 5-day cruises and one 4-day cruise, making a 2 week period. I know Carnival departs Galveston and New Orleans on Monday, Saturday, and Thursday. The 5-day cruise usually goes to Cozumel and one other not-so-great port like Progreso. The 4-day usually just goes to Cozumel.

Note that you really cannot save any vacation time by doing a 5-day cruise. If you depart on Monday, you are gone Monday-Friday anyway. If you depart Saturday, you really should fly down Friday, so you are gone Friday-Thursday. So, I would recommend a 7-day cruise that departs on Sunday, unless you are planning to spend some time in the departure port too. Fly in on Saturday and spend the night in the departure city, then fly back Sunday afternoon. If you really want to see some great ports, try a 7-day Southern Caribbean from Puerto Rico.

Archived