Oasis - Boardwalk vs Central Park cabin

Getting ready to call the TA and make the plunge for the Oasis and need some input. On this ship I 've believe I've settled on either a Boardwalk View with balcony or and Central Park View with balcony. Need peoples inputs both good and bad.

I like the Boardwalk View cabin because can see the Aqua theater and look out the back of the ship. Plus it's $300. cheaper. But have heard it can be noisy during the aqua show.

The Park View cabin seems to have more to look at from your cabin but have heard it gets hot during the day.

Comments please.

Dave

My daughter and friend have a Central Park balcony and my wife and I have a Boardwalk balcony-- in the aft for this week's Allure. I fully expect to enjoy the water view and AquaTheatre more than my daughter's view. Surprised to hear of the pricing. My Boardwalk (way in the back) costs much more than the Central Park...

We had a Boardwalk Balcony (cabin 12717) on Oasis and absolutely loved it! We could see the ocean and the Aquatheater and watch the Johnny Rockets dancers. We liked it so much we have booked a similar cabin on the Allure in November. I would only book a Central Park Balcony if the price were significantly lower, otherwise, definitely Boardwalk. Enjoy your cruise!

if you go to bed early and are a light sleeper, the noise from the aqua show and boardwalk activities might bother you. I sleep like a log, and loved the boardwalk cabin. I suppose I would be fine in a CP balcony, but I found the B balcony to be fun with a nice mix of people watching, aqua theater watching while still seeing some ocean.

The late evening shows can definitely be heard in the room ... especially if the bed is near your balcony door. I also found it annoying sitting on my boardwalk balcony and having people scream as they passed over me on the zip line. It was quiet for the first few days, then one person started screaming, and it seemed like after that, everyone did.

Nothing was horrible about the boardwalk balcony, but noise can definitely be an issue for several different reasons.

If I had the choice between those two cabins, I'd be inclined to go with the Boardwalk Balcony cabin. I did a Central Park View cabin (no balcony) and found it to be very boring. There wasn't that much to watch out the window, but I would imagine that the Boardwalk has more stuff going on.

I'm reading most are saying Boardwalk.

We just had friends get off Oasis about a month ago and they said they would NEVER book the Boardwalk balcony again as the noise comming from the Boardwalk was too noisy period, not just during shows, but all times of the day/evening.

Personally, I would want a balcony looking out on the ocean. The last thing I want to see is other passengers sitting out on their balcony. ;)

Tim

The water view is awesome!

Really? Well, compared to an interior room perhaps. But having stayed in a BV once, I'd choose oceanview without balcony over either BV or CV.

BV vs. CV .. at least you can see the water from BV. CV would be quieter in the evening, but subject to noise from the pool deck during the day.

We play hard while cruising and are rarely in the cabin. We loved the CP balcony because it is such a peaceful place to sit for a few minutes and unwind at the end of the day (with a few Cafe Promenade cookies). We've had a CP balcony twice and booked one again for the Allure in October. I will be on the Oasis with my fifteen-year-old granddaughter next June and prefer a Boardwalk balcony that time because I think she would enjoy all of the action. Everybody's situation is different, and our needs differ from cruise to cruise.

most definately Boardwalk - (as said above- as far aft as possible) --- Central park is like being in a hotel courtyard - pretty boring -... at least on Boardwalk you can have great views of the aqua shows and some glimpses of ocean.

We had a boardwalk balcony also, it was way to noisy for us. I was really disappointed. I thought with the door closed it would be quiet. But not when the shows are going on in the Aqua theatre. I also really missed the full ocean view of having a regular balcony. My friend had a central park balcony and she said it was noisy also, the noise from the pool deck echo's down into central park. If money was an issue I would get an inside or ocean view if I couldn't get an ocean view balcony.

We had a Central Park balcony on deck 10 and enjoyed it. It was a quiet place to sit and watch the world walk by below. We did not find the noise from the pool deck to be a problem. I did miss seeing the ocean from my balcony, but this balcony was $300.00 cheaper than an ocean side balcony.

With the Boardwalk balcony, you could lean out and see the ocean at the stern of the ship. I always liked the view to the water theater and ocean while on the Boardwalk. It would have to be louder with the water theater performances and movies/sports they show on the big screens there. But that might be a perk, too. On sea days, the zipline is busy unless it is too window to run it.

Deck 10 was a good location. We were down far enough from the pool deck and up from two decks from Central Park.

Whichever you select, you won't be in your room too much, anyway.

Thanks for all of the replies. They were a big help. Called my TA for my September booking and unfortunately all B category rooms for Boardwalk deck 10 and 11 were booked. Closest I could get to aft was cabin 9711. So confirmed that, flights taken care of and now need to start working on finalizing plans to reserve shows, restaurants and excursions. Boy, quiet a bit more homework to do in sailing Oasis/Allure. Been spoiled with sailing RCCL so many times and routine the same.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Dave

Thanks for all of the replies. They were a big help. Called my TA for my September booking and unfortunately all B category rooms for Boardwalk deck 10 and 11 were booked. Closest I could get to aft was cabin 9711. So confirmed that, flights taken care of and now need to start working on finalizing plans to reserve shows, restaurants and excursions. Boy, quiet a bit more homework to do in sailing Oasis/Allure. Been spoiled with sailing RCCL so many times and routine the same.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Dave

I hope you enjoy the boardwalk balcony. If you'd like to be on deck 10 or 11, keep an eye out for cabins to open up. I have picked up good cabins that way.

Archived