Voyager of the Seas booking

I'm checking everyday.

I also just checked my crown and anchor account for the first time in ages as they have changed it a bit and found out I'm platinum.

Not quite sure what it means but it sounds good.

Paul

I'm checking everyday.

I also just checked my crown and anchor account for the first time in ages as they have changed it a bit and found out I'm platinum.

Not quite sure what it means but it sounds good.

Platinum's second level. Doesn't have too many benefits... but you did get a lapel pin, which you can wear beside scurvy's badges. :D

Its a shame that the Voyager only really does One south pacific cruise, and even that doesn't look very inviting, you only go to Noumea and Fiji, and its only 9 nights

I think in that case....the ship becomes the destination.

What a disappointment the Voyager schedule is!!!! Why on earth did they pick some of those destinations? Is it because they don't like tendering or can only get into docked ports rather than bays? Honestly the South Pacific 9 nights sounds terrible. They couldn't have picked two more boring, pointless ports (except perhaps for Suva). Anyone that has been to these places before usually doesn't need to return. Why didn't they at least pick Vila as one of the ports instead of Lautoka or Noumea. Most past cruisers are happy to spend another day in Vila.

The 8 night Tasmania one probably appeals to me the most. Although I've been to Tassie numerous times it's a lovely place and with the overnights it gives you plenty of time to enjoy the ship. Also the Asia Repositioning's are OK but unless you live in WA it's an expensive exercise adding on a one way flight to Perth then another one way from Singapore.

Happy we went with Solstice now.

Also the Asia Repositioning's are OK but unless you live in WA it's an expensive exercise adding on a one way flight to Perth then another one way from Singapore. Happy we went with Solstice now.

The Solstice cruise from Singapore to Sydney is looking better and better.

I think the same way about the Voyager cruise ending in Perth. Long and expensive to fly back home from there.

Huge disappointment. Just same, same but, different. i.e different = ship. Seems like there will be a lot of ships doing the same ole boring ports.

I would have to agree I am disappointed with the schedules.

Why so many cruises from Sydney?

Don't they know that Melbourne (which over the years I am beginning to like more and more when I visit) and Brisbane and Adelaide exist????

As for Perth, well we've got a couple starting from here but none at the right time for me.

WHY SYDNEY ALL THE TIME?????

I am still going to book a cruise on the Voyager though, we have waited a long time for a ship like this to come here.

The Solstice looks good too but I've got 2 young boys and reckon that the Voyager would be best for them

Paul

Yes, disappointing.

Did you notice -

*Please note: Dates, durations, itineraries and exact ports of call are all subject to change at any time."

I wonder if the powers that be know the variety of excursions which could be done with an overnight port of call in Brisbane -

• Gold Coast - beaches
  • Gold Coast - hinterland
  • Sunshine Coast - beaches
  • Sunshine Coast - hinterland
  • Australia Zoo
  • Moreton Island
  • Stradbroke Island
  • in addition to Brisbane and its bayside suburbs.

Yes, disappointing.

Did you notice -

*Please note: Dates, durations, itineraries and exact ports of call are all subject to change at any time."

I wonder if the powers that be know the variety of excursions which could be done with an overnight port of call in Brisbane -

• Gold Coast - beaches
  • Australia Zoo
  • Moreton Island
  • Stradbroke Island

Yes I am disappointed too, was wanting to do a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas Dec 2012, but no cruises to New Zealand.

You have to wonder what these people are that come up with these cruises, obviously seating in Florida behind a computer and coming up with short cruises, that bring more bucks in.

We have no desires to go on the Voyager of the Seas, as it me that would be like going to Surfers Paradise.

We will just have to wait and see what Holland America come out with.

With all these new ships coming to Aus it is so disappointing that none of the new ones are sailing from Melbourne:(

We would love to sail from our home port but not on the Dawn !!

Yes, disappointing.

Did you notice -

• Gold Coast - beaches
  • Australia Zoo
  • Moreton Island
  • Stradbroke Island

Even better for visitors from overseas if they BASED one of these in Brisbane.

At peak times we have to fly to pick up a cruise in Australia anyway, we would welcome a pre cruise stay in Queensland, we are a bit fed up with Sydney.

Paul

At peak times we have to fly to pick up a cruise in Australia anyway, we would welcome a pre cruise stay in Queensland, we are a bit fed up with Sydney.Paul

It might be a bit easier one day. Got a feeling there may be something coming in Botany Bay. Then you will just get off the plane and take a shuttle to the shipl:D

Hi,

As much as I would love to do the Xmas/New Year on the voyager, I probably won't want to go to NZ again. I am very interested in the Perth to Singapore in March 2013. I really want to go on the Voyager, but I also want to go somewhere I haven't been yet.

Deidre.

Some answers as received from friends/colleagues who work for these cruise lines....

Melbourne has not been a huge success as a embarkation port as too many sea days are required to get to/from the South Pacific ports. It seems many Melbournites prefer taking the flight to Sydney in oder to take shorter cruises but still visit the same ports.

Brisbane is ideally placed for the South Pacific ports but does not have the population to fill more than one or possibly two ships each year.

Newcastle has been dropped as their cruises did not fill because its too claose to Sydney.

Port fees make regular overnight stops at Australian ports very expensive and whilst the foreign passengers might like a day at Surfers, Aussie passengers generally prefer foreign ports.

Voyager is hamstrung by size and in particular her draft. Some of the current ships already get within about a metre of the bottom in some ports and obviously the much greater size and weight of Voyager means she sits deeper, I gather just too deep for some local ports unless you consider an hours tender ride in each direaction acceptable. I am told that RCCL has paid quite a premium to get Voyager into the Intl Terminal at the Quay and she will have to be backed in by tug each time.

Sydney will always get the bigger choice as its the largest city, the city most tourists want to visit, the only one with currently three and potentially four cruise berths and the port most accessible by flights. And sailing out the Heads past the Bridge, the Opera House and Fort Denison is always going to be more popular thatn the Brisbane River or Port Phillip.

I am told that the NZ cruises are getting harder to fill as they are currently oversupplied by just about every line so the lines are looking for alternatives. I think that considering her port limitations there are a couple of really good Voyager itineraries. The 9 nights to just Noumea and Lautoka would be great if you're one who prefers At Sea days. The 14 nights Noumea, Fiji, North Is NZ combo is a ripper. I'm just sad her Xmas/New year stuff is NZ, same as just about everybody else, although Radiance is doing a Nth Qld thats nice.

We'd all like to see new destinations added but there are just not that many left untried without lengthening the cruise durations and our ex-Aust cruises are already amongst the longest in the world.

We'd all like to see new destinations added but there are just not that many left untried without lengthening the cruise durations and our ex-Aust cruises are already amongst the longest in the world

Yes but what the US Lines fail to realise is that Aussie's / Kiwi's get 20 days annual leave per year unlike Americans that only get 10 days. So most of us actual want to holiday for 14 days at a time rather than the typical 7 days cruises Americans do. My personal MINIMUM cruise length is 10 days. Anything less I don't feel like it's long enough.

I think there are plenty of untapped ports around here that could be done in a 14 day itinerary. Even if they started in one port and ended in another (say Sydney to Perth via Cairns, Darwin & Broome) with a packaged flight / hotel combo. They just need to start thinking outside the square!

Some answers as received from friends/colleagues who work for these cruise lines....

Melbourne has not been a huge success as a embarkation port as too many sea days are required to get to/from the South Pacific ports. It seems many Melbournites prefer taking the flight to Sydney in oder to take shorter cruises but still visit the same ports.

Brisbane is ideally placed for the South Pacific ports but does not have the population to fill more than one or possibly two ships each year.

Newcastle has been dropped as their cruises did not fill because its too claose to Sydney.

Port fees make regular overnight stops at Australian ports very expensive and whilst the foreign passengers might like a day at Surfers, Aussie passengers generally prefer foreign ports.

Voyager is hamstrung by size and in particular her draft. Some of the current ships already get within about a metre of the bottom in some ports and obviously the much greater size and weight of Voyager means she sits deeper, I gather just too deep for some local ports unless you consider an hours tender ride in each direaction acceptable. I am told that RCCL has paid quite a premium to get Voyager into the Intl Terminal at the Quay and she will have to be backed in by tug each time.

Sydney will always get the bigger choice as its the largest city, the city most tourists want to visit, the only one with currently three and potentially four cruise berths and the port most accessible by flights. And sailing out the Heads past the Bridge, the Opera House and Fort Denison is always going to be more popular thatn the Brisbane River or Port Phillip.

I am told that the NZ cruises are getting harder to fill as they are currently oversupplied by just about every line so the lines are looking for alternatives. I think that considering her port limitations there are a couple of really good Voyager itineraries. The 9 nights to just Noumea and Lautoka would be great if you're one who prefers At Sea days. The 14 nights Noumea, Fiji, North Is NZ combo is a ripper. I'm just sad her Xmas/New year stuff is NZ, same as just about everybody else, although Radiance is doing a Nth Qld thats nice.

We'd all like to see new destinations added but there are just not that many left untried without lengthening the cruise durations and our ex-Aust cruises are already amongst the longest in the world.

Your response makes perfect sense. You can understand why Sydney is so popular, it is the destination the foreign tourists want to go to. And the harbour is just so beautiful.

It is obvious New Zealand has too many cruises, I was told by a travel agent that there will be some bargains to be had next year. Which means we won't be jumping in and booking straight away.

Yes but what the US Lines fail to realise is that Aussie's / Kiwi's get 20 days annual leave per year unlike Americans that only get 10 days. So most of us actual want to holiday for 14 days at a time rather than the typical 7 days cruises Americans do. My personal MINIMUM cruise length is 10 days. Anything less I don't feel like it's long enough.

I think there are plenty of untapped ports around here that could be done in a 14 day itinerary. Even if they started in one port and ended in another (say Sydney to Perth via Cairns, Darwin & Broome) with a packaged flight / hotel combo. They just need to start thinking outside the square!

I agree

Paul

Archived