Just back from Solstice June 19th -1st July any questions

Maz_1

Would love to see copies of Celebrity Today daily newsletter. Are you allowed to post them on this site???

We too would to like see those. And also copies of new drink prices if possible.

Maz, we were on the same sailing and had a GREAT, GREAT cruise as well! I only wish I would have seen a post like this before hand. It's been several years since we had cruised with Celebrity and I could have avoided lugging my alarm clock and night light by asking if they had these in cabins yet.

And feeling really blessed we were able to see Athens :)

Karen

Hi,

Just had the most amazing time on the Solstice sailing from Barcelona June the 19th - 1st of July. If anyone has any questions I will try & answer them. Review will follow.:D

Hi Maz:)

Thanks for taking the time to do this, that's what these boards are about, offering helpful information!

What did you do in Naples? We are trying to decide between Amalfi Coast & Capri, but really leaning towards Capri. Probably going to skip pompeii due to the port intensive itinerary.

Thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, that's what these boards are about, offering helpful information!

What did you do in Naples? We are trying to decide between Amalfi Coast & Capri, but really leaning towards Capri. Probably going to skip pompeii due to the port intensive itinerary.

Thanks again.

Hi,

We went on the Capri tour with the Ship. We met at 7-45 in the Solstice Theatre, you have to go onto the stage to get your tour number (this applies to all of the tours) If a group of you are going & you all want to be on the same coach, 1 person can go onto the stage to get all the passes. We were taken to Capri by ferry (about 1hr away) When we got off the ferry we were taken to Capri & Ano Capri on a smaller tour bus, the view was spectacular on the way up the Moutain. When we were in Ano Capri, we went on the Cable Car. It takes 13mins to get to the top & the view was amazing. It was so peaceful on the Cable Car as well. We had a lovely lunch of canneloni, chicken with salad & french fries & ice cream to finish in a very nice restaurant. We then had time on our own to explore. We all met back at the fumicular at 2.40 to go back down to catch the ferry. We got back to the ship about 5pm. We had a wonderful day.:)

I'm interested in knowing if you tried any tasty mocktails. Any recommendations.

I have a few questions.

1. What was your favourite meal?
  2. What was your favourite part of the ship?
  3. Did you miss anything that you wished you attended?
  4. Were there any giveaways and raffles that I should look out for?
  5. Did you order anything that you didn't enjoy?

many thanks

Maz, we were on the same sailing and had a GREAT, GREAT cruise as well! I only wish I would have seen a post like this before hand. It's been several years since we had cruised with Celebrity and I could have avoided lugging my alarm clock and night light by asking if they had these in cabins yet.

Karen

There are alarm clocks on the Solstice??? Not on the Eclipse. I was very glad I had "lugged" mine along. Actually, it's small and quite portable. :)

There are alarm clocks on the Solstice??? Not on the Eclipse. I was very glad I had "lugged" mine along. Actually, it's small and quite portable. :)

I just set my Blackberry to alarm. And leave a wake up call. Never had a problem with the wake up call being on time.

Carole

I just set my Blackberry to alarm. And leave a wake up call. Never had a problem with the wake up call being on time.

Carole

Well, being of the age where I tend to wake up at least once at night, I like to be able to see what time it is. I know there's a clock in the phone, but that gets banished to the bottom shelf of those silly bedside tables so that more useful stuff can go on the top shelf. And, yes, we did use the wake up call one time, but again, it involved dumpster diving for the phone! :) Not my strong suit early in the morning.

Maz - great to hear you had a fabulous trip. We are doing same on 24 August. A simple question on two...

Did you use X transfers to get to ship / what was embarkation like/ what time were you on ship and sailing away ?

What was Athens like in the light of the troubles that have been going on out there ? Did you to ships tours anywhere or DIY

Malta - never been before, but it's DH's birthplace, so want to get a bus to Mdina and find what was the hospital. So what's Malta like when you get off ship - far to find bus stations ?? (yes - I've looked at the Ports forum, but never managed to find a straightforward answer)

Finally someone has already mentioned it, but what are the drink prices now like - beer / wine by the glass. (we're not on a package)

Glad we've got off the teaching subject now and back to the origins of the thread... your comments and observations are very welcome and any details you can give to my specific questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Fig

Thanks again.

Kitty, on the trip just gone we did Pompeii (thankfully not hot) and Sorrento. The time before I went to Capri and thought the scenery was even more beautiful and well worth a visit. There's a fast ferry service that leaves just next to where the ship docks. It's a small island and gets very busy. For a wonderful view and away from the shoppers go to Anacapri and then a short walk and take the chair lift to the top of Monte Solaro. Spectacular. Taking a small boat inside the Blue Grotto is very interesting too.

2576426240054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

2828286730054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Karen

Athens: have any issues with the protestors and riots ?

Athens: have any issues with the protestors and riots ?

Protesters at the Acropolis with huge banners, flags and chanting. Banners and tenters all over town. Our private guide was very upset about what the young protesters would be doing the next day.

Archived