Rooms with Rollaway Beds-What's the setup?

JRomeo1979

Roll aways are limited.

You may have difficulty having a quad cabin with only 4 people and wanting a rollaway when you don't have 5 people.

Carnival 1-800 number can't guarantee something like that. That would be someone (Hotel Director) on the ship itself who would make that final decision.

I am in a 2 upper and 2 lower, plus rollaway capability? One of the people in the cabin is having difficulty with sleeping atop? I am wondering if a rollaway will be good for them?

Right, you have 4 beds, so if there are no extra rollaways not booked by cabins that need them, then you might be able to get one.

Otherwise one of the people on the two twins will have to climb up there if the other person cannot.

to be honest- with 4 of you in one cabin that rollaway will take up precious floor space.

Its gonna be tight enough without adding to that.

I think you or hubby give up that bottom bed- which gives you more space if the beds are separated to begin with.

2468890870050360393CWawjz_th.jpg

putting the beds together-- you gave up the middle floor space and will have 1 foot on either side of the bed to get in and out of bed- WHICh BTW will be under the upper beds.

We were in a triple with a roll away on the Elation. Wow it was tight. And the roll away was a smaller sized one for our 8 year old. I would definitely try to switch up the beds so the person who has trouble getting up on a bunk can sleep in a twin bed.

We will have a rollaway on Triumph and was curious if they are at all comfortable? My 16 year old will be sleeping on it and he isn't too thrilled about the idea....

on the bright side-- your 16 year old will not be sleeping half his cruise away.

My son, was 6"3 and did not like the roll away- maybe because he started feeling so claustrophobic being in the middle of the two beds- I dont know. we took it away and made a bed on the floor- he slept much better after the first night

I slept on a rollaway with three of us in the room on the Fantasy. The bed was fairly comfortable, not quite as comfortable as a regular bed, but not bad. The problem for us was the space. Yes, wall to wall beds at night, and during the day they folded up the bed but insisted it had to be left in the room. That takes up a lot of precious space! If you don't have to have the rollaway, I wouldn't.

Archived