Best way to get from honolulu airport to pearl harbour

mdouc

:confused:we will be on the carnival spirit, our flight leaves late evening, i want to go from the honolulu airport to pearl harbour, what is the best way??? and i;m new here or i don`t post much but is there a way for me to know if i have any responses(e-mail) or do i just have to check everyday?Thanks!!

The other issue is what time will you be getting to Pearl Harbor. You have to get to Pearl Harbor fairly early. They begin distributing the free tickets for the launches out to the memorial at about 7:30 a.m.. If you are not there until about 10:00 a.m., you won't have launch ticket until early to late afternoon and, on some days, the tender tickets for the whole day are gone by 11:00 a.m. or noon.

So if you don't get to Pearl Harbor until 11:00 a.m., you may not have a ticket to go out to the Memorial until 4:00 pm.. Can you still make your flight?? Also, whatever transportation you take will have to wait with you. No bags of any kind are allowed at Pearl Harbor. They must be left in your bus or car.

I would check with your cruise and see if they have a tour that goes to Pearl Harbor on disembarkation day. Most cruise lines do this. A ships tour takes care of all of the issues about getting launch tickets early enough and taking care of your luggage and bags. A much easier way to go.

Pearl Harbor is more complicated to visit than you would imagine.

I thought I saw lockers on our last trip there. Yep, I just looked it up, there are lockers.

Also, whatever transportation you take will have to wait with you. No bags of any kind are allowed at Pearl Harbor. They must be left in your bus or car.

Best in what way? Taxi, fastest, most convinient. Bus, cheapest.

There are several threads on touring Pearl, if you read back a page or two.

is there a bus at the airport that goes there? our flight will probably be 8pm or later, and i can probably leave our carry ons in lockers at the airport if they have any???

is there a bus at the airport that goes there? our flight will probably be 8pm or later, and i can probably leave our carry ons in lockers at the airport if they have any???

Don't know about lockers at the airport.

On Oahu, the bus service is called TheBus. If you do an internet search, you can see the schedule. The route numbers run together, but I know there is one. It isn't even that far froim the airport to Pearl.

On Oahu, the bus service is called TheBus. If you do an internet search, you can see the schedule. The route numbers run together, but I know there is one. It isn't even that far froim the airport to Pearl.

thanks!!

The lockers I'm talking about are at the Pearl Harbor area.

I thought I saw lockers on our last trip there. Yep, I just looked it up, there are lockers.

Good they put them back. They had taken them out when we were there last year. They took them out during the construction project but there was a rumor that they were not putting them back. Still, I doubt those lockers would hold carry on luggage if you take a taxi from the airport before you flight.

What are you going to do with your regular luggage???? Im not sure who you are flying with but most airlines dont let you check your bags in greater than 4 hrs anymore.

It may be different @HNL(We always checked in last minute:D there) but stateside we have been denied a few times post cruise checking in @ 5hrs pre-flight.

So I would check to make sure you can

That is the resaon we rent a car for the day if we have a late flight out now

What are you going to do with your regular luggage???? Im not sure who you are flying with but most airlines dont let you check your bags in greater than 4 hrs anymore.

It may be different @HNL(We always checked in last minute:D there) but stateside we have been denied a few times post cruise checking in @ 5hrs pre-flight.

Honolulu has several "baggage hold" companies near the airport who will hold your luggage for the day for a minor fee. (then of course you have to pick the luggage up before you check in...another time consumer.)

I can attest to the late check ins at the airport. Some of our group was flying out US Air the day the cruise ended. They got to the ariport around 11:00, only to find that the US Air counter did not open until four or five hours later. They were stuck in the outer terminal with all of their luggage for that time. (and there are not many services available for food outside the security check points...). With most flights from HNL to the mainland not leaving until late afternoon and evening, many of the airlines aren't even open that early.

The OP may want to look at all of these fees... baggage hold, transportation, locker rental, etc. It may well be that a rental car for the day would be the cheaper and easier way to go.

From the airport you can take a #20 bus to PH. http://www.TheBus.org

However, it would be best to consider a tour that will be offered by your cruise ship--that way your luggage would be on the tour bus that will take you to PH and then possibly on a tour of the area (possibly a mini-circle island tour), and then to the airport. Would probably be the most cost effective way.

The lockers at PH are for purses, camera bags, diaper bags, etc., but certainly not for full size luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

ahhh ok! i'll have to find another solution to my problem!

Archived