Hyatt Pier 66. Is it worth the cost??

DISFANS3

Pier 66 is a wonderful but kind-of pricey hotel. The Trip Advisor reviews are very positive:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34227-d120426-r93977579-Hyatt_Regency_Pier_Sixty_Six-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Compare rates with other top rated, 4-star and beach front hotels and then decide. Good luck! :)

Thinking about staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 before cruise. Is it worth the cost?? Like to stay some place nice before cruise. Cruise is next May. Thanks.

Is it worth it to you?

Do I think so for my family? No because I'd rather stay at the Lago Mar if I had to chose.

Is it a nice hotel? Yes, very.

We stayed there last year and it was very nice for $169. But, we're going back this year and it's $369. Decided that no, its not worth it. I know its because of the boat show being that weekend but still, don't think so. In my opinion, the Hilton Marina is nicer. Its booked the weekend we're going, but they connected us with Embassy Suites, so we'lll be there. The view is not nearly as good as the Hyatt or the Marina, but at least we'll be cozy. To answer your question, depends on how much they're wanting for it

Hyatt Pier 66 was one of my really favorite hotels. It's grounds are beautiful and, like Keith1010, I prefer a lanai room overlooking the gardens and the pool, not a tower room. But, the hotel changed ownership, closed the Pier Top Lounge to the public, and as a result, they lost my business. The Pier Top Lounge was the premier place to be to watch the sailings from Port Everglades.

I now try to book the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel which I find to be just as pleasant as the Hyatt. Grounds are not quite as extensive as the Hyatt, but they are quite nice with a lovely beach with the Hyatt does not have. Service at the Marriott is better, I believe, than it was at the Hyatt. And, the food offered in the Marriott's restaurants is better, in my opinion.

Many enjoy Lago Mar; I have not stayed there. The Marriott is just North of Lago Mar.

the Hyatt is very nice but is not on the beach...i liked it, but not as much as the Harbor Beach Marriott which IMO has a more "resorty" feel.....

I wouldn't pay over 150 give or take a few bucks for the Pier 66 but that is just my opinion....i would pay a BIT more than that for the Harbor Beach Marriott. I just think that hotel blows the Hyatt away. That said, I had a few issues with cleanliness at the Hyatt and they were being taken care of immediately after I spoke to the GM.....who was actually in the lobby at check out talking to guests. The staff at the Hyatt was nice, but the service and associates at the Marriott are better....

As for the Hilton...again, MY opinion...but the 3 rooms I was in were all dirty, the property wasn't all that nice and the manager didn't care when I brought several issues to his attention...with photos. (Broken fixtures, dirt, stickers stuck on lamps by prior guests, hairs all over the bathroom, mold around fixtures, etc...)

I really think that since the Hilton gets so many cruisers and lots of rooms booked through the various websites, they just dont really care..

Archived