Great website to help with trip planning

elena7seas

A friend told me about a great website today, and I thought I would share it with you. It was launched in January 2010. Please pardon me if everyone already knows about it, but I had not come across it before and thought that it was kinda cool.

www.historvius.com

"The launch of a unique new website, Historvius, is fusing history and travel like never before. For the first time, people can explore the world's historic sites by holiday resort, period of history or famous figure. Perfect for sightseers and history enthusiasts alike, Historvius makes it fun, free and easier than ever to plan everything from holidays to day trips."

...from....

http://www.archnews.co.uk/featured/4042-a-great-new-website-historvius-is-launched.html

Wow, what a website! May have to rethink some of my itineraries.

Den

Fun, hey?

We're flying out on Sunday to meet the Solstice in Barcelona, and instead of doing a million other important things, here I am playing with this website.:p

Say, Denny, you're up late!

Fun, hey?

We're flying out on Sunday to meet the Solstice in Barcelona, and instead of doing a million other important things, here I am playing with this website.:p

Say, Denny, you're up late!

Yup. Dinner and cards w friends. Now just relaxing before lights out - got to get my fix of my 'addiction'. Told my wife I could be browsing 'other' sites!

Good night to the West Coasters. Wish we were headed to Vancouver - loved it.

Den

Interesting web site, interesting co-incidence. I happened to come across it earlier today when I was researching some history sights for Berlin for our journey next week!

Good night, Den, from Vancouver! :D

I am afraid this website has to come with a serious warning - it is an absolute time robber, I have already spent 90 minutes on it......

And I am hooked, it is excellent and the external links it gives are really good for filling in the gaps. I tested it first by checking out what it had in our home area and it was absolutely spot on and accurate which gives great comfort

Thank goodness the weather is not that good today as I have seen so much I want to look at and thank you for signposting this site, its a great find

A

thank you for the link. It is a fantastic site. Already put the Archeology Museum at Rhodes on my list to visit on my port day.Love the maps and the overhead view of the museum.Love the historical information. I will using this site a lot in the coming weeks. Sailing on Sept 9 to Eastern Med.

Archived