I was very impressed.....

LauraS

• Administrators

......with my Oceania cruise documents! I know, I know...you folks are used to them. But, this being my first Oceania cruise, I was extremely impressed with the presentation. I cruise a great deal, and it has been a LONG LONG time since I've received anything so ::::searching for the word::::: ok, I'll go with it again...impressive!

Guess I liked them :)

Laura

Dear Laura, We will be getting off Marina as you get on. Will try to leave the place "shipshape". If this is your first O cruise, you are in for a wonderful anniversary cruise. Happy anniversary and many more. Pat

Laura, I think you'll continue to be impressed with Oceania. They do things right - not just the big obvious stuff but also the smaller things that others often forget or choose to ignore. And it's the little things that collectively add up to Wow.

Wishing you the best for your special anniversary cruise. :):)

I know the lines are looking for ways to reduce costs, and the cost of mailing the old documents has made most lines stop doing it. It does reduce the whole "feeling" of the event, and for those that spend a decent amount one a cruise, you would think they would want to start it off right.

Oceania really does the whole thing right, as has been said repeatedly, but I don't get most of the other lines (though I suspect the luxury lines are still doing it as well).

Disney does give you a little booklet. Not as fancy as O, but something at least. We had a mini suite on HAL last summer, and I had a pile of computer paper, and those "lovely" home printed luggage tags that I covered with packing tape. The tape was tacky in more ways that one!

Not that I didn't look forward to our other trips, nor that I didn't like them, but I really look forward to getting back on Oceania (and I plan to stay there more!!).

Enjoy your trip and if you like the Marina please do try the smaller "R" ships as well. We were reluctant to cruise and only started in 2008 after our friends "tested" the waters using Oceania. We are now converts and do like the Oceania product. We sailed on the Marina in late May and the smaller ships the previous years. The beds and linens are to die for and so are the malteds.

• Administrators

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to my sailing.

I remember back in '98 receiving a pretty hefty book from Disney prior to my cruise too.

I'm still poking around for shore excursions; I just haven't had time to delve into the ports forum. I keep telling myself to just do it!

I remember back in '98 receiving a pretty hefty book from Disney prior to my cruise too.

I'm still poking around for shore excursions; I just haven't had time to delve into the ports forum. I keep telling myself to just do it!

Don't forget to join the ROLL CALL ;)

enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Hin Laura,

If you like the docs, you will adore the ship!!

Have a great time!!

Jancruz1

Archived