Jewel of the Seas 7092 or 7108??

Looking at the Jewel for Oct 2012. While we rather an aft it only looks like deck 8 has some open and we really don't want that deck. We are looking at either 7092 or 7108. It looks like 7092 is wider and a shade bit deeper and 7108 looks much deeper. Any info on either would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The cabins you listed do not have pictures yet on the Website "Cruise Line Rooms", but maybe you can get some idea with the cabins that do have pictures.

The Website is:

cruise line rooms dot com (this site does not let you link the other site.)

Thanks for the responses but I guess I should have worded my question differently. For those of you who have been in either or both of these cabins which balcony did you like better. Thanks.

Hi Puffinater...

I have been in those staterooms. You will get many different opinions, but here is mine: I like 7092 and the reason is that you can see forward from that balcony. Because of the hump, you will not see forward in 7108. Both balconies are larger than most so that would not concern me.

Hope that helps...Pat :)

Always take aft of the hump if smoke is a problem for you, those hump cabins that jut out seem to catch everyone's smoke that is forward of hump.

If you are a smoker is most likely won't be a problem for you.

Wow , just noticed who posted this question. Puffinater...........I'm guessing the smoke isn't going to effect you. :)

Jimbo:)

Hi Puffinater...

I have been in those staterooms. You will get many different opinions, but here is mine: I like 7092 and the reason is that you can see forward from that balcony. Because of the hump, you will not see forward in 7108. Both balconies are larger than most so that would not concern me.

I had friends that had the cabin directly above 7108. It was "behind the hump" but it was a great cabin with a huge balcony. The view was nice, but as someone else said, you can't see forward.

Always take aft of the hump if smoke is a problem for you, those hump cabins that jut out seem to catch everyone's smoke that is forward of hump.

If you are a smoker is most likely won't be a problem for you.

Wow , just noticed who posted this question. Puffinater...........I'm guessing the smoke isn't going to effect you. :)

Jimbo:)

Thanks for the replies. We are leaning towards 7092 because it is forward of the hump. Good info about the smoke. Not a smoker but not to worried about the smoke. Hope it does not become a factor. Thanks again.

I booked 7108 at the back of the hump for a reason - we will be blocked from the wind ! I really don't care about looking forward .... most of the time we're on the ship (balcony) it's night time anyway.

Considering we are looking at a New England cruise we are rethinking the location. Blocking the wind may make more sense. Thanks.

We had 7092 on radiance in March out of Tampa. Never really noticed the wind, and the balcony is deep enough to put lounge chairs on it (if you can convince your steward to nick them for you.).

I would tend to think deck 8 would be a good choice since you have only rooms below and above you. 8168 and 9256 Aft would be lovely.

If 9256 becomes available I will be changing also will change if any of the D2's on deck 10 pop up. Not real familiar with afts on deck 8. I am guessing they are not like the Voyager Class where the decks above can look right into the balcony.

Just be careful about deck 7 afts since you can hear the Safari lounge. We had 7172 on the Jewel last October to NE/Canada. We loved the cabin and balcony but could hear the bass from the lounge every night until around midnight. Wasn't terrible but wasn't as quiet as we would have liked. It was great to sit out on the balcony and check out the stars though. I think we used that balcony more than we ever used our balcony on a Caribbean cruise.

Just be careful about deck 7 afts since you can hear the Safari lounge. We had 7172 on the Jewel last October to NE/Canada. We loved the cabin and balcony but could hear the bass from the lounge every night until around midnight. Wasn't terrible but wasn't as quiet as we would have liked. It was great to sit out on the balcony and check out the stars though. I think we used that balcony more than we ever used our balcony on a Caribbean cruise.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

If 9256 becomes available I will be changing also will change if any of the D2's on deck 10 pop up. Not real familiar with afts on deck 8. I am guessing they are not like the Voyager Class where the decks above can look right into the balcony.

8168 IS A VERY POPULAR AFT CABIN. If you can get it, snag it up. Of course if 9236 is available, go with that.

Considering we are looking at a New England cruise we are rethinking the location. Blocking the wind may make more sense. Thanks.

Cabin 7108 is very deep. I've seen pictures of it on Serenade and it holds 2 loungers, 2 chairs, 2 tables and there's still room. (+ not so much wind) !

Because of the slope of the aft on Radiance class ships, if you lean way out over your balcony railing, you can see a bit of the balcony below you. About 3/4 of the balcony is actually under the cabin of the one above it

Because of the slope of the aft on Radiance class ships, if you lean way out over your balcony railing, you can see a bit of the balcony below you. About 3/4 of the balcony is actually under the cabin of the one above it

Thanks. We did have a deck 10 aft on the Serenade in 09 but to be honest I could not rememeber. I do have pictures showing the size but none showing a downward view.

• 2 years later...
Hi Puffinater...

Hello, just saw your post. Can you please answer if 7092 had any obstructed views from the Life Boat Canapies? I have my parents in a hump but just saw a pic of the room with the overhang and it is a lot of overhang!

:eek:

Archived