Cabin Location

CinWay

I see a deal offered on .....

Cruise Critic has a policy against mentioning the names of Travel Agencies.

Take a look at the home page of Cruise Critic for sales on cruises.

Check Celebrity's home page for quotes prior to any purchase elsewhere.

when I go through the process to see which cabins are available, they are, for the most part, around the elevators - is this a bad spot to be? Thanks in advance.

I don't like any cabin directly across from any hallway where people can look right into a cabin. You also have to be careful of "traffic" noise where people tend to congregate.

Can anyone tell me - are the cabins around the elevators considered to be bad?

We like cabins just pass the elevators. Not at the opening. We tend to book rooms more aft. Just aft of the aft elevators. The rooms seem to cost more or are the nicer rooms near the elevators and if there in the hump they might have bigger balconies. Richard

Where can we find any information about ocean view cabins on the Solstice class ships? The majority of these cabins are found on the Plaza Deck 3 and the Continental Deck 2.

Would this a nice location for my mother-in-law, who is 88 years old.

Where can we find any information about ocean view cabins on the Solstice class ships? The majority of these cabins are found on the Plaza Deck 3 and the Continental Deck 2.

Would this a nice location for my mother-in-law, who is 88 years old.

Several years ago we stayed on Deck 3 and found the location to be wonderful. You are on the same floor as the dining room and most elevators start or end here without the waiting required on many other decks.

Several years ago we stayed on Deck 3 and found the location to be wonderful. You are on the same floor as the dining room and most elevators start or end here without the waiting required on many other decks.

Thanks for your post !!!

If you're talking about cabins near the elevators on Solstice class ships, there is no problem. The elevators are in their own area with a well between them and the cabins. We had the first cabin aft of the elevators on the Eclipse and it was great being so close to the elevators.

Happy Cruiser 6143 thanks for the information.

We always get a cabin as close to the elevator as we can and never had any noise problems. Every now and then, very seldom, you might here some "fond farewells" as people exit the elevator at night and head their different directions. Never any noise from the elevator itself.

On our last cruise on the Constellation for the Baltics, I took an inside cabin on Deck 2. Its location was perfect for this port intensive cruise--8 port days out of 12. The cabin backed up to the steps. Getting on and off the ship was a piece of cake--one deck down. No waiting for an elevator and easy to "merge" in with people disembarking via the steps who were backed up several decks. When the elevator, which was on the other side of the steps, came, it was empty so we never had to watch it whiz by us full of people unless it was at a time when people were getting back from port at the last minute and getting on at Deck 1. Then I just walked down to the other elevator.

Tucker in Texas

Hi,:) I have also stayed in cabins near elevators over the years and have

never had a problem with noise. Actually the location is really good,

off the elevator~ Cabin is right there;) (or with a few steps anyway).

Archived