Ladies, show me your cruise toes!

lucigo

I'm really hoping my toes heal before our cruise in 5.5 wks.. I broke 2 toes in a couple of places this weekend, they are wonderfully purple, swollen, and killing me!

On a positive note, I thought it was my foot that was broke and would have been devastated to cruise with a cast.. I would have gotten the cast off the week *after* the cruise, can you imagine the cast shaped tan line? LOL

Just paint 'em purple so they'll match. ;)

I'm really hoping my toes heal before our cruise in 5.5 wks.. I broke 2 toes in a couple of places this weekend, they are wonderfully purple, swollen, and killing me!

On a positive note, I thought it was my foot that was broke and would have been devastated to cruise with a cast.. I would have gotten the cast off the week *after* the cruise, can you imagine the cast shaped tan line? LOL

Ouch!! Hope its feeling better and you can enjoy your cruise!! I won't show the picture, but on the conquest my kids made me pose for a picture with the "watch your step" sign after I blackened a toe tripping over one of those dividers!

What about us men?

My hubby is a diabetic & gets his feet done (NOT painted toenails though!) for medical reasons. He put off his appt. 2 weeks until the day before we cruise just so that he could get his feet done. I just LOL! Men got their stuff and we got ours altho I doubt he'd do his feet if it weren't for medical reasons :) he'd probably kill me if he knew I put this on the message board too :eek:

Edited by wannago35

Last cruise I saw so many pretty cruise pedicures, I want to do something really fun, and need some ideas!! I always take a cruise toes picture, but want something new! Show me yours!~

toes2.jpg

Oh my, what big fee you have.

Just kidding :)

I usually just paint mine a bright frosted orange. Sorry, no pics. However, I would like to ask all of you who get pedicures ..... how do you keep them so nice during the cruise? I have this habit of when I am in sand/at beaches, my toes get all scruffed up, so I have to re-apply my toenail polish. How do you do this if you have a pedicure? I am afraid that if I got a pedicure, in one day there would be nail polish missing and my feet would look worse than before.

I usually just paint mine a bright frosted orange. Sorry, no pics. However, I would like to ask all of you who get pedicures ..... how do you keep them so nice during the cruise? I have this habit of when I am in sand/at beaches, my toes get all scruffed up, so I have to re-apply my toenail polish. How do you do this if you have a pedicure? I am afraid that if I got a pedicure, in one day there would be nail polish missing and my feet would look worse than before.

I'm lucky that the place I get pedis does them so well they don't chip for weeks. But just in case, I either take my color with me or pick a color I have at home so I can do touchups as needed.

Love all the cute pedis! I hope they start doing the Carnival colors one as a special onboard. I would totally go up to the spa to get that done. I'll have to try that one sometime regardless. I just did plain hot pink on my last cruise, french tips the cruise before that, and silver the one before that. (No pics I'm afraid). For my wedding cruise I want to get ivory with pink roses on the big toes :)

Whether you do your pedi yourself or if you go to an actual nail shop or salon make sure to use a good base coat and top coat. What I do is I just keep applying a thin top coat each day up until the trip. I usually get it done 2 days before we leave so I just apply keep applying a top coat each day. It really keeps the polish from chipping off since there are so many coats on top and it makes the polish look liquidy and shiny like a brand new paint job on a car. The paint job lasts for weeks and can withstand the sand and stuff while on vacay.

Just got off my cruise Friday, and these were my toes (although they are ready for a re-do). When the sand dulled the finish after a few days, I just brushed on a fresh new clear coat on top, and wah-laa! Brand new!

656460747_BeachToes.jpg.c148365520f7aace81b4ae3b482b4be4.jpg

Bright but plain red for my Western Carib in 09~ next cruise I'm going to use the new crackle finish just have to pick out which colors~

DSCN2998aaxx.jpg

I tried doing the crackle on my toes a couple times, and it just looked terrible on the toes :( Better luck to you!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

A really good top coat goes a long way. I have also found that the glitter polishes last much longer than anything. I buy glitter polish at Walgreens for $1.50 and put it on top of my color then a clear top coat. Even when I get a pedi, they have a hard time getting that off. It lasts and lasts and lasts. Good luck!

thanks for the bump.....now shoooo! go away!!!

anyway.....love this thread!

oh, and the guacamole toes......hope they got that thing amputated!:eek:

ROFL!!! That picture about made me sick, and then guacamole just made me bust out laughing! I need to go to bed but I don't want to have nightmares!

I really enjoyed this thread! Good quality nail polish like OPI for example, and top and bottom coats are the way to go if you want a longlasting mani/pedi. And it is true that the cheap glitter nail polishes last just about forever and are hard to remove. I've always loved painting my nails and toes and love to try all the new colors that come out every year!:D I too am going to steal (well "borrow") the Carnival nail job!;) Thanks for sharing ladies!:D

Edited by mousey