View of the Port

Cthy651

Rooms on the south side of the Crowne Plaza will have a good view (I'd even guess the best view) of the midport area where Oasis docks. If it's a weekend, then the Oasis or Allure might block the view of the other terminals where Carnival, Celebrity, other RCI ships etc dock. If your room is on the north side, the pool area is on the south side and 4 or 5 floors up, so you can see the port from there.

The Princess terminal would best be seen from the Hyatt Pier 66 tower high enough to see over the bridge, or the Renaissance high enough to see over the convention center and cruise terminal, as you'd get a slightly angled view. The Hilton Marina would be looking directly at either the bow or stern of a Princess ship if one was there, and it would block the Oasis/Allure terminal and possibly the terminal next door as well.

I stayed at Marriott Beach resort; u can request a room of the port. My wife and I watched Oasis sail out on Sat, then we watched Allure come into port Sunday morning; and sailed her later in the day.

If I was staying at the Marriott Beach, and especially the Lago Mar, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to walk down the beach and watch the ships leave from right beside them at the inlet. You just don't get that kind of view from many ports and one that's not easily accessed if not staying in this area.

yeah....the Harbor Beach Marriott offers some great photo ops!

i love that place....*sigh*

That would be my first choice if I had time to watch the ships sail in or out from the beach. I don't think the port views are that exciting.

Thank you all, I booked the Embassy Suites - Mariott looks beautiful, but a little to expensive for my pocketbook.

mine too...i used marriott points once, and one time got a really good rate.

the ES is fine....just ask for a room facing the pier...PLUS you're right next to lots of "stuff"

enjoy......

Check out the Bahia Mar, last cruise we could watch the ship sail into port and watch the ship leave. From the pool, you could see the Emerald princess at dock. It't about one half hour walk from the Bahia Mar to the port entrance. Great hotel across the street from the beach. We will be staying there next January before our cruise.

Check out the Bahia Mar, last cruise we could watch the ship sail into port and watch the ship leave. From the pool, you could see the Emerald princess at dock. It't about one half hour walk from the Bahia Mar to the port entrance. Great hotel across the street from the beach. We will be staying there next January before our cruise.

It's 1.6 miles from Bahia Mar to the port entrance...you walk fast!

Archived