3 Day Sale

coops

Just a heads up. Princess is having a 3 day sale for sailings in Dec thru Feb on most of the ships.

OBC and sale prices. But the deposit is nonrefunable. We don't sail till March so can't take advantage of it. The sale ends Friday.

Dawn

I just read this also and it says it is non-transferable. So those of us that booked we are out of luck. That is how I see it. Also our cruise in Oct. is cheaper than the one that is on sale. We get military obc so that makes up for the obc that they are offering on these "sales".

I'm sure someone else will answer your question if what I said is incorrect.

Carol

Actually for some sailings October through February. I checked mine - does not show any price drop, but there is OBC. Do you have to rebook to get this?

I just called them and although the prices, even with the 3 day sale, are higher than what I paid they would not give me the OBC. They said I'd have to rebook and if I did the price would be higher, however, they'd then be able to give me the OBC. I'll keep the booking I have now as I'm saving more then the OBC they'll give me with the price increase!

Harriet

We are looking to book a cruise, and plan to take advantage of this unless, like other say, it is non-refundable. This means it would be like the Flash Sales, which I don't mind doing within a month or two or departure, but for us this would be 7 months prior to departure.

I'm booked on four Princess cruises and only one is listed on this "sale". I paid $899 and it's now on sale for $1099 BUT I'd get a $50 OBC and turn it into a non refundable non transferrable booking, what a deal!!

Sheesh, sorry I posted this. Won't make that mistake again.

Dawn

I don't think the posters intend to be rude, they just come across that way sometimes in this format. Please post anytime you see a deal!! I'll be looking at available cruises!

maybe I am missing something; I usually book my cruise and then just go, but after reviewing CC boards I am more diligent in my purchase.

I recently booked a Panama Canal cruise for Jan 2012 and used a FCC deposit. My final payment is due November 2011: after this date the trip becomes non-refundable correct.

Right now in this 3 day sale, the price is the same but there is the OBC... I am not likely to want to refund the cruise anyway (I have already booked air) so I would think it would make sense for me to re-book under this promotion..... am I missing something?

Also, does anyone know I have the FCC OBC along with a $30 OBC from my travel agent, would I be able to keep these in addition to the $100 OBC from the promotion?

I am going to contact my TA but sometimes I feel like everyone here is more knowledgeable. Thanks!

Dana

maybe I am missing something; I usually book my cruise and then just go, but after reviewing CC boards I am more diligent in my purchase.

I recently booked a Panama Canal cruise for Jan 2012 and used a FCC deposit. My final payment is due November 2011: after this date the trip becomes non-refundable correct.

Right now in this 3 day sale, the price is the same but there is the OBC... I am not likely to want to refund the cruise anyway (I have already booked air) so I would think it would make sense for me to re-book under this promotion..... am I missing something? Only the depost is non-refundable.

Also, does anyone know I have the FCC OBC along with a $30 OBC from my travel agent, would I be able to keep these in addition to the $100 OBC from the promotion? You should be able to unless the TA OBC was tied to a group space booking that would no longer apply.

I am going to contact my TA but sometimes I feel like everyone here is more knowledgeable. Thanks!

Dana

see above

I just looked at the cruise we have planned for Feb, prices are the same and the only one that OBC shows up on is inside rooms. We are balcony people so guess I will just leave the reservation alone.

I was able to take advantage of the three day sale for a Panama Canal sailing in April 2012. I was able to get a balcony room for an Ocean view price. However no on board ship credit, which is find with me and my deposit is refundable! So I am pleased! :)

I'm glad to see some people were able to get a good deal out of the 3-day sale. I just put my TA to a lot of work to learn that our past cruiser discounts were a better deal than the sale so we're going to wait a little longer to book.

I'm glad to see some people were able to get a good deal out of the 3-day sale. I just put my TA to a lot of work to learn that our past cruiser discounts were a better deal than the sale so we're going to wait a little longer to book.

I am a past cruiser, was able to get fare reduction, but not the OBC.

Thanks for posting this. The published discounts and OBC are only for:

7-day Caribbean - Sept 2011 - Apr 2012

10-day Panana Canal - Sept 2011 - Apr 2012

14-day Hawaii - Sept 2011 - Apr 2012

11-day Tahiti - Dec 2011 - Feb 2012

I initially got all excited about potential reductions when I received the postcard from Princess but none of those destinations are in our future travel plans. And from what folks have said, I guess past passenger discounts are already a better deal. The rest of the information is here: http://www.princess.com/3daysale.page and the fine print is here http://www.princess.com/newsletter/html/3DaySale/

I just read this also and it says it is non-transferable. So those of us that booked we are out of luck. That is how I see it. Also our cruise in Oct. is cheaper than the one that is on sale. We get military obc so that makes up for the obc that they are offering on these "sales".

I'm sure someone else will answer your question if what I said is incorrect.

Carol

Thats not fair

Here is the odd thing about this sale. Prices were lowered late last week for some cruises before the end of the year that are lower than these sale prices. Prices were lowered just yesterday for some Jan-Feb cruises for some past cruisers that are lower than these sale prices. As SunsetBeachGal pointed out, why would you book with a non-refundable deposit 7 months out? You can be almost certain that prices will drop again before final payment. With a non-refundable deposit, you can't take advantage of these later price drops.

But it's always good to post this sort of thing. Not every sale applies to every passenger. And it's possible that someone who had not yet booked would find these prices with the associated OBC very appealing.

Archived