Park N Cruise Port Canaveral $4.99/day

goneonacruise

Like the port ,they charge for the day you arrive and the day you depart.

For a 7 day cruise... 8x6.99 + 6%tax = $59.27

So no surcharge? And wow...did not know the port was now charging 8 days for a 7 day

cruise. Yikes! :eek: :( :( Shame on them!!

60 bucks versus 120....hhmmm...guess it's a no brainer now. Thanks for the info. I have tried several times to call that new park and ride, but they

never answer the phone.

Edited by island lady

Just confirmed on the phone that the park and cruise (internet reservation online) will

be 59.27 total. 6.99 x 8 days with 6% sales tax.

Waiting to hear back on an email from Port Canaveral parking authority why they are

now double dipping on departure/arrival day...charging 8 days for a 7 day cruise.

On those days the parking authority will get twice the money for that one parking spot.

Nice scam. :(

Recently returned from a 3 night Monarch cruise and we were changed for FOUR days. $15 per day or $60 to park the car.

Actually they’ve figured out a way to get 9 days in a week if you count 4 days parking for a 3 night cruise and 5 days parking for a 4 night cruise that same week!

We knew about the higher charges but with a 3 night cruise decided we wanted the convenience of having the car a the port as we had a long drive home. Hearing that the park and cruise is so easy – we may change our mind next time, and likely will use off site parking for 7 night sailings from PC. I also saw what appeared to be an independent parking situation set up at the Radisson ( at $6.99 /per - not sure if that is per day or per night) .

I am aware that the hotels have had to make some parking/shuttle changes also.

Good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a 3 nighter on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral and were shocked when we had to pay for 4 days, $60.00. Yesterday, we were off the ship and driving home at 8:30 a.m., why did we have to pay for a whole day? Someone is going to pull into our parking spot and pay for that day also, double dipping is absolutely correct.

I just checked trip advisor on this hotel, and many of the reviews are not good.

There are also reviews from people who stated that the parking lot was very crowded with cars parking on the grass and everywhere, and that they had to wait 45 minutes to get transportation to the port. They also stated that the van was overly crowded..so not sure this is the place to park...Just trying to be helpful...maybe some of you have first hand knowledge?:)

This sounds like a good deal, and sounds very secure. Has anybody actually stayed here? Just wondering what the hotel is like in case we wanted to come in the day before.:)

Radisson at the Port is a nice hotel. Lots of reviews on this forum and trip advisor.

The deal sounds good, but the shuttle over would be the only issue. Since you have to sign up for the shuttle to the port, anyone using this service probably wouldnt be able to get a slot until after 12pm. The hotel guests would get all the early times.

If getting to the port early isnt an issue. Its $1 cheaper than park n cruise, which will get you from their lot to the ship as early as 10:30ish.

This sounds like a good deal, and sounds very secure. Has anybody actually stayed here? Just wondering what the hotel is like in case we wanted to come in the day before.:)

I regularly stay at the Raddison and have always left my vehicle there, the lot was not fenced but I never had an issue and parking was free with a stay. Not sure about the parkportcanaveral company. Will be calling tomorrow and if they now charge extra I'll stay next door at the Hampton as they still offer free parking with hotel stay. I'll let you know tomorrow.

I regularly stay at the Raddison and have always left my vehicle there, the lot was not fenced but I never had an issue and parking was free with a stay. Not sure about the parkportcanaveral company. Will be calling tomorrow and if they now charge extra I'll stay next door at the Hampton as they still offer free parking with hotel stay. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Another just posted that there is not fence? Just wondering which is correct?

Looking over this thread I believe the two different off site parking options have gotten muddled.

First, Park N Cruise is located on Merritt Island and offer fenced parking, not all paved and can be crowded as more and more cruisers discover the location. Still getting good over all reviews as reliable. Cost 6.99 per day + 6% tax. Second, Park Port Canaveral located at the Radisson complex, has a large unfenced paved parking area. Cost 5.95 per day + 6% tax. Both charge for first through last day just as the Port Parking does. Both have shuttle service, wait for transport varies depending on number of pax. If your in a hurry taxi service is available at the Radisson for around $10 - 15. I'm familiar with the Radisson parking area and have never had an issue, I use the stay and park option (free parking). Hope I haven't confused anyone more than before:confused:

Looking over this thread I believe the two different off site parking options have gotten muddled.

First, Park N Cruise is located on Merritt Island and offer fenced parking, not all paved and can be crowded as more and more cruisers discover the location. Still getting good over all reviews as reliable. Cost 6.99 per day + 6% tax. Second, Park Port Canaveral located at the Radisson complex, has a large unfenced paved parking area. Cost 5.95 per day + 6% tax. Both charge for first through last day just as the Port Parking does. Both have shuttle service, wait for transport varies depending on number of pax. If your in a hurry taxi service is available at the Radisson for around $10 - 15. I'm familiar with the Radisson parking area and have never had an issue, I use the stay and park option (free parking). Hope I haven't confused anyone more than before:confused:

Thank you for the info..Radisson must have a huge parking area to be able to handle guests that aren't even staying there. Just seems a little strange that they could have the room to do that..

Edited by Linco711

Thank you for the info..Radisson must have a huge parking area to be able to handle guests that aren't even staying there. Just seems a little strange that they could have the room to do that..

The Radisson is a massive facility with a Convention Center and several other non-hotel buildings. Looks like they have added at least one more shuttle vehicle.

• 5 months later...
how early do they start the shuttles??? We like to get on the boat early:)

We go there about 9:30 or so and had to wait about 30 minutes before they would take us to the port. We were the only ones on the shuttle and had to wait on hour or so before they starting boarding the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone confirm that ParkNCruise is self-parking and you keep your keys?

Yes it is self parking and you do keep your keys..Its a big open lot, not paved, but with gravel...Your car will sit in the sun all day.

Be very careful that someone keeps an eye on your luggage at all times. When we parked there, we saw a couples luggage loaded on a van and they didn't get on the van that their luggage went on...:eek:Not a good way to start a vacation. Needless to say the couple was very upset..There are many vans leaving at the same time, and they didn't know which van it left on...When you arrive the will unload your bags and move them to an exit area while you pay and get info. It's a rushed process as they are trying to get everyone out as quickly as possible. Be sure someone gets out of your car and stays with your bags the whole time until your whole party is ready to leave.

I know this sounds confusing, but the only thing you need to be sure of is that someone keep track of all your luggage and you watch them load it onto the van that you are leaving on...:)

Have a great trip...